Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Fake profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lemuel7
Msg: 1
Fake profilesPage 1 of 1    
Is it allowed to post fake / scam / underage profiles to warn others? I already reported them but they are still on the site. And it's not libel or anything, cause those are fake / scam / underage profiles to profiles to begin with and i am 100% sure of it:

For example here is one that anyone can see is a fake / scam:
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=33457153
Because it's the exact same girl (even wearing the EXACT same clothes) as in this profile:
http://www.pof.com/member33449394.htm
(they are both fake).

And here is an example of an underage one:
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=32877089
She is 16 - she told me that in a POF message - but it's also obvious.

As I said I reported all these profiles already but there are still there.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 2
Fake profiles
Posted: 11/18/2011 5:44:30 AM
Contact csr@pof.com.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:04:20 AM

Is it allowed to post fake / scam / underage profiles to warn others?
Absolutely NOT this is how you get banned from posting in the forums. Maybe actually READING the forum posting rules BEFORE posting would of been the wisest route.

As I said I reported all these profiles already but there are still there.
Let me explain how this works. ONE PERSON can not report and get a profile removed. It takes a NUMBER of reports from different people. Or I could report you for some made up reason (say your a sex offender or pedophile etc..) and have your profile deleted. See the problem here? One persons report does not mean action is taking place.

If you reported their profile using the link at the bottom of the profile you have DONE YOUR PART. Now move on and forget about it. When enough other people do the same POF will take care of it.

You are a part of the system here not the final judge. You have done your part. Thank you. Now continue on please.

Cowboy
 AmandaPoohBear1993
Msg: 4
Fake profiles
Posted: 11/26/2011 8:28:08 AM
I deff agree with cowboy your one person and if only one person reports it cant expect for them to go poof right away has to be more then one persone that has reported it.
 jenna62
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:25:18 PM
lemuel on 21/01/2012
subject fake profile

i agree to you.i have been severly harrased by my ex boyfriend.his in another state as i moved away,he stole pictures of me and has put a face profile up with very dirty and nasty things under jena62.his phyco and has even broken my arm and had to have mayjor surgery.i had to move to this state queensland australia.this is not the first time he has done this to me on a dating site.i have reported it but nothing has been done,so pof are loosing me on there site as im going to cancell.they should listen to people and sort out problems instead of raking in the money.thanks for nothing pof.cheers
 ToThySelf
Msg: 6
Fake profiles
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:29:21 PM
And here is an example of an underage one:
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=32877089
She is 16 - she told me that in a POF message - but it's also obvious.

It was obvious she is 16 and you contacted her? Did she say you weren't her type and now the outlash?

Where is Chris Hanson?
 OneOnOwn
Msg: 7
Fake profiles
Posted: 1/23/2012 3:24:59 AM
Its easy to set up fake profiles or even multiple profiles. You only have to know how your computer tracks you on POF .
 Sunny_Coaster
Msg: 8
Fake profiles
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:05:45 PM
I've been contacted by suspect fake profiles, it tends to happen when I'm surfing this place late at night. I feel for those who can't read profiles and fall for Nigerian scams.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 9
Fake profiles
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:27:54 AM
I strongly suspect some forumites have multiple fake profiles...I ignore anyone who is suspect
 johnny-jet
Msg: 10
Fake profiles
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:11:49 AM
you and cowboy need to learn the your and you're lesson. When I read it and it's ever so wrong it just makes me think you two are dumb.

cheers.
 laskoboo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:55:55 AM
johnny jet this is a dating site, not acedemia world... cowboy seems to be doing Ok at dating....
You should mind your own business. Esp since no one asked you.

fake profiles?
yep.. and lots of fake people too !
goes goes with the territory.
 johnny-jet
Msg: 12
Fake profiles
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:34:44 PM
white knight much?

I just came by this forum to see how to report a fake. Being able to convey a message in written form is of high importance on a website. It doesn't matter what kind of forum it is.
reporting scam profiles helps other people not fall for the trap.
 nysilly
Msg: 13
Fake profiles
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:54:34 AM
Comments posted in this topic are hilarious....I do agree with the OP, there needs to be better moderation.

The other guy which commented second, all though it seemed a bit harsh, is right; just remove the link so you will be in compliance with this rule.

D) Any Thread Topic that includes, discusses or makes Reference to, and in any Form names an Individual or Group of Forum Poster(s), whether specifically stated, insinuated or suggested, a POF Member or any Administrative Personnel, is not allowed.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Fake profiles