Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The best and worst line I have ever heard...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mauraya67
Msg: 1
The best and worst line I have ever heard...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I've been on POF for a while now and although I often read the forums, I don't often post. Today I feel I must. I've been dating on and off over the past few years and have heard many different 'lines' that I found funny, cute, strange and sometimes downright insulting. The one I got recently from a guy on a first date literally made me speechless for a few seconds, and I just have to share it. We were standing next to each other and making small talk when he leaned in close, put his hand on my waist, looked into my eyes and said 'Let's get sex out of the way right now so we can relieve the tension and won't be distracted while getting to know each other. My car is outside and it's still warm'.

I have to say that at least it was an original line, and for now will go down in my book as the grand-daddy of them all! Have any of you ever been struck temporarily mute by someone's 'line'?

Oh, and Happy Holidays to one and all!
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
The best and worst line I have ever heard...
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:21:44 PM
said 'Let's get sex out of the way right now so we can relieve the tension and won't be distracted while getting to know each other. My car is outside and it's still warm'.

Inquiring minds would like to know, DID it work??

I think that was originally a line from a Woody Allen movie, and it was a "kiss" instead..
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:21:48 PM
SO, did the line work?
 mogrl42
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:28:40 PM
Gosh guys,she doesn`t kiss and tell !
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:34:37 PM

The one I got recently from a guy on a first date literally made me speechless for a few seconds, and I just have to share it. We were standing next to each other and making small talk when he leaned in close, put his hand on my waist, looked into my eyes and said 'Let's get sex out of the way right now so we can relieve the tension and won't be distracted while getting to know each other. My car is outside and it's still warm'.

LMAO! And oddly enough, there's another post on here somewhere with a guy telling a woman "my car is still warm," too. Must be making the rounds now that winter is upon us.

It's been too long for me to remember most of the lines I got in my "glory" days, but the one I got the most was, "You know what they say: men like blondes, they marry brunettes, and the red-head is always the other woman. . ." Always said, of course, by some sleazy, traveling salesman type who was at LEAST 10 years older than me, with this "oh, baby, I know you can't resist this sexy look I'm giving you!" kind of look that made me want to laugh and puke at the same time.
 Mauraya67
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:36:33 PM
Oh GOD no it didn't work lol. In fact after the moment of silence, I laughed until my stomach hurt. He was insulted. I maybe shouldn't have laughed but I really did think it was funny. The date pretty much ended there, because he stalked over to the bar, sat down and refused to say anything. After about a half hour of his pouting I left.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:39:05 PM
that ain't so bad...

I told a girl once, "hey, its early...let go ahead and go back to my place and screw now, that way - we won't be tired at the end of the night while trying to screw- AND we can come back to the club so ur friends won't ever know we left together.."""
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:52:27 PM
I think it is funny that anyone thought it had a chance of working! I'd have laughed that hard, too--and although I can't remember the line, I know I did the same thing once, and the guy got insulted, at which point I realized (a) he wasn't joking; and (b) what a dweeb to think I'd fall for such a dumb line! I think you were generous to give him 1/2 an hour before you left!
 MrFication
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 10:14:57 PM
A buddy of mine while in the military used the following at a nightclub outside of base.
"You might as well f**k me, because I'm going to tell everybody you did anyways."
She agreed and headed out to the parking lot, where they got in the car. He couldn't keep his mouth shut. As she was starting to undo his belt. He said,"Prepare to see the world's smallest penis." She got out of the car and went back inside. He came back in and was complaining about how all women were b*****s/w****s/s***s.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/23/2011 11:00:35 PM
O P- well ,,,,, it worked on you did it NOT ??
 Glenoran1
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/23/2011 11:38:01 PM
Maybe it's just me, but when I was younger and did have the odd (literally) fellow hitting on me, I was hugely offended if he tried to use a 'line'. To me, it's a major insult for a man to think that a sentence -- no matter how supposedly clever -- would cause any woman with morals and/or intelligence to mate with him.

I still would be hard-pressed to not be extremely rude in my reply.
 Kitten189
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/24/2011 3:19:45 AM
Gawd.
I would've left him right then and there for being unfunny and totally classless.

MikeWM
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 4:13:24 AM
Not exactly sure if you could call this a "line" as such

But I've had a few occasions over the years where women have thought they were being "obvious" about their aims or intentions but to me they havent been any more flirtacious, jokey or suggestive than some of my platonic female friends so I've had

"Ok, I'm about to give up as I draw the line at walking around naked holding up a come and get it placard"

and my favourite one was

"Are you actually going to f*ck me or what?"

(hinting ISNT a valid form of communication)

In my late teens I was in a club with a friend standing by the dance floor argueing about which of the women dancing were or werent wearing underwear (we were teenager so ) and a woman we had noticed in the middle of the dancefloor walked towards us.

As she passed me she spoke in my ear (well shouted would be more acurate being a club and all)

"The answer to your first question is no, I'm not wearing any. And the answer to your second question is I'll have a vodka and coke with ice please"

Annoyingly though I completely forgot to ask how she knew what we had been talking about before she left the next morning and we didnt exchange phone numbers so to this day its always been a mystery

Although I think her being able to lip read is a very likely candidate
 Walts
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 5:06:00 AM
Some guys use the "lines" cause some women "accept" those lines. Therefore, it seems, there is always a chance they work. Thus, they try,and really, can ya blame a guy for trying??????
 Portlanderr
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/24/2011 5:38:10 AM
Long time ago I met a guy at a party, he very openly looked me up and down, said to me, "Want to go upstairs, get naked?"

So I stepped back, looked him up and down, laughed, and said sarcastically, "With you"? Turned around and walked away.
 rec_diver
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:15:58 AM
I typically start my first dates like this:

I'll say "hello", I'll introduce myself, then as she watches me I'll slowly stick my finger in my mouth, get it full of saliva and then sort of touch it to her shoulder, preferrably leaving a moist trail behind it.. and say "Let's get you out of these wet clothes!"

That one hasn't worked yet either
 windchymes
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:28:02 AM
Okay, I'm hard to skeeve out, but that skeeved me out, lol
 Munkeechi
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:38:23 AM
oh wow OP! That one was a doozy!!

I've been here for about 6 years so I've seen it all.

All the way from "Hey would you like to get into your sexiest pair of high heels and then walk across my back?"

I got this one last week while waiting at the post office. A man about probably 50 was stocking the shelves and walked past me and gave me that tried and true line "So did you hurt yourself when you fell from heaven?" (I'm on crutches) I gagged inside and then said "Yeah you should see the guy I landed on though!"

I remember one guy on here telling me his tongue was forked and oh the things he could do to me with it. I told him he was hissssstory.

Man I wish I could remember them all.. there's been some seriously laughable ones!
 windchymes
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:06:54 AM
I just remembered one......this "Guido" type that I used to work with, was a flirt, no biggie, I'd flirt back, we'd laugh. Then one day, he walked up behind me and whispered in my ear, "Just think about it sliding in......"

Ew.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:47:40 AM
Best
God it is dull here, you want to get the F*ck out ?
never tried it in english, but it is appropriately dangerous and successful in Russian.
Worst
Not if you were the last man on the planet, and I was out of batteries.
I never even got a hello out to her .
 MikeWM
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:52:01 AM
One I do admit to having used in my "youth" with some reasonable results was

"Do you come here often.....or has somebody spilt a drink?"

That tends to figure out fairly quickly a) whether a woman has a similar sense of humour and b) whether shes a bit "prim"
 rec_diver
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:03:30 AM
I don't get it.

Messages this short may not be posted
 Paderic
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:15:56 AM

Oh GOD no it didn't work lol. In fact after the moment of silence, I laughed until my stomach hurt. He was insulted. I maybe shouldn't have laughed but I really did think it was funny. The date pretty much ended there, because he stalked over to the bar, sat down and refused to say anything. After about a half hour of his pouting I left.

I think laughter was the appropriate response.
 --Zen--
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:27:18 AM
Most typical I hear is 'Do I know you from somewhere?' Girls just think this is epitome of subtly.
Most annoying is 'Where you from?'
and best one I've got 'We've got same shoe size. Wanna trade?'
 ohenryx
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:54:17 AM

Zen:
Most typical I hear is 'Do I know you from somewhere?'

Reminds me of once when I used that line, but not intended as a line. I was in the gym, and there was a woman who looked remarkably like someone I had worked with 20 years earlier, at Gulf Oil (the giant corporation, long since swallowed up by another giant oil company).

I walked up, said something like, "Pardon me, I think I know you. Didn't you use to work at Gulf?"

She gave me a strange look, and replied "No, I've never worked at a gas station." I tucked my tail and ran away, obviously she had never worked for Gulf Oil Corporation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The best and worst line I have ever heard...