Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Someone is using my photo      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Highlands60
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Someone is using my photoPage 1 of 1    
I joined this site a couple days ago. Within 24 hours someone had taken my photo and put it up as their own. I sent this person a message asking they take my photo down. I also reported this user and have sent an email to the pof helpdesk reporting that someone was using my photo. So far nothing has happened. That user's profile (with my photo) is still up. Can any of the moderators help me?

I've also since taken down my photos to avoid something like this happening again.

Thanks.

Near the top of this HELP forum, you'll see the following thread

ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Click HERE FIRST

After you click on it, go to the How To Report A User Section

Abby156
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Someone is using my photo
Posted: 12/31/2011 5:05:21 PM
How did you come across your photo on anothers profile?
 Highlands60
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2011 5:12:14 PM
Someone else came across it and sent me the link.
 Holly63
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2011 5:53:08 PM
You did well to report the user and contact the "Help Desk. " Give it a little more time and one of the Mods will be along shortly to help you.

Same thing happenned to my daughter on FaceBook. It was a sheer fluke that she saw her own photo and was horrified.

Happy New Year to you. xx
 Highlands60
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 5:03:38 PM
Still nothing. Does anyone know how long it takes for something to happen after a user is reported? It's going on two days now.
 Highlands60
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 2:24:01 PM
It appears the bogus profile has been removed. My faith in POF customer service has been restored. THANK YOU!
 Holly63
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:06:47 PM
Glad its been removed!!

My daughter contacted FB Help regarding her own stolen photo and soon found the bogus profile had been taken down. How did she know? She added the other user as a FB friend. The other user accepted and obviously panicked. lol.
 Dudzz
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:13:48 PM
Hi, sorry to bump this but im in a similar situation, someone using my pictures on their profile.

How do i go about reporting/getting this profile taken down? This is really quite annoying

Near the top of this HELP forum, you'll see the following thread

ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Click HERE FIRST

After you click on it, go to the How To Report A User Section

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:16:09 PM

How do i go about reporting/getting this profile taken down? This is really quite annoying

You use the report button at the bottom of the offenders profile.

That said, if someone is using your pictures the system will probably delete both yours and the ones they are using as shirtless pictures are not allowed.
 Kirkby-Kid
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/9/2012 5:10:23 AM
This has also happened to me, I have just logged on and found an old photo from a previous account that I closed down a while back.

I have contact POF to have a look at and Ive also messaged this person calling them all kinds, Sorry but I couldnt help it, Im very worried about this!!!
 Kirkby-Kid
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/9/2012 1:29:20 PM
This has just happened to me and Im worried about it.

Whoever it is has upgraded their account so must be paying for it so POF must have this persons personal details and ask them to stop.

I have contact POF and I am still waiting for a reply to the problem.

I have contacted the person and the messages back from them confirm that they are pretending to be me so why the wait for POF to take action against this person and close the account down.
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2012 4:00:39 PM
You need patience! You can't keep posting your problem on multiple threads, it won't make a solution happen quicker.

Smexi
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/9/2012 7:08:16 PM

This has just happened to me and Im worried about it.

Whoever it is has upgraded their account so must be paying for it so POF must have this persons personal details and ask them to stop.

I have contact POF and I am still waiting for a reply to the problem.

I have contacted the person and the messages back from them confirm that they are pretending to be me so why the wait for POF to take action against this person and close the account down.

Although we can all empathize with your situation, you were informed by one of the Moderators in another thread, that the office is not open over the weekend. This is effectively a self-help site and the Moderators do not have access to deleted or remove profiles. They are responsible for moderating the forums not the system. They do not have a 'fast track route' of contacting the owner or the staff. They have exactly the same methods of contacts that you and I do.

Even when POF staff get to your message among the 1000's they likely receive every day, they will need to validate your claim in some way. Just because you claim to be the owner of these photos, they cannot take your word for it. How are they to know that the other account isn't the real person in the photos and that you didn't copy them ? How do they know who the rightful owner is ?

If I were in your position, I would consider how I can prove my statements so that when this is dealt with, the POF staff have all the information they need to take action. If you have a FB account which shows these photos and others which have not been stolen, consider including a link to the album when you contact them. Perhaps you have some official ID which has your photo on, can you scan it and include that too ? (not your NS number as you are in the UK and not something which the details could be used for ID theft). I would also report the user via their profile too. I don't know which route would result in a faster response so why not cover both bases ?

To report via their profile :-
> Go to the profile of the user you wish to report
> Scroll down to the bottom (or hit the END key)
> At the very bottom of the screen in blue text, you will see the words 'Report User'. Click on the Text.
> You will see a screen with the following warning at the top 'ATTENTION! You can only report users based on the content of their Plentyoffish profile. Reporting users because you don't like them or have silly disputes with them will result in your account being deleted.
> If you wish to proceed, scroll down to the list of reasons for reporting. Choose the most appropriate one.
> Next, from the drop down list, select what you think should be the result of this report
> And then fill in the text box headed Additional Comments. Make sure that you include your evidence here too. Explain that they are your photos and provide links to all the proof you can that your statements are true.
> Remember to Click on the SUBMIT button in order that it is saved.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Someone is using my photo