Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > does anybody else ask off the wall questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jdawg4876
Msg: 1
does anybody else ask off the wall questionsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Do any other members sometimes ask off the wall questions. For instance this girl's profile had 5 pics of her in different outfits all bending over her bathroom sink, and all I could think was maybe she was like the hunchback of notre dam and couldnt stand up straight. So my first message was does your back always hurt, and she said no why, I said bc all your pics are of you hunched over your sink. She didnt take to kindly to the question and let me know it, but either way I thought it was funny. What are some off the wall messages you have sent or received.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
does anybody else ask off the wall questions
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:27:47 PM
Why do you have a dead fish in your picture?
 RedElectric
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:29:59 PM
hey, at least you got a response.
i think you are learning dear grasshopper!
 jdawg4876
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:31:28 PM
I really have no trouble getting responses on here never have, I must be one of the lucky ones or just stopped taking this site so seriously
 Melannie1
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:04:25 AM
Hi jdawg4876! Very funny! Due to having no profile picture, I had a guy initiating emails that called me 'Bruce' he was too paranoid! M.
 ChadsFormerStandIn
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:52:49 AM
The "why do you have a dead fish in your pic" question is awesome!!!!

I got asked what someone's keyboard art was a picture of.

I made up some landscape answer based on her user name not knowing what the hell she was talking about.

She said I'd won the consolation prize of first beer bought on our first date not for getting the answer wrong, but for not saying the image had anything to do with boobs or sex. Still hadn't a clue what she was talking about. She finally realized I hadn't gotten the image.

It was this. (.)(.)(_____)0

If ANYTHING is discernible from this its boob!! Good thing I never recieved the image at the outset. I wouldn't have had our first date.
 astrosky
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 11:43:24 AM
Lately I had someone ask me if I want to sell my gun.
 newlysingle31
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/18/2012 1:44:26 PM
I had a girl ask me what my stance on bisexuality was early into our first online chat.
We still chat alot, and are likely to meet soon, but for her it's a big part of her identity, and obviously a deal-breaker if I was intolerant/disrespectful of such things.

I did also have one woman ask if I was "proportional". My profile clearly states I'm 6'7", and it was obvious what she meant. Haven't spoken to her since, but it was a weird start to a brief conversation.
Posted: 1/18/2012 1:48:22 PM
two minutes into the first phone call, she asked, 'so, are you getting laid much off POF?'
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:11:22 PM
I had one initiate contact, went right to phone. A few minutes in, asked if I ever suffered from ED. lol, took me by surprise.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:57:44 PM
A new member here stated on his profile that he doesn't mind spiders but HATES snakes. I live in the country, and am rather fond of our resident garter snakes. They sometimes do rather amusing things and if I see one I'm careful not to hurt it.

Anyway, I sent him a message with the title, "But garter snakes are CUTE!". No reply, so I'm assuming I didn't sway his opinion on the matter (grin).
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/18/2012 5:14:52 PM
One man asked when my last relationship was, after I replied, he asked in a weird voice "well, were u intimate???" I hung up the phone
 ladywyatt
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/18/2012 6:05:57 PM
To a man who had a picture of himself with a mule I wrote, "Nice Ass" We are cooresponding now...
 MisterRiiight
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 6:17:23 PM
I sent a massage to a woman who had an interest listed as "decorating love animals". Obviously she meant to list "decorating" as an interest and "love animals" as another.

I asked her what is a love animal and why would she want to decorate them.
 largo2
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/18/2012 6:23:23 PM
How do you send a massage?
 MisterRiiight
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:40:18 PM

How do you send a massage?

oops - Freudian slip.
 Welsh474
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:44:04 PM
I had a guy send me an email and ask "why do all the short chicks have big tits". I just replied "lucky I guess". Didn't hear from him again - Friday night drunk email.

I really got a laugh out of the OP's remark about the hunchback. Too friggin funny. I have always wondered that myself - "can't you stand up straight?"
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/18/2012 11:23:34 PM
I got a dinner appointment for making a remark about the windshield of a woman's car. I wasn't even flirting, but...oh, well. It was more of a "let's commiserate about modern life" and tell stories about POF, not so much a date. But it was face-to-face time.

This is what I mean when I say you should talk to anyone on POF the same way you'd talk to your friends, mention the same goofy stuff that gets your attention, and tell the same boring stories that your friends would understand.

People with common perceptions and connections will understand. Others won't get it, and probably aren't worth your time.
 jdawg4876
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:50:01 AM
she said I was rude and I was the problem with online dating. So for all yall having problems finding the one you can blame me lol. I am sorry.
 funinsun32
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/19/2012 8:43:22 AM
I personally love your message!!! lol
I think I would say I got the cheesiest line/message just this morning:
"They have a new sandwich at McDonald's named after you... It's called the McHottie!" and this from a 38 y/o man!!
Then there's the one from last week:
"Love your tits!!! Real or fake? I'm guessing 36D!! Do you shave it all off or leave a little? Can't wait to motor boat those huge whoppers!!"
Yup, you OP, are NOT the problem at all with on line dating!
 jdawg4876
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:12:59 AM
motor boat reminds me of the wedding crashers
 alan_dunks_semicolons
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:17:37 AM
I don't get many strange questions. I got a first message from one woman that was just a link to a YouTube video. When I responded saying something like "Thanks?" she just asked "What is that instrument at the beginning?" Erm...
 Thnuggaboo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 12:00:16 PM
I got asked what size shoes I wear....probably don't want to know why he asked that but I can probably wing a guess....and I doubt he's going to give me shoes...
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/19/2012 12:21:17 PM
I keep doing the "Want to have sex and get a pizza some time?" line but it never gets to the point where I can say "What you don't like pizza?".

Le Sigh

/Forever Alone.

(Just kidding, but really it seems like I send the of the wall questions to the ones that aren't going to appreciate humor, and the straight forward questions to the ones that do appreciate humor).
There's just no winning.
 Eagle Fish
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/19/2012 12:53:54 PM
Nope you’re the only one. This is a serious place you know. :)

Look at the forums much?

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > does anybody else ask off the wall questions