Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Should Scotland vote yes for independance ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should Scotland vote yes for independance ? Page 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
My own personal opinion has always been that they should and I would welcome the breakup of the UK. Do others have an opinion either way?........

Be advised, that the next contestants to throw generalized/personal troll baits/insults/off topic nonsense out there, and anyone who responds in kind will sit it out for a considerable time. This is now getting tedious to keep revisiting.
Should Scotland vote yes for independance ?
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:31:17 AM
I'd rather vote for English independence!
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:36:17 AM
I'm happy to be independent,and for the Scots to be independent, as long as the English government is no longer looked to for financial support.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:44:10 AM
nope. why would we want to be dictated to from brussels?

i see no point in the break up of the uk other than all our nations
will be railroaded into the federal europe super state.

the break up of the uk will be the start of the process. however i dont
think scottish mp's should be allowed to vote on english issues.

thats the labour party donald ducked then eh?

not for one second do i trust the toad of toad hall lookalike alex salmond
(and not just because he supports our city rivals the jam tarts, although maybe
just a wee bit)

everything they have done up here has went waaayyy over budget so to
run a country?

na.

edinburgh, scottish, british. all the one thing to me

my dad fought alongside lads from all over the uk. if he thought
we were one and the same then thats good enough for me
 chillicat
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:48:50 AM
fecking right they should.i dont blame them for wanting to break away from this country and go it alone.this country is a mess and they would be better off out of it.i wish we had a prime minister similar to alex salmond who puts his own people first.i dont know how successful they will be as a independent country.? but at least they wont have to live under our pc police state laws anymore.
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:16:58 AM
yes a free scotland vlad dracul at least or toad is better than mr david cameron and nick clegg omg there muppets
 Nutty_Bat
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:18:58 AM
I also agree that they should break away from the UK ....Why should the UK laws ruin scotland like it has done with the UK .....I think wales should break away too and it would serve the uk right if they did ....But scotland should pay back the money they owe to the uk before they go ..
 Norsewind1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:22:16 AM
Alex Salmon knows well that there is no chance for him to win this referendum, and he is trying to word the referendum so Scotland will get more powers, a sort face saving thing.... the nasty toffy nosed wozzies in London want to have a referendum where only a simple yes or no should be the question ..so this will get interesting.

In my view, no they should not break the union up
 badge73
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:23:42 AM
The people of England should get a vote as well but the government wouldnt want that as no doubt a very large majority would say yes to an independent Scotland. Should be quite funny watching the Scottish shrek explain why there will be no more free pescriptions and university
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:25:10 AM
yeah ok badge watever
 pauline2012
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:31:52 AM
I would think there probably still be free prescriptions. Btw university isn't free up here, Scots students in certain circumstances don't pay tuition fees, that certainly doesn't mean free university.

I think a lot of people think that Scotland gives nothing to the UK economy at the moment. Depending on what set of figures you believe that can be disupted.

To be honest as I've never known what Scottish independence is like I can't really comment. I don't vote SNP and lots of Scots people don't.

We will only know whether as a nation we will be better off or worse off after it happens.

Its not Scots people's fault that we are currently part of the UK and it's not anyone elses fault either. I'll personally make a decision on voting if and when it ever happens.
 Maltesers46
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:46:44 AM
I can see this leading to major arguments this thread

Now correct me if i am wrong and i am sure some of you will but my comprehension of this is that

The United Kingdom can only exist if England Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of it so if Scotland and Wales left there wouldnt be a UK it would be Britain would it not

replies on a post card please
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:57:15 AM
The United Kingdom can only exist if England Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of it so if Scotland and Wales left there wouldnt be a UK it would be Britain would it not

A very {little britain }sorry malty couldnt help myself
 Maltesers46
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:59:28 AM
Britain is the island we all live on so there wouldnt be a united kingdom it would be just england scotland wales and ireland i think
 Ffrin
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:00:08 AM

With great respect, although you are right that the United Kingdom can only exist if England, Wales, Scotland and maybe Northern Ireland are part of it, if Scotland and Wales left, only England would be left because Britain refers to the island on which England, Scotland and Wales exist.

OT, I'd vote for independence for Scotland, and Wales, and England. And Yorkshire. And Skipton. And my flat. Ideally, I'd vote for no government at all - I bet we'd only notice the huge savings - but I realise that anarchy is just a Utopian dream ... sadly.
 Nutty_Bat
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:00:13 AM

A very {little britain }sorry malty couldnt help myself

Lmao i doubt we would be called britain more like dumping ground
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:02:37 AM
Im going in charge of the gas electric and oil i like the hi grounds . Dont worry i will sell you it for a good price . The water to we sell you to support ourselfs
 Maltesers46
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:05:40 AM
and Bambi dont forget the Irn bru Haggis plain bread and the square sausage

have i forgotten anything
 Netgeek_UK
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:07:03 AM

The United Kingdom can only exist if England Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland are part of it so if Scotland and Wales left there wouldnt be a UK it would be Britain would it not.

Britain = England + Wales + Scotland

United Kingdom = All of the above + Northern Ireland

The number of British people who dont understand this is and

Seriously people look at the front of your pasports.
 pauline2012
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:07:06 AM
I think I'll take charge of wine, tablet, dundee cake, tattie scones, clootie dumpling and shortbread. Fritters as well. Mothers pride loaves and well fired roll.
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:08:38 AM
yes the dumplings mortins rolls and deep fryed mars bars . The barras im privatising well my dad was a rag man in his younger days before the coal and had barras stalls so im going back to my hawker roots .
potatoe scones they never give me them in my breakfast hash browns i get shortbread .

pauline strip to the waist wumen this uis fight talk lol i posted at same time same stuff lol

can i be in charge of the washing lines you can have the buckfast neds malty im kind

free scotlands irn bru and mothers pride loafs right now you lot
 pauline2012
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:09:37 AM
Someone else can take charge of the neds and the buckfast

Britain and Great Britain aren't the same thing btw

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/britain/britain.htm
 Maltesers46
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:13:27 AM
hey if we break away the monks arent getting to send any of their tonic wine up here they can keep it
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:19:13 AM
Freedom for a tatty scones and irn bru freedom for clotty dumplings . MORTONS roll in tatty scones omg heaven yip freedom for scotland as wee are made in scotland buy girders or girdles if we tan to much brew lol
 zendy
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:03:28 PM

United Kingdom = All of the above + Northern Ireland

I dont think you know what you're talking about. when did Northern Ireland become a Kingdom?

What you should have said is,United Kingdom+Ireland.The = sign shouldnt be there.

One thing I know is that if the Scots dont vote for their independence in referendum,they wont get that chnce again in generation.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Should Scotland vote yes for independance ?