Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > A Woman 20 to 30 Years Older?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aquamarine310
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A Woman 20 to 30 Years Older?Page 1 of 1    
I am curious as to what a man 20 and 30 something year old sees in women 20 to 30 years older than them? I'm not trying to be judgemental but just genuinely interested. I read on the profiles all the time about there needing to be a physical attraction. I wonder why some men seek out women way older when they could have someone closer to their age even by 10 or 15 years. No need to hate on me with your answers just a polite informational response will be fine if that is okay. Thank you for your insite.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 2
A Woman 20 to 30 Years Older?
Posted: 11/22/2011 5:53:02 AM
I'm not sure many people actively seek out a partner with such a large age difference - but sometimes it just happens. You met someone you connect with and physical age no longer matters.
 StraylightRunn
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:10:59 AM
I would...er..."date" a woman who was 20 years older. But have no intentions of anything long term. 50 yr old women can be incredibly attractive still. There are also emotional features of someone middle aged that are desirable.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:11:28 AM
oh yeah, BIG connections happening between 20 year old guys and 40 year old women.... SO MUCH in common.

he wants you to teach him things.
he thinks you will be very grateful and thus, very enthusiastic.....
he's betting you can't even get pregnant at this point.

this is a multiple choice answer; getting laid by a happy MILF is the common denominator.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:16:56 AM
one word answer on why young guys hit on older women .... SEX
 ChillinChill
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:22:45 AM
The majority of my messages are from men that are under 30. They are curious I imagine. They want the experience of being with an older woman. For some men it is a fantasy.
If older woman are believing that a long term meaningful relationship can develop from a man 30 years younger than them, they are truly, totally delusional.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:26:58 AM
Sex, it's the end goal no matter what age the quarry. Besides that, safety, not near as likely to get someone 45 or older preggo.
You have to think about the long term, one day in the future most likely his mom and dad are going to tell him to ditch the older women in favor of one of grandkid making age.
 Kitten189
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:53:03 AM
Op,there are heaps of Threads on this subject and the general consensus is that its a common fantasy younger men have to bed an older woman,ie: the Mrs.Robinson thang...............
 ohenryx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:34:14 AM
This has been going on for a very long time. Not just to the days of "Mrs. Robinson", but hundreds and probably thousands of years. Read Benjamin Franklin's thoughts on this very subject, written approximately 250 years ago:

http://grammar.about.com/od/classicessays/a/franklinmis.htm

When I was a young man, about 25 years old, I had a relationship with an older woman. I never knew her age, but it was probably somewhere between 45 and 55. She was very attractive, and a lot of fun to be with, and oh my god she was a great lover. This relationship was about more than sex, but less then living together / possible marriage. It lasted around 6 months, and ended by her choice, not mine.

If a woman looks good enough to attract a much younger man, and that is what she wants, then more power to her, I say. But I have seen older women here on the forums bragging (yes, bragging) about how if they wanted to date 25 year old men, they could have a date every day of the week. And I look at their pictures, and I say to myself, "Ain't happening."

Ladies, be honest with yourselves. If you want to date (not just screw) a man 20 years younger, then you have to look as good as the women his age. And that will be true only for a very small percentage of the older ladies. If you look your age, and men much younger than you are hitting on you, they are looking for something like "sex chat" or just "hit it and quit it". They are NOT going to actually date you.

Sorry to burst your balloon, but .....
 Silent Steel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:34:31 AM
I think young guys like the regimented lifestyle.....Geritol, Depends, Ensure, aspirin, Midol, Doans, Ben-Gay....that the old birds have on a daily basis.

Or

It could be the sex.
 unclezeus
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:44:18 AM

sees in women 20 to 30 years older than them?

Sex.
You have to remember, males are not females, so he isn't concerned with having conversations with her, or that she is his mothers age......he just wants to get laid. And some women will do this. They always have. They always will.

older when they could have someone closer to their age even by 10 or 15 years.

Yes, he could but it doesn't matter. He is just seeking sex, not intelligent conversation. Basically, "Just do me, and see ya", attitude.
Sometimes he erroneously hopes the older woman is experienced and can teach him something. His hope is long shot most of the time.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:50:40 AM

I read on the profiles all the time about there needing to be a physical attraction. I wonder why some men seek out women way older when they could have someone closer to their age even by 10 or 15 years.

Because they think you will be flattered and be easy nookie. And we REALLY needed to explain this to you? Scary. VERY scary.

Cowboy
 petebelongs
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 8:00:58 AM
So OP, have the 11 to 21 year olds been hitting on you again? I loved my mother emotionally, but never had any physical desires, but I could imagine in this strange world that some young men could have a "Mommy" fixation and want to be with a woman considerably older than they are.

lovepuppet, you super hot vixen, don't you think it could be just a little possible for a May/September relationship with the guy being the young'un?
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/22/2011 8:39:05 AM
Dating an older woman generally has nothing to do with sex !

Older women bring way more expertise to the table then younger women who think that a microwave dinner is a gourmet meal.
They have had experiences in life that can help them, and they usually make better partners then younger girls.....however.....20 - 30 years older is quite a gap.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 8:39:28 AM
every type of pairing, for every possible reason, can and does happen. your question is like asking why some people like liver and onions and some people don't. differences in taste or preference come down to this: not everyone is the same. what's not to understand?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:03:16 AM
I think at least a sub-conscious reason would be, if that considerably older woman was notably good looking for her age -- less strings attached. I mean, honestly, if a guy's 21, and a woman's 44, one would have to be koo-koo to believe that there's any actual Relationship potential. And an older woman's going to easily be smart enough to know that, too. In other words, it spells out the potential for a Casual dating situation, and the considerable age-gap alone negates any potential hurt feelings about "not wanting me enough for a Real Relationship". Thus, less 'games' have to enter into it all by anyone. Not everyone is looking for a Relationship -- and not everyone is looking for just a one-night stand at the same time, either.

Less of an emotional minefield. Plus, of course, you have the teacher-student thing going on, which can be a turn on for both parties...
 richl9548
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:39:55 AM
Since you gave such a wide range of ages for the sake of this let's use the number 25. He is 25 and you would be fiftyish. At that point he is young, dumb and full of (himself). You, on the other hand, are mature, settled, few if any child rearing responsibilities, perhaps financial stable and look damn good for 50+.

He can figure that you are free to come and go as you please...pick up and run away for the weekend, won't have a problem with paying your share (or all) of the tab, you will relish the attention, probably not have had sex in a long while since young folks believe that old folks don't phuque and is more than willing to take care of that for you.

Given that neither one of you will see any long term potential in this relationship, his thinking is that it will be someone to spend time with until he is really ready to settle down.
 kja1971
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/22/2011 10:09:35 AM
How much do a 20yr old guy and a 40yr old woman have in common? UM hopefully nothing. The younger guys wanna go back and brag to their buddies about having sex with a cougar.....SEX period
 scottey63
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 10:37:37 AM
A lot of good answers here, and all potentially true. To sum up:

1. Mommy issues.
2. Wants to get experience from an older woman.
3. Thinks they'll be flattered, and therefore easy nookie.
4. Want to brag to his friends how he nailed an older woman.

Or maybe:
5. Looking for a sugar mommy.

Or any combination of the above.
 Magina314
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/22/2011 10:52:30 AM
Yeah, I see no problem with a woman that is older than I am.
 allintime1987
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/22/2011 11:14:22 AM
Boys like that these women are established, independent, probably no small children involved, and they are not as needy, clingy, and fertile as us younger girls. They don't need someone to annoy all day because they have their own routines to follow and they don't want to miss friday nights with their girls and older women well they have intimate needs too go girls
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > A Woman 20 to 30 Years Older?