Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > POF...recent changes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mustangpistonpopper
Msg: 1
POF...recent changesPage 1 of 1    
I'm sorry guys, but you screwed up with the recent changes. I now have to scroll and scroll and scroll down through a conversation thread......and no instant delete on a message. Why change what worked?
 happybutlonely
Msg: 2
view profile
History
POF...recent changes
Posted: 1/18/2012 3:25:25 PM
agreed. Its awful! and it freezes my computer everytime i try to view a "message." please put it back the way it was! PLEASE. I cant read my messages, or send any. I cant be the only one?
 Falcon91
Msg: 3
POF...recent changes
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:24:21 PM
@poster above that's your RAM on your computer....You need to cut down on your programs you have open.
 janice_is_jj
Msg: 4
put it back!!
Posted: 1/18/2012 6:12:25 PM
wow! if it wasnt broken you shouldnt have fixed it!!

the mail change is horrible!!!

cant block harrassers
CANT instant delete
all the message says is view message &
have to scroll down through every conversation...

PLEASE PUT BACK THE OLD IN BOX THE WAY IT WAS
 fun_guy_555
Msg: 5
put it back!!
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:21:51 PM
i agree what is the point of a subject line when the other person only reads view message it is totaly pointless and you scro;; a;; the way down to read the last message they should atleast implement a accending and decending option in the settings
 MissKittyGalore
Msg: 6
put it back!!
Posted: 1/20/2012 11:02:21 AM
yep, the new version sucks, and doesn't sync with the mobile app either, very annoying!

EVERTOUGHTFUL
Msg: 7
put it back!!
Posted: 1/20/2012 10:20:50 PM
Do not like the new chat forum at all now cannot seem to get on and when I send a message it duplicates itself on the screen but does not reach user. Also do not like the option of not being able to save chat sessesions which you previously could. The changes are not for the better
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 8
view profile
History
POF...recent changes
Posted: 2/19/2012 8:10:57 PM
why can i only see last 10 messages someone sent me...... very annoying if they have told me something and id like to go back and check instead of asking a second time and coming across not interested???

the saying goes if its aint broke dont fix it
 azzureblue
Msg: 9
POF...recent changes
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:33:05 AM
Hmmm........

Again greed rears it's ugly head. Since POF is a private organization there is no need to post accounting details. So, the claim more cash is needed to eliminate ads is unverifiable.

What is verified is that the new changes retard searching and make this site way less effective.

Infact, the changes make it less user friendly and will reduce users on the site andthe time spent on it.

Also, just a note..the meet me feature seem rendered useless....Once selecting a "no" on a profile....this still remains on your "matches" list.......Further have looked at other profiles where "yes" is indicated...looking further, these users havn't been on for year(s)...

Way to go!...take something really great and turn it into a waste of time.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
POF...recent changes
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:22:24 AM

Again greed rears it's ugly head. Since POF is a private organization there is no need to post accounting details. So, the claim more cash is needed to eliminate ads is unverifiable.
LMAO Verify for what reason? you guys are such a joke. This is a privately owned company created to make money.

The owners feel they can make more money by having more PAID members. Even if it risks losing a large percentage of their database. And I would agree with that thought process.

Forget any reason POF coughed up for publicity reasons. This site was created from scratch by Markus and was always meant to MAKE MONEY. He now has the largest dating site in the world. More power to him.

For NOW we can still communicate freely here and thats all you need to meet people.

The VIEWED ME page was the most misunderstood page here. Viewing someone means very little if they dont message you. Now maybe more people will actually send MESSAGES and quit assuming that showing on a viewed me page meant jack zhit. They could of viewed you for 2 seconds and screamed outloud pounding the page back key to escape.

I hate to see things that were once free removed. I would have a team of programmers working 24/7 adding NEW features just for paid members and not remove old features from free members but I dont run this place.

I personally will not miss if they move "meet me" and "my matches" into the paid member category as long as we can still message for free.

Markus will make FAR more money from this site if only 5 percent try the paid membership in the next 60 days even if he lost a TON of the free members.

Cowboy
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 11
view profile
History
POF...recent changes
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:04:39 AM
^^^
Hi cowboy

So its been a while since I first posted here and cant be bothered reading over the other posts again so I apologise if I am speaking out of turn but....

No one here mentioned the ''viewed me'' been for paid memberships and I for one wont miss it (I have mine set to off anyway)

Myself and the people above me were just venting about the new update. I didn't like the new format for storing messages and the way an unread message wouldn't automatically stay at the top (there were a lot of threads about that ''one message'' appearing and mostly it was down to a missed unread message that was half way down your messages)

My thoughts are if its not broke don't fix.

And if this does turn into a paid site I wont pay for dating when I can go my local pub park or even store and talk to men and get a date for FREE. That is just IMO. Everyone is different

smexi
 Timendo
Msg: 12
POF...recent changes
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:43:14 PM
YUP.
I'm deleting my account now lol
 azzureblue
Msg: 13
POF...recent changes
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:45:48 PM
hey Cowboy,

Not one is in dispute the owners of the webiste want to make money. That's a given..

Perhaps you can explain to me (because I just can't wrap my head around it), why would anyone want to eliminate advertising from a website?...The large dollars that ads command, especially from a site that has millions of users could benefit the users. Given there are no mandotory fees to join, what made the website palpable is the ease of navigation and tools available, with the option to elevate the functionality by paying extra.

I would gladly pay to use the site if they hadn't ennacted these last changes that are clearly a cash grab.

Further I agree with you, if I ran the site I would enable programmers to upgrade the system to make it more desireable for users to pay that extra fee ....willingly....

Sorry dude your business analysis in this case doesn't wash..Which makes me wonder why you posted the reply you did....and...Boxing in my particular remark...

I stand firm....It is indeed greed....and of course splatterred with dishonesty.....

So perhaps your assumption that we are all jokes (more specific in reference to me)...
makes me question.....what's in it for you?

Surely your not the only user here who "thinks"

Have another one on me!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
POF...recent changes
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:08:09 PM

Perhaps you can explain to me (because I just can't wrap my head around it), why would anyone want to eliminate advertising from a website?...
Be GLAD to help you grasp the concept. Are you OK doing simple math?

This site is the worlds largest dating site. 33+ million members. And as a free site it was making a tiny fraction of what much much smaller paid sites were making that charge $40 or a month were a month.

So instead of using advertising and making say 8 to 10 mil a year he figures if he can get even TEN PERCENT of the current membership here paying even FIVE bucks a month he has already doubled last years income in 30 days.

He is offering the reduction of advertising as a way to justify making more optional paid features and turning this into more of a paid site. He wants a larger PAID membership here even if he charges the lowest rates of any pay site. If everyone here just paid ONE dollar a month he would crush would he made last year and probably the year before combined in the first 30 to 60 DAYS. Foe just a friggin buck a month. THATS where this is headed and why.

This site will continue to have more features become paid. I am hoping he keeps a FREE entry level membership where we can maintain a profile and freely send messages. Thats ALL I need to meet people I promise. He can bundle all the Instant Messaging, Matches, Viewed Me, and Meet Me junk all into a higher paid membership package. It will STILL be the lowest price of any paid site I bet. And this site is larger then the next 4 free sites combined last I heard. So he is shooting for numbers like this.... Hopefully keep the site membership sound with a free base and increase the perks to get a paid membership and keep the price reasonable. So his goal may be a 30 percent paid membership here in 2 years. Just a wild number to use to illustrate the situation. POF has had GIGANTIC membership growth for the last 3 years but lets assume it doesnt grow at all. If he gets a 30 percent membership at even FIVE bucks a month thats fifty million dollars a MONTH. Can you not see where that is WAY better then his current model based on just advertising? He has maxed out what he can make with ad money here pretty much.

He doesnt care right now if he loses 30 percent or more of the current membership if he is shifting to a paid site. He simply needs to figure out how to get 5 or 10 percent paying even a SMALL monthly fee. The site is transitioning to at least a partial pay site finally and he is doing to GREATLY increase profit.

Hopefully he keeps a free base membership as a "feeder system" to get folks to upgrade.

I dont need all the extra nonsense. I just need to be able to freely message and I will do just fine here.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > POF...recent changes