Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Upgrade Profile worth buying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ninjastar123
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Upgrade Profile worth buying?Page 1 of 1    
I was just wondering is it worth it to pay for the upgrade .. for the extra few things you get for your profile?
1. (Show up on meet me first ). --- i can live without that.
2. (Access to Ultra match )---- not to sure what thats about, but sounds like that might be worth it, maybe i can search more with more details as in what im looking for.
3. (See if my e-mail were read or deleted) --- i can live without that which i have been since they took that way. Not a big loss.
4.(See who viewed my profile and voted yes/maybe/no) ----Dont really care who voted my profile or not. If they were interested they would have sent a message.
5.(Massive increase in emails ) --- Not to sure if they should have used the word ''Massive'' that sounds like ''We Promise you'll get more messages''.
6.(Number of people who viewed your profile ''triples'') ------- How can they even say that ? And what if it doesn't triple , do i get my money back?
7.(Use themes on profile) ------ Umm you get those for free after you build up 5000 points , so having a nice background on my profile wont increase my chances . I till get messages without a back ground.
8.(Stand out in all searches.) ---- this one could be worth it.. i would pay for that part.
9.(Send unlimited free gifts on email)---- Gifts ? does a girl care if i send them some kind of smilely that only last like 2-3 weeks on their profile.. would that impress them? i think not.
10.(Earn 100/150/210 credits depending on membership to be used for placing gifts
on profiles.)---- same answer as number 9.
11.(This upgrade more than doubles your chances of meeting someone) ---- Promise?
12.(Check out the hottest girls in your area who respond to messages.) -----Lol at this one .. hottest girls in my area? what if not looking for hott girls and im looking for someone that i can just get along with. Not to sure if they should have added that one . It didnt fool me into buying the membership .

For something that will cost me almost 100 bucks a year to upgrade .. is it really gonna be worth my 100 bucks? I dont see many people have the upgrade . So for the people who have upgraded let me know if it made any different . Seems like a little too much when half of this stuff use to be free.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Upgrade Profile worth buying?
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:51:05 AM
Honestly look.

As far as I am concerned there are a couple slight advantages things you get (the ability to see if they read your message and last online times in inbox)

Two more very useful features. You get 16 pics. Thats why I asked for it. The neatest added feature is you get a new additional viewed me page showing the LAST time someone viewed ya. Which for me is VERY different then the normal viewed me page showing only the FIRST time. So you know if someone is viewing ya often. The old viewed me is almost worthless really.

Do not expect lots more messages. I get 2 to 3 new first contacts here almost every day from women. Didnt change one bit as a paid member. Thats how my profile has run for years here. If you think you're going to get more mail save the money. Put your effort into better profile and pics. Thats what generates more messages here.

If you have use for more pics on your profile then consider doing it. Thats the big plus to me anyway.

I used to send a lot of tequila shots as gifts on replies and with the new message format I see no way to do that now, so thats now almost useless also.

So there are a couple useful things about upgrading. Do NOT think its a magic wand that will generate anymore mail here.

Cowboy
 Crembels
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 5:17:53 AM
Its been a good idea for me. I upgraded because i needed to see if my emails were read or not, i have a specialized messaging technique and this information is useful to me beyond 'oh darn i guess she doesn't want to talk!'

PoF cant promise a 'massive increase in emails'. upgrading your account doesnt automatically mean people will message you, it just means that on the whole you will be more exposed to potential mates.
Its basically just a meaningless marketing buzz, dont put any stock in it.

I feel the main benefit of having an upgraded profile is that is shows your more serious. a guy looking for quick hookups is highly unlikely to buy paid membership on this site, and you could clearly point that out on your profile to those women who read it.

Ultra match is kinda silly. I'm not sure exactly how its picking these supposed 'most compatible' people. but no one i've seen on that have really struck me as being the type that i would message.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:06:16 AM

I feel the main benefit of having an upgraded profile is that is shows your more serious. a guy looking for quick hookups is highly unlikely to buy paid membership on this site,
This was soooo wrong. TONS of the Intimate Encounter guys pay for the upgrade trying to look serious.

Its been a good idea for me. I upgraded because i needed to see if my emails were read or not, i have a specialized messaging technique and this information is useful to me beyond 'oh darn i guess she doesn't want to talk!'
Glad this was important to you with your "specialized messaging technique". Most guys would be much better off deleing their sent messages as soon as they hit send. Because they are gone and nothing matters at that point but a REPLY. Doesnt matter if they

read/delete
read/no reply but not deleted
unread/deleted

Nothing matters here but REPLIES no matter what you think. Replies are based 90 percent on your PICS and PROFILE not your messages. Being online multiple different times a day can get your pic displayed in the top row of pics above your inbox and may well generate more profile views.

And no the upgrade here does not make you look more serious to anyone with an ounce of sense. Your basically paying for what everyone gets for free. Not sure how you think that paints ya in a better light here to anyone sane.

The upgrade is not going to generate any more mail. It will not impact your mail in a positive or negative way unless having 16 pics helps that a little. Some guys on here can have a 100 pics and I swear it would not do a thing for their inbound messages.

I get tons of meet me's. Always have. No way to tell how many as there is a set amount you can get emails from to your email addy as a notifications each day. I think the meet me's are worthless and ignore them anyway so no way to tell if the upgrade hurt or helped in that area.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't recommend paying if your expecting more messages here.

Cowboy
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 9:58:40 AM
I don't have a paid membership, but I thought I'd toss this out there, however silly it sounds (and I'm not sure how many other women feel the same way). I think I'm less likely to respond to someone with a paid membership. It bothers me to think he'll be checking to see when I've read his messages and then waiting for my response. Maybe I read his message in the morning and don't have the time to respond until night, but I don't want that awkwardness of knowing he saw that I read it in the morning and didn't respond. I'd just rather avoid the conversation with him altogether.
 Ninjastar123
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:02:47 AM
hmmmm interesting comments so far.... after 100 views i would think i would get more comments... so, so far i dont plan on buying it... you guys have made some good points ...
 MTJD1990
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/15/2012 1:24:20 PM
Don't upgrade, it's just going to make you look desperate.
 Waynie_Vunderba
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:24:49 PM
What he said ^^^

&

The upgrade is just not worth it. Unless of course you're that anally retentive that you just have to know if your message has been read or deleted, etc.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/15/2012 8:24:51 PM
I dunno, bruh....when you stopped going to Great Clips and started to pay a fancy hairdresser three times the price to cut/style/tint/frost/gel your hair ....

.... DID YOUR LIFE CHANGE? Was it worth it? If so, drop the $$$ and don't look back.

= The first woman you date more than twice will ask you to cancel it anyway... =
 GMK1988
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/15/2012 9:27:35 PM
I did it for a while. Honestly, it's not worth it. The real problem is that your profile has that "badge of shame" on it, and it might give off the impression that you're desperate. Besides that, there are better things that you could spend your money on.
 weirdotool
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:06:15 PM

I think I'm less likely to respond to someone with a paid membership. It bothers me to think he'll be checking to see when I've read his messages and then waiting for my response.

One thing to keep in mind is that paid members have the ability to hide the fact that they are paid members.

I have only been doing the online dating thing for 2-3 weeks but I am casting lines out at all the major sites. I'm paying the membership fee for any of them that give you "more exposure" in one way or another. For example, this site shows paid members first on the "Meet Me" apparently, so any slight amount of exposure I get from more women seeing my profile from that is worth the paltry monthly fee in my opinion. I couldn't care less about the other features.

Part of the problem is that a lot of women don't even bother searching for guys, since they have such a ridiculous avalanche of mail every day. Anything to get more of them to even bother looking at you is worth the money.

Also in terms of female motivation, I suspect that men have it harder in the 18-30 age bracket than do men in their 40s and 50s. I think that is the age where the tables turn a little bit more in the male favor.
 Du1234
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:28:38 AM
Save your money man. This site don’t even have an effective matching mechanism. The success tips were pulled out of someone’s rear end. I’ve have female friends who laughed about what the site says they do and don’t want to hear. It don’t even keep you logged on long enough to write a decent message.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:44:17 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that paid members have the ability to hide the fact that they are paid members.
Wrong. No way to hide it here. It shows on your profile and searches differently when you are upgraded.

good gawd man. You mean to tell me you want a computer to pick your women for ya? (groan) Thanks but no thanks. I can use advanced search and pick out me women just fine. (rolls eyes..) Your on a FREE site. The largest dating site in the world. Larger then the next 4 largest free sites combined last I heard. THATS the draw here. And its 100 percent free to have a profile and message and IM to your hearts desire. No need to pay a dime to find your partner here. Enjoy.

Cowboy
 Frau Chilliknickers
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:14:05 AM
All you women look remarkably masculine.
The only thing worth upgrading is the attitude and strength of a profile, with of course the best pics one can muster up. That doesn't cost a cent to do, and, most often is full proof.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:39:00 AM

All you women look remarkably masculine.
Actually the BEST people to answer this question are probably men with an upgraded profile if you think about it. We know EXACTLY what to expect with an upgrade and the REALISTIC expectations. Just saying...

Cowboy
 weirdotool
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 11:42:59 PM

Wrong. No way to hide it here. It shows on your profile and searches differently when you are upgraded.

The only way I've been able to notice paid members so far is if they have a "badge" on their profile which you can hide. I don't know what searches differently means but if it means that the paid members just show up first, then I would pay for that.
 mrsameer
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 12:13:20 PM
Hi,

I want to hide my profile to one particular person. Can it be possible??

No you can't. In the future if you plan on posting, refrain from introducing an unrelated thread topic to the thread owner's topic (known as thread hijacking - see posted rules). Use the HELP forum.
 4ever4real
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:34:29 PM
i think the only reason a guy gets an upgrade is to have access to more sex.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:24:40 PM
Nope. Don't pay for it. It makes you look desperate and they will not like you ANY MORE FOR DOING IT! There is no real need to see if they read your messages or not. Either they will respond to the message or they won't. Whether they read it or not, if they do not respond then they ain't interested.
 MrsMau5
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:55:59 PM
hell no! to me, that's just being desperate. when i see that in guy's profiles, i don't bother hitting em up if they hit me up. look how the economy is! there's much better things than an online profile upgrade! that's just my opinion!
 pjinmd67
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:00:36 PM
The main advantage appears to be additional exposure, maybe slightly better search funcitons. Then the question is if that would be of enough use to you to be worth it. If you find the site a wash for dating (as I do) then no. But that may differ for some, to increase the advantage in a system that may be already working for them.

The idea that you are somehow more 'desperate' for upgrading to me is an odd inference (though am not disputing that is what people might de facto believe). We are here for similar reasons and advantages around dating (aside from the fora)..to search for, attract, and meet people, not play Tiddly-winks or count Valentines in our box. What might be desperate is believing contrary to past evidence that buying into this site will bring substantially better results, but that is another matter.

For the $100, personally, I'd go for a few months on a well-stocked paid site, where I tend to find a better atmosphere and more serious clientele. Plus that increases the range of prospects in your area who see your profile, and so increases your chances. Not pay to increase exposure to more of the same here. Good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Upgrade Profile worth buying?