Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF Won't let me delete my acc....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Wily_Fox
Msg: 1
POF Won't let me delete my acc....Page 1 of 1    
I go thru the leaving questionnaire and click delete my profile, but I just get sent back to the help page. Help please!

Ensure your cookies and temp internet files are cleared and then re-log in if you had previous issues.

Click --> Express to Delete Account Page

If you're still having issues, email csr@pof.com
 lovelymel72
Msg: 2
POF Won't let me delete my acc....
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:55:18 AM
Same here, I have tried over the past several months to delete it and it won't work. Let me delete my account!!

Same for you, ensure your cookies and temp internet files are cleared and then re-log in if you had previous issues.

Pinky127
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:59:06 AM
Click on "Help" ,then "Deleting/Hiding Profile".

I dont know why so many people seem to have trouble deleting their account when its written in plain english and is easy to follow?
 The_Wily_Fox
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2012 8:14:15 AM
Pinky that's exactly what I have been doing. I'm not an idiot.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 10:32:43 AM
http://www.pof.com/deleteaccountb.aspx

That link is to the Delete Account page. Once there, scroll down to get to the delete form. Fill it out and answer the questions though the part about the username of the person you met has got to be optional. Then click the Quit/Give Up/Delete Account button near the bottom. You will have to sign in to your account before you can delete it.
 ReiderYom
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/3/2012 10:30:24 PM
THANK YOU! That helped me so much. I kind of giggled a little though. 'Quit, Give Up, Delete Account'. A little too touchy? Yikes.
 ReiderYom
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/3/2012 10:45:22 PM
Wow, I lied. It brought me straight back.

Ensure your cookies and temp internet files are cleared and then re-log in if you had previous issues.

*Cowboy*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 3:40:59 AM
^^^ Another one successfully bites the dust. Dont panic when it brings ya straight back. There seems to be a time delay as the account gets deleted. Just hang tight for a day and it is usually nuked.

Cowboy
 probesone123
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 4:33:34 AM
Where do I find the rules about how to delete the account?

*Cowboy*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 4:41:36 AM
Where do I find the rules about how to delete the account?
Rules? The only rule is you have to delete your own account.

You can either use the HELP links at the top of every screen on this site or the link provided above by a moderator or...

Just click here >>>>> http://www.pof.com/deleteaccountb.aspx

Fill in your username/password.

If you are still bamboozled try this step by step hand holding guide

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14560575.aspx

And if your are still unable to figure this stuff out contact CSR@POF.com and beg them to help ya

Cowboy
 hawklakes
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/23/2012 11:28:35 AM
Get me off this sight .
 be07
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/16/2012 1:48:01 AM
How can I delete my account?
 Joannadelgado
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/3/2013 7:42:40 AM
I ve tried to get off this f#@#@# website for weeks when I get all the way thru the delete process it then tells me over n over aain that my id or password is incorrect :modhammer:
 seekin_luv
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2013 10:08:24 AM
Did you follow the instructions in the yellow boxes above?

I tend to ignore accounts on websites that I no longer use, which I assume is what POF, and other dating sites count on. It makes it appear as if they have more active members than they actually have. And, people may come back in the future as needs change.

It does appear as if several of the people who had posted in this thread earlier have become unlinked from their profiles, so I have to assume they were successful in account deletion.

Of course, one option is to upload some provocative photos.
Check the box that you are only interested in intimate encounters.
And send out 1000 e-mails.

But...
There may be an easier way.
 lightstar1
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/3/2013 11:06:56 AM
I've deleted several times with no issues, but if someone is really stuck, just alter all the parameters of the account and change the username, delete any pics and walk away.....it's not rocket science.....

lorim78
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:16:13 PM
LOL because after so many requests and your account is not deleted Houston, we have a problem. How was that for plain English. Was that easy for you to follow?
 lorim78
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:20:11 PM
I have followed those steps several times and to no avail. I just emailed the moderator so I'm hoping he/she can help. Thanks.

If you're still having issues, email csr@pof.com NOT a moderator, they have nothing to do with account profiles.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF Won't let me delete my acc....