Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can someone really be in love when...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Notgivingup2011
Msg: 1
Can someone really be in love when...Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Do you think a person is truly in love with their partner if they engage in dirty talk with others of the opposite sex which includes sending naked pics of themselves and cyber'ing on cam?

Be honest.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 2
Can someone really be in love when...
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:00:56 AM
All I can say is it is not my style of being "in love"
and not my idea of decent behavior of someone "in love" with me.

Other people and their relationships.. not my business what they find to be okay or not okay.
 Notgivingup2011
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:08:52 AM
It's the same ol thing as....Married people cheating but claim they love their spouses. I have never cheated and find it impossible to believe one can truly love another and do those things behind their backs. Am I being naive?
 Former_Yamaha650_Rider
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:48:10 AM
I'm not sure what your main concern here is.
Is it whether you're naive to think so or is it because it's done to you?

I think people can be in love with someone and still make bad choices, it's simply them having bad character and no integrity. They love you on their own terms.
 Walts
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:51:15 AM
I know a couple couples that will "share" themselves with others,yet they are COMPLETELY in "love" with each other. All relative to what you,as an individual will "accept" or "believe". Just because you don't "think" it can happen, doesn't mean it doesn't happen,,,,if ya know what I mean.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:51:42 AM
No that isnt love, find a person who is truly in love and ask them that question , dont be surprised if they give you a weird look and tell you Hell NOOOOOOOOO.
 0ldhag
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:00:15 AM
lol...yes, complete and utter love...

gawwd, of course not!

Find some self worth and move on ...
 Notgivingup2011
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:05:40 AM
It is not happening to me. People will beg to differ though, that just bcuz this happens does not mean they do not love their partner. Personally, when I have been in love, the desire to chat to other men is null. This is what draws up the question in my head.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:09:20 AM
Well some people also believes in Merlin and the wizard of oz, some thinks Elvis is still alive and he's all shook up( no pun intended) its just shows some are delusional.

Some folks out there dont know what love is , no one who is truly in love with their partner would ever entertain sending nude pictures of themselves to others, or talk dirty or what ever.
 Jimbonator62
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:11:40 AM
Elvis is dead? Now I'm all shook up!
 deerdog1
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:14:30 AM
how do people propose to define someone else's Love ..while these things may not be acceptable to you ..they may well be acceptable to others .. actually we are in the minority of ages who define love in monogamous terms ..the past is full of civilizations which condoned plural relationships as well as poly amorous love ... you can have your terms for your love as well as definition for your love ... but you would be shocked at my as well as many others definition of love ...Actually I think the modern socially accepted definition of love is fallacious at best

in reality I don't believe in Love ..not as defined in today's standards ..yes there are people that I am fond of ..there are people that I would lay down my own life for ..and if you want to call that love so be it
but every one you might ask to define love will give you a different answer

when people to whom i am fond of change their was to ways that I don't like ...then my fondness ends ..I wont remain with someone who is mean to me and call it love ..if I feel their actions have become something I don't like my love ends there.. really I consider that I love everyone up front ... I have put my life on the line for total strangers ... the people that have shown me that they have no concern for my feelings or well being ..i put them into the indifferent category.. I don't hate them I just avoid them

I don't believe in Love .I don'believe in magic ..and I don't buy into fairy tales

I do believe in humanity and compassion ..as well as Karma
 Notgivingup2011
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:17:46 AM
would you hurt the one you love? would you lie, with hold info? sneak around? If the answer to any of these is YES, that is NOT love. Hey, I just answered my own thread!

yay me!
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:44:35 AM

Do you think a person is truly in love with their partner if they engage in dirty talk with others of the opposite sex which includes sending naked pics of themselves and cyber'ing on cam?

Be honest.
I do not believe someone can be in love with one person and engage in sex talk and send naked pics to themself to others. This isn't any kind of love I recognize or understand. If your partner is doing this, I would really question if he loves you. Is this something you really want to have in your life? How does it make you feel when he does this? Is this how you want to feel? Do you want to accept feeling like this? Love should feel good, it should empower you, it should boost you up, not drag you down.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 7:17:54 AM
"If you REALLY loved me, you'd..." is among the top ten of the most often uttered phrases on the planet, I think. It' right up there with "This means war!" and "how much is for that in blue?"

My take, is that LOVE is a word that is most commonly applied to what a person feels inside themselves. What they do about it is a separate thing, as far as I'm concerned, and has to do with culture, prejudice, myths, parenting, and almost anything else you can think of, including phases of the moon, and shoe size.

And you know what shoe size is really all about.

Yes, someone who is really in love, can do all sorts of things that annoy the hell out of their object of affection, and drive them away, or conversely and perversely, make them all the more attached.
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 8:15:11 AM
No, at least not in a respectful, honor, moral way. I know people toss around the word love like it means nothing, but I would not find someone to love me if they didn't respect me.
 Origionalname
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/28/2012 8:36:34 AM
No. It takes the piss out of love. It dishonours love.
 TlGER
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:29:16 AM
Another simple answer to another silly post. If the partner is aware of it and happy with it then yes it can be love. This is normal for certain people if it is what floats their boat. If the partner is not aware of it and is totally against the idea, and the guy/gal is fully aware of this, then it is not love. End of thread all is resolved next thread please!
 carolann0308
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:33:35 AM
Sure they are in love, with themselves.
Their life is all about 'me', what I want, what I desire and to hell with anyone else. Narcissism of the highest order.
 soulsmilin
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:36:43 AM
As sex and love is able to be compartmentalised by both men and women, and we all have the ability to love or like more than one person, surly the answer is yes....

...the real question you should be asking, is... IS THIS EXCEPTABLE TO YOU ?

Most would say no, its your call.
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:06:28 AM
If ur having doubts then thats the answer....you cant deal with that type of behaviour, so cut ties....
 Jac_the_Gripper
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:06:35 AM

Be honest.

Is it a matter of whether they are truly in love with their partner, or whether the partner feels unloved?

If the partner feels unloved they will leave, at least eventually.
 A_Gent
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:07:34 AM
Sure... in that toxic dysfunctional way that I'm sure ...

....we'll all read about in a forum in a few weeks/months about how he did this and that to you....

....and you let him.

But you'll deny that you had anything to do with it.

... Or are you the one sending the "dirty" pics and chat and trying to justify it?
 csm92
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:21:28 AM
A person who is really in love with someone, won't be talking to others of the opposite sex in such a manner.
 lotustemple
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:34:28 AM
People couple for a myriad of reasons and genuine love can be elusive. Power/control dynamics.....are more popular IMO.
 darknight48
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:49:18 AM
not really would they be happy if other partner done it?. sounds like they bored?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can someone really be in love when...