Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > no profile pictures!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 samaa1969
Msg: 1
view profile
History
no profile pictures!! Page 1 of 1    
i have written on my profile" please do not send me an email. with no profile pic!"..and the amount of men that do it..its making me reply and tell them to get a picture!! i end up getting really annoyed..there shud be a way of screening profiles with no picture, for the sake of my health..gonna need anger management soon!! (if there is please direct me in that direction)
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 1/9/2012 10:19:31 AM
it used to be at the top of mail settings. I have looked 3 times and I dont see it anymore. Unless this is a cache/internet temp files problem. I hope its not removed as that would not be good. Can you actually see this still? I know it used to be there. I had it set!

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/just_a_cowboy666/one.jpg

Cowboy
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 1/9/2012 10:35:33 AM

Don't recall it near the top to be honest - it's been at the bottom of the mail settings page for quite some time - last option just above the Update Mail Settings button.

THANK YOU ! I was worried. (long sigh...)

Cowboy
 samaa1969
Msg: 4
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:02:02 PM
thanx guys. ive sorted it now..profile edited...sanity regained!! x
 samaa1969
Msg: 5
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:38:08 AM
ok im back..did the edit thing..and still getting guys over 50..and profiles with no pictures.... ahhhh..need therapy!!thort they couldnt post u once u did ya settings .
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 6
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:01:29 AM
@ samaa1969
ok im back..did the edit thing..and still getting guys over 50..and profiles with no pictures.... ahhhh..need therapy!!thort they couldnt post u once u did ya settings .

The Mail settings you have should stop those without a photo or those who are over your preferred age limit from initiating contact. However, sneaky people will always find ways of acting sneaky.

It may be that those who are managing to get through your photo requirement are uploading a photo in order to send the message. Once it has been sent, they can then remove the photo so it is not there when you sign in and read the content of your Inbox. Feel free to simply delete those messages without reading them as you have received a huge clue about the core values of the sender.

With regards to the age restrictions - that's harder to work around as once an account is set up, that field is only editable for a short window of time - after which they are stuck with the DOB they entered. It's not a field which they can constantly amend to work around your mail settings.

One other thing to consider is that Mail Settings are only applied for the very first message sent so anyone who you are already in contact with will not be restricted by any revisions you make to your settings.

Finally, when you initiate contact with someone outside your parameters, they will be able to respond. The presumption being that their age/lack of photo was not a concern when you reached out to them and therefore should not be a concern later on either.

Mail settings are only considered for the RECIPIENT of a FIRST CONTACT message. Once contact is established with another user, Mail Restrictions are irrelevant.
 alexbrod
Msg: 7
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 3/8/2013 2:10:32 PM
Yep, I do get that.

I just dont reply to them, end of. Its my biggest bugbear.

Just had look at your profile Samaa1969, loved your comment re men not sending you a pic due to various reasons. Pure CLASS! :o)
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 8
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 8/27/2013 3:41:55 AM
I have it edited as well. What is even more annoying is that women with no pic just add me as favorite. I hate it. I will not converse with anyone that does not have a pic.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 9
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 8/27/2013 7:24:33 AM

then remove her from your list and get over it
there are plenty of men on here that would love to be plagued with your problem.

lovableladywanted
Msg: 10
view profile
History
no profile pictures!!
Posted: 1/1/2014 3:50:15 PM
I just read a profile and the lady actually was angry on her profile about people wanting to see her pics. WTF? I notice the people that do not have pics try and turn it around that we are the bad people for wanting to see pics. This particular lady compared it to seeing her ss number. Really? These picless people need to get over themselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > no profile pictures!!