Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > User has private images VS. No image VS. image      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crayonmaster
Msg: 1
User has private images VS. No image VS. imagePage 1 of 1    
Hi all.
Just curious if anyone is reading the Quebec forum #1, we're 3rd to last behind PEI and NWFLD...voyons donc!

So what's your message ratio related to images?

User has private images - would you send a message or skip?

No image - profile is great, but we're visual creatures...would you send a message?

image - a picture tells a 1000 words, but does it make you NOT message?

happy fishing!
 pomolive
Msg: 2
User has private images VS. No image VS. image
Posted: 12/22/2011 6:15:06 PM
FOR MYSELF I DON'T REALLY CARE IF HE HAS A PICTURE OR NOT ,IF THE CONVERSATION FLOWS THATS ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE BEGINNING, IN TIME SURE I WOULD WANT TO SEE A PICTURE OF WHOM I'VE BEEN TALKING TOO. BUT SEEING HIS PICTURE IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING ,IF OUR CONVERSATIONS HAVE BEEN GREAT...
 crayonmaster
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/23/2011 7:31:59 AM
thanks pomolive !

So those conversations you mentioned, did they start with you sending a message to a profile with no images or perhaps with private images?

That's the discussion I was having with other POF'ers offline from the forums.

I do tend to skip over the no image or private image profiles.
When I read the About Me or Interests sections, and they are really enticing, I'm still more likely to skip over the profiles.
I guess I'm more comfortable in visually seeing the person, just to know that I might be interested in going that extra step of initating a conversation by sending a message.
 pomolive
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/23/2011 7:43:32 AM
I so rarely send out e-mails. I wait on e-mails sent to me and I reply to them all, either way picture or no picture.thats the polite, honest way to be.
 crayonmaster
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:06:28 AM
My profile is set up to accept messages from profiles without images, but there is an option to restrict any messages from profiles with out images.
I thought about turning it on but then I thought about if I were to like the person on paper only, why dismiss them, right?
The thing is, I am motivated to send new messages to profiles with images that I also like what they wrote in the their profile.

Oh and I definitely don't always reply to messages I get and I don't think it's impolite to just delete. A recent message I got was from a lady who is a non-smoker profile and on her about me, she explains that she smokes joints at night to relax...give me a break!
I am pretty clear about smokers on my profile, that's a deal breaker for me, big turn off.

Happy Holidays pomolive!
 pomolive
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:38:15 AM
I haven't a clue how my profile is set up. I don't think I have any sort of restrictions on picture or no picture...If the person takes the time to send me an e-mail, the very least that I can do is reply......postively or negatively.....!.

Merry Christmas
 ned_c
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/21/2012 10:59:53 AM
thats where males and females differ. vastly.
we are visual creatures.

im having this debacle myself. i want to see photos, but then, if i ask for photos and im not attracted to the girl
ill feel bad for blanking her. im hardly going to say, sorry, but i dont find you attractive

though in essence thats what i am saying by blanking her.

so.

to message or not to message...
 stark_industries
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/7/2012 6:20:11 PM
no picture = not taking this seriously. I don't care about looks (at all) but if someone doesnt put one up or refuses to show one than I loose interest. Also, I find you can tell a lot about a person by their picture (i.e. if their smiling or holding booze...those things influence me)
 Biker1967
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:15:50 PM
I hate seeing myself on a picture, does not meen I don`t look good, some people also judge too fast, I know for one people judge too fast by looks, sometimes just because they fell intimidated by what transpires from the looks of the person.

Just my 2 cents
 Mountain_Cat2
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2012 7:36:48 AM
Hello , to me I find it not so credible profile when there is no picture and what is the purpose of being on a dating site without posting your picture , this is not a beauty contest but it is being up front about the real motives for being here , i personally think everyone should have a picture of themself , alot of times the ones not posting pictures are just playing their games in here and wasting people time and theirs!
 MusicFred
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2012 8:49:38 AM
I once dated a girl who had no profile pic, because she was a high visibility professionnal and didn't want her customers/co-workers seeing her on here (I didnt really ask her why, to each his own).

I think I waited for a week and 6-7 back and forth messages before asking for a picture, and I was pleasantly surprised !

We saw each other for 9 months, then it went to shit but that's another story :p

Nowadays if someone writes me without a pic, I will reply but ask for a pic (or at least WHY that person has no pic)
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/25/2012 9:28:06 AM
I can understand some ladies wanting to be careful about posting photos on a public site. If one is sent along with a message, that's ok with me...
:-))
 Mountain_Cat2
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/25/2012 10:00:12 AM
Seems though with my experience in here in mtl area anyways ,lots of men who dont post a picture are not real and genuine profiles, hey we are adult ,i fugure everyone should assume being on a dating site and even if it means everyone finds out ... what is so unprofessional about being on a dating site , this is the modern day way of finding love ,which ever their own definition of love that is ; i call it each their own appropriate love !
 SimpleMat
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:31:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I agree it's a good question to ask why is there no picture.
But then, if there is a picture it doesn't mean it's gonna click.

I said that in another thread, to be in a relationship, it's important to be attracted by the other one, if I do not find a girl beautiful, how will I make her feel beautifull ?

And if I don't, how would she feel ?

Some people can feel the connexion through the intellect only, personnaly I need it to be both in the personnality, in the intelligence and in the body.

But eh, It is only to be polite to answer to someone who wrote you a decent email, isn'it ?
It's better to be told straight ahead "not interested, sorry", then to be ignored.

All of this being said, and since we're talking about pictures, people, please, do not post a photo of you with your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. It's depressing, if you're up for a new relationship, maybe it's not for the best to present you by a relic of the last one... Who would like to feel like the replacing plan ?

Somebody might want to date you, but nobody not your ex and certainly not you thinking about your ex.

Just speaking my mind, ^_^
 Commonsens
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:22:28 PM
(yup guess who's back..but as a simple member now)

Pictures, privates, no pics....Its about reciprocity and politeness first.

- You do have public images on your profile, Perfect!! do they date of THIS decade, is the question! If your pictures are more than 2-3 years old...insert the date; otherwise you are deceptive and shooting yourself in the foot the second the person first see you in the flesh.

- You have private images and you message some who display her/his picture publicly? the decent thing to do is to include one of your private image in the message. Not doing so is a flag of either lacking in politeness and proper education...or you have something to hide...again you are shooting yourself in the foot.

- You have private images and you message someone who do not display pictures (having none or private), negotiate that both exchange pics after few message; reciprocity and knowing "what's what".

- You have no image at all? Either you been living in a cave..or have something to hide, including that you're not serious...its a big red flag for many.
 Fezuke_Kimachi
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:29:33 PM
It irritates me 50 times more to see a profile with only one sentence in the description, than having no pictures. And the worst of all, is both.
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > User has private images VS. No image VS. image