Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men and feminine hygiene standards      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fromtheheadofzeus
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Men and feminine hygiene standardsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
A quick question:

I was at a relative's home over the holidays. My cousin's husband is somewhat outspoken and a little bit of a jerk, but he is also quite brutally honest. We were watching television when a tampon commercial came on, and my cousin remarked that she hated how cheery such commercials were given the reality of women's periods. Her husband then said that he didn't know about that but that he would never have dated her if he had not looked in her medicine cabinet early on in their courtship and saw the following:

Tampons
Feminine cleansing wipes

When she got angry that he'd looked at all he said to not be fooled. All men look in a woman's medicine cabinet when they think about getting serious and they are looking for those two things in specific. He said that tampons show that a woman is still of childbearing age and that feminine wipes show that she knows it takes "more than toilet paper" to get things really clean, and that a woman who does not know that is lax in her hygienic habits.

One of his brothers later came over, my cousin's husband repeated the conversation to him, and he didn't necessarily agree on the tampons but he said that yes, he looks to see if the woman has "baby wipes or something" because he needs things daisy fresh.

I didn't even know men even knew about feminine wipes, much less that they check for them. Is this really a "thing" or were these two very strange men? Would you not date a woman if she did not have tampons or feminine wipes in her medicine cabinet? Women, have you ever had this brought up to you by an SO?
 c_deacon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Men and feminine hygiene standards
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:47:49 AM
I have known women from different cultures over the years and most of them use much more than just toilet paper....yuk They use a cup or bowl of some sort filled with water to clean themselves after using the toilet.

What a difference it makes overall, if a woman washes down her privates over just wiping them, and trust me, most of us men can tell the difference...... If you want me down there pleasing you, you better know how to keep it clean fresh and inviting.......just as men need to make sure that their genital area is clean, trimmed, fresh, and inviting as well...............

cd..........
 MaidenKiev
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:50:14 AM
This goes for men and women both. If you men think we cannot tell nasty, we can.

Keep it clean ! Everyone !
 carolann0308
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:03:34 AM
Women are technically of child bearing age between 12-up to 50 these days.
I wonder what he would say about my 74 year old Mother who keeps tampons and pads on hand in case a visitor needs them.

I think the guy is a weirdo.
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:04:31 AM
Ha! If men check those things out, we also notice if they have any flushable wipes for when they leave their business in the toilet.

I have flushable wipes by my toilet for keeping fresh and wiping everything else. What I thought men most looked for is extra toothbrushes against the number of people in the house.

I always kept feminine products, except my feminine cleanser, in my closet.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:09:44 AM
I have never checked for either.

I guess I just give a woman the benefit of the doubt....perhaps I've been wrong ?
 fromtheheadofzeus
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:11:02 AM
All very illuminating posts, thanks!

Lolita LeBron, I agree with you. I even asked him if it didn't make more sense to look for signs that there's another man around. He said that didn't work and that a lot of women use male products like razors (and when he said that, I realized I had used a male razor on occasion because the shave was cleaner) and so forth. He also said men don't need to see deodorant or anything to know that there's another man in the picture. He said while women might need to see lipstick or other signs in the bathroom that a woman is around, men can tell when there's another man in the picture without these "clues." He didn't elaborate.

I agree with the poster that says these guys may just be a little out there.
 MaidenKiev
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:13:37 AM
If there is another man in the house, the woman's behavior is a dead give away. People need to read body language, and stop second guessing products. Anyone can have anything for any reason. Hell I have human products for my Dog under the bathroom sink like certain medication, etc.. :)

Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:18:29 AM
Women using razors proves nothing. A man can always tell if the razor belongs to a man or a woman, hers will be in pastel colors. Also, my son is an adult and he leaves his things in the bathroom, especially his aftershave cologne.

One thing I would say would make them suspicious would be if you do not allow them to come up to your place. I don't let anyone pick me up at my place because if the relationshp is not exclusive, no sense in letting know where you live. I for sure would not want anyone popping up uninvited out of suspicion and because he actually was a psycho.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:35:29 AM
Strange men.

I do not not know any man that would try to look for feminine hygiene products to determine the outcome of a relationship lol.
 rec_diver
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:37:11 AM
I've been known to take a glance inside a woman's medicine cabinet if I'm thinking about seeing her on a more permanent basis but it has nothing to do with tampons or hygiene whatsoever, that thought never even occurred to me.

If I've got concerns, I'm looking for psych meds.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but it's one of those "I like to know about it" type of things.
 MaidenKiev
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:46:08 AM
Rec, this is why I love being in the Pharmacy business. I know what men come in and what Meds they are on....needless to say I will not date any of my patients....LOL

Just ask what people are on, no snooping ! Not that people are honest, but it is easy to tell when people are on medications :)
 rec_diver
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:05:02 AM

MaidenKiev:Rec, this is why I love being in the Pharmacy business. I know what men come in and what Meds they are on....needless to say I will not date any of my patients....LOL

At least you know the guys coming in are TAKING their meds.
 MaidenKiev
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:10:52 AM
Not really. I do not watch them take them, I watch them leave the Pharmacy .

All I know is they pick them up. Most of them I am sure sell them or give them away. They still act psychotic when they come in, which means A) the meds they get do not work. B) they do not take them. LOL
 egowitch
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:24:18 PM
Ah - one of the reasons I love having a guest bathroom ! No one else gets to use mine - but me !

No snooping ... not that they'd have anything to be concerned about anyway .
 Landra2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:29:18 PM

he needs things daisy fresh
Oh geez.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:47:10 PM
i never snooped a medicine cabinet, or a cell phone, or a purse. they're all invasions of privacy that i would resent if done to me.

expect for the purse. i only keep my spare speedloader in there.
 Munkeechi
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:20:33 PM
Seriously? So should we be making sure our guys have some "cottonelle fresh wipes" around so that we know their balls are "daisy fresh"? Give me a break.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:27:08 PM
time to bring back bidets in every household!
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:36:10 PM
too much artificial scents takes away your pheremones
my last lover liked the smell of my...stuff...not lemon scented vajayjay spray, wipes, etc.
besides, i'm an ivory girl
 windchymes
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:36:37 PM
I throw fertilizer on my daisies. So if that's what keeps the daisies fresh, I can oblige.
 m_church
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:46:12 PM

A man can always tell if the razor belongs to a man or a woman, hers will be in pastel colors.

Not always...
I've gotten a few women to try men's razors over the years and ALL of them prefer the shave and to hell with pretty colours....
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 3:32:57 PM
On that...
I don't ask.
don't even want to know.
so don't peek.

It has been my experience....
if she is cute and smells nice with her clothes on,
she will with em off as well.

To pry into how she pulls that off
is just a TMI thing to me.

So never listen to jerks
and their issues with women.
 windchymes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:27:15 PM
If it was up to "them" they'd have us douching with Clorox and spraying ourselves with new car smell....
 rec_diver
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:03:38 PM

maidenkiev : They still act psychotic when they come in, which means A) the meds they get do not work. B) they do not take them. LOL

All good points. Probably a combination of both.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men and feminine hygiene standards