Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > dating show, matchmaker millionaire      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
dating show, matchmaker millionairePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Anyone ever see it?

It'd hysterical and also educational. I had no idea how clueless and difficult some people could be.
Also great dating tips. Anyone watch it?
any favorite shows?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 2
dating show, matchmaker millionaire
Posted: 12/16/2011 4:42:56 PM
As far as fake reality shows goes it is right up there.

Lots of scripted stuff with pretend millionaires tossed in for the mix.

On top of it Patti Stanger is a complete loon.
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 4:46:45 PM
yes it is very entertaining !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I record it to watch when I have free time. I love the Patti Melts and the
odd situations, the ageists, the complete out of touch with reality.

It's a great show and I love it !
Covers all the dating issues like grass is greener syndrome.. to hairstyles. The millionairesses are the best !!!
They are hard to please and don't follow the rules. I love the show.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 6:32:40 PM
I watched it before I switched providers. I found it hugely entertaining, it's funny how clueless the men are about dating. Sex toy Dave, what a complete TOOL. I think they get their money's worth, it isn't a surprise they think they know better and most dates don't work out. They pay for advice then don't take it. Hmmm...kinda reminds me of the forums, again not a surprise.

My favorites shows...at the time Castle...DUH I'm also a writer. My favs tend to be along the lines of true crime, Dateline, etc. I also like some of the business shows, Shark Tank, that's very interesting IMO and CNBC has some good specials. Loved "House of Cards", even read the book. I've done a seminar on the global economy, so it's almost like work...haha. I also record Comedy Central Presents as I'm working on a standup to do an open mike...someday.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 6:42:17 PM
It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Patty's a flake, and she seems to have a skewed idea about what men like - but I put that down to being in LA. The advice she gives young women probably works in that city. The advice she gives the guys is much better, but they seldom listen to her.

There was one incident that I got a chuckle over: on the show she was being yelled at and sworn at by a client. But, it had obviously been edited - she had a different cell phone at the start of the call than in the rest of it. Clearly she gave at least as good as she got and didn't come off well by the time they got it into the editing bay. So they went to reshoot her response, but she had a new cell phone by that time.
 Kitten189
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/16/2011 8:18:47 PM
I always get a good laugh out of this show and think its hilarious!!

These so-called millionaires are usually revolting and i can see why they cant get a date.
Some of them seem absolutely clueless about women and though they might be wealthy,they're
going to end up very lonely,old wealthy men.......i guess that's why they have to resort to Patti.
She was engaged at one time herself but i never found out why they broke up?
Maybe she should join Pof
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/16/2011 8:32:16 PM
Patti Stanger Is Homophobic With Andy Cohen

Culture Buzz Gawker's Matt Cherette has put together this compilation of the ridiculously homophobic things Patti Stanger, aka The Millionaire Matchmaker, said to Andy Cohen last night on Watch What Happens Live. This is a person whose job is to help people find love. Aparrently that can't happen for the gays because they're too slutty or something. I don't even know.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/patti-stanger-is-homophobic-with-andy-cohen

IMO - This women is not qualified to give dating advice to squirrels and by that I mean no offense to squirrels.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:15:23 AM
she may come across as acerbic @ times, but she is sooooo on he money w/ her fats about men & women
 bucsgirl
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:37:57 AM
"she may come across as acerbic @ times, but she is sooooo on he money w/ her fats about men & women" I totally agree, when she goes off, cusses like a sailor and stomps her feet, it makes for good TV. She does know her stuff, she could use some work on her "soft skills"...haha.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/17/2011 5:05:12 AM
oops typo facts not fats...she goes off on folks cuz they come to her 4 advice, then they do not listen....like the girl named Teal who had sex on the 1st date w/ the middle eastern guy & then he dumped her

sex toy dave ended up marrying a sweet nice girl

bucsgirl
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2011 5:10:53 AM
If someone paid me 20K a pop, I wouldn't give a shyt if they followed my advice or not. The people who are on the air, allegedly, get comped the fee to do the show. I think that has a lot to do with it, I'm sure she makes some $$$ from doing the show plus she gets to pimp her book. Gotta hand it to her, she's got multiple revenue streams, she's savvy as a businesswoman.

Plus, I'm pretty sure some of it's maybe egged on a bit, most of the boring stuff gets cut. I was filmed once for a TV show, 3 hours turned into barely 5 minutes live TV....it's the biz.
 laskoboo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2011 5:19:08 AM
I just love the show, also agree with the posters who wacthed it and see how clueless some of these guys are.

My favorite was the one with the guy "aiondie" ( spelled wrong) tall, fit, good looking black guy with great smile... full of chit and himself, who rejected all the women Patti Melt brought him. None of them were smart enough despite all being well educated. In his second apperance on the show patti found him this knock out beauty and she was also " not smart enough"... and Patti had one of her meltdowns and threw him out of the office.
HYSTERICAL !!!

Yes I found it educational as to how clueless some people can be and how some can be so ridiculous with expectations. I had not really realized the depth of all that before, as to howe totally clueless some adults can be.

I agree with Patti about no sex on the first date.

Also amusing was the millionairess who was a pole dance instructor. She did a pole dance routine for a guy on a first date which sent him reeling. She was a complete nut. Rich or poor, people can be complete nuts.

That Zargof guy from Texas,,, his momma coming to help him pick a woman and he then refuses her pick... and then the girl he picked, he slept with and made the girl cry ! LOL LOL LOL !!!
Patti may be a nut, I agree but she is making the money on her drama and books. I find it highly entertaining and look forword to each new show. It IS PURE DRAMA and entertainment !!! hilarious stuff !!!

I'd like to hear her perspective on online dating ! LOL !!!...
 Kitten189
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/17/2011 6:27:08 AM

Also amusing was the millionairess who was a pole dance instructor. She did a pole dance routine for a guy on a first date which sent him reeling. She was a complete nut.

I just watched this episode about half an hour ago.....and,the other millionaire was a guy who picked his date up at 7am and took her to do some boxing with a female PROFESSIONAL boxer. Seriously,WTF ??
And he wondered why she didnt want a second date
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/11/2013 11:37:49 AM
Actually I just read a item, that Patti Stanger met her latest squeeze on POF.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 1:48:42 PM
^^^
Was he a millionaire?
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 2:10:16 PM
I remember seeing her here and I messaged her, said "Patti what the heck are you doing here?"...she didn't message back, but she did view my profile, weird shtuff.....
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/11/2013 3:12:39 PM
Sometimes it's on when I am on lunch break at work - it's pretty entertaining. I like Patti but I always wonder if her female assistant ever looks in the mirror because of that weird thing she has going on with her bangs. I like the color, but it looks like a stuffed purple sock plastered to her hairline .
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/11/2013 8:55:54 PM
Odd, she runs a service for millionaire's, is probably a millionaire herself, but is on a free dating site? I wonder if they comp'd her like she does for the guys on her show?
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:26:57 AM
Watched the latest episode, she matched up Denise Richards dad, he's 61. Anyways it really seemed to go nice. I think its a good episode to watch for a woman in her late 40s, and same for a man in that age range. Actually kinda had a tear in my eye as it played out.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:53:09 AM
One of my favorite shows ... very entertaining. I especially love when one of those tools pisses her off. That woman can go from sweet to b*tch in 2.5 seconds lol

Some of those millionaires are so unattractive -- physically and personality-wise -- it wouldn't matter to me how much money they have. I wouldn't date them either.
 serenityCW
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2013 12:37:50 AM
tonite on tv, she explained that she finally met her man 8--9 months ago. where? on plenty of fish:)

too too funny! she has mentioned match and that dating service for older people. this is the first time she has mentioned pof. i wonder if she gets paid for all this "advertising". she does say meeting someone online or via someone who referred an online contact is one of the best ways to meet.

as for her personality? she's a forthright new yorker. a lot of that is humor, but does offend people here in CA. as a new yorker, my retort is here they prefer to say things "behind" your back.

i also think she adds the insults for the tv audience. being blunt does not mean you have to been mean or demeaning. if you saw her on her own dates last year, she became a shy sweet girl. the difference between business and personal life pretty much makes sense to me. then again, i'm a new yorker. but, my boyfriend will attest that underneath my big mouth is someone quite "yin". i bet it is the same for her. also, i am not in the reality tv world either, having to pump up my ratings with a whole lot of nonesense.

well, not only do i get a kick out of her show, but so does my boyfriend and he's the geeky type and from the midwest!
 DDebbbie
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:19:37 PM
I saw her last night too, serenitycw! She was on Bravo doing a valentine special and said she met her current boyfriend of 9 months on POF. I guess there is hope on here after all. :)
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:47:01 PM
she is spot on w/ her advice...

all of us can learn from her show!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/13/2013 6:02:23 PM

she is spot on w/ her advice...

all of us can learn from her show!

Good point as we can all learn regardless how stupid you are or what stupid things you may say, there are people out there that will believe your bullsh*t.

Seriously, Patti Stanger is a first class idiot who regularly gives bogus advice as she is basically an expert without any expertise, as whether it is her brilliant quips about gay men or Jewish people, this tool keeps proving that she is as smart as a post.
 serenityCW
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 1:44:45 AM
of course her advice is bogus. that is what makes her funny! but, you do need ny /nj humor to get it. i'm jewish and take no offense. she offers a stereotype which sadly does existn back east among "some". but, not sure she "is" the stereotype snf probably that is why she has so much trouble settling down. kind of like marilyn monroe acting stupid.

all in all, i can't stand the drinking promoted by andy's after show and do find most of these reality shows stupid. but then again, so was abbot and costello. i just need some some comic relief with being single nowadays. and given the horror of the world condition.

as for her gay comments, she says then as if she belongs. like my kids who are of color tell jewish jokes. i tell them be careful, others who don't know our family, will think you are out of line. my gay mail friends think she is funny (and stupid), but she does tick off my lesbian friends. where i live in santa cruz, it is the total opposite of southern ca, but you notice she does not fix up lesbian women, short of the one who was questioning. so, i alternate between ncis, criminal minds, patty type shows here and there and msnbc. for the rest, i read the papers and venture into real world. occasionally, we need some bizarre relief!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > dating show, matchmaker millionaire