Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > False but hilarious Testimonial      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DoctorWhiskey
Msg: 1
False but hilarious TestimonialPage 1 of 1    
I'm just wondering if I should leave it there or remove it.. it is pretty funny, but it says i'm a "heart breaker" and says you should have "lots and lots of sexxin" with me.

i Have had more messages since, just saying
 Pinky127
Msg: 2
False but hilarious Testimonial
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:11:22 PM
Id leave it - *I* thought it
was funny
 DoctorWhiskey
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:16:48 PM
more messages from new people, i should clarify
 Basiate
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:59:09 PM
Guess it depends on what type of messages and women you are trying to meet. If you enjoy the messages you are receiving then great..if not, change it.

My profile gets more responses since the entire first part of it sounds more like Dos Equis most interesting man in the world..Gets a laugh and gives the reader a topic to write me with. Your 'fake' testimony probably does the same thing.
 girlnextdoorID
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:10:14 PM
Okay - the testimonial IS hilarious. But I have to know... HAVE you gone out with this girl?
I imagine there might be some women who would be turned off by the testimonial, however it makes me wonder more what the heck she is trying to achieve?

Oh.... and Basiate? Hands down the FUNNIEST female profile that I've ever read. It was great - I'm sure you get lots of responses from it. Oh, and the TV in my room is making this ringing noise, so perhaps a trip to Oregon will be in order next Wednesday :)

~GND
 missraven1
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:15:44 PM
Left as is, it may be construed as indirectly boastful and inviting sex in a roundabout way. And, particularly as you're getting more messages, are you getting offers as well. Very likely, since you're a bloke, it's not hard for one to think that you would take up an offer of sex. And that would be a . If you want to leave it for a laugh clarify it in your profile so no-one gets the wrong idea. At best, it lets others know a girl can have fun with you.
 DoctorWhiskey
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:16:14 PM
thanks, that makes sense, humor is important to me.. i kind of makes me sound like a d-bag, but i think it comes across more funny than serious.

so far its been funny but i just wanted to get some more opinions, just worried the right girl gets turned away from it on impulse,
 DoctorWhiskey
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:24:57 PM

HAVE you gone out with this girl?

Sorry i meant to mention, we only messaged and texted a few times back and forth, and not very often. she was funny though.

but no, I never met her.. key info, oops.

what the heck she is trying to achieve?

either shes just trying to make contact or get a laugh out of me,
or shes being all sassy because we haven't talked in a while?
 girlnextdoorID
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:44:10 PM
Interesting!
You know, I failed to read your full profile because I just read the testimonial, but if the rest of your profile is funny I would imagine girls will see it as something funny. You could always return the favor and write that girl a funny testimonial in return.

Did it work? Did you respond back to her after she gave you such a glowing review?
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 8:08:26 PM
Hmm...it's all good, until the women reading it find out that you apparently drove her to now be seeking another woman for an intimate encounter...
 DoctorWhiskey
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/29/2012 8:36:22 PM

Did it work? Did you respond back to her after she gave you such a glowing review?
yea it did, i laughed when i saw it, and sent her a message saying "hi, that was funny, how've you been"
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 8:42:43 PM
OP....it IS kind of funny. However, a woman will likely click on this girl's profile and when she reads this is a gal who is part of a couple looking for another female for an intimate encounter....

Well, I gotta tell you, if it was me reading your profile? I'd for sure wonder exactly what the heck were you up to, how on earth did you come to be in touch w/ this particular woman, and most likely hit next. Even if it did make me smile.
 Notgivingup2011
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/29/2012 9:04:06 PM
DELETE IT!~ You are seeking a relationship so you state and I would think that testimonial was serious and would not message you bcuz of it.

and I did not find it funny at all. Just sayin
 Ailliss
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/29/2012 9:05:51 PM
I think it is tacky and more of an advertisement for her.
As some else pointed out readers will click on her profile as well…and do you really think it helps you to have women think you are part of the threesomes, same sex stuff?

Why would anyone think her testimonial is false?

I didn't think it funny.
 RedElectric
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/30/2012 11:33:05 AM
The meat of your profile is great. I love how cool you look with that plastic guitar :) And calling me a strange woman oddly didn't rub me the wrong way, it made me giggle.

HAVING SAID ALL OF THAT... the testimonial is a TOTAL turn off. I think I even uttered the word "GROSS" when I read it. We get propositioned for sex a LOT on here. After a while it's like, disturbing and not funny in the least.

I don't get testimonials anyway. If he was so great, why aren't YOU with him?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:13:05 PM
I would delete it if I were you.
 trinity818
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 2:50:26 PM
If you're here for a laugh or two and just generally looking to have a good time...keep it, it's funny.

But if you are seeking a long term relationship with a quality woman? You know what to do.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:00:32 PM

If he was so great, why aren't YOU with him?

Spot on RedE........when I see stuff like that, I actually do send the girl a message to ask what is wrong with the guy.....since she is not with him.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:40:15 PM

I don't get testimonials anyway. If he was so great, why aren't YOU with him?

Because she is already with someone but is on POF for an IE and is only her to screw other guys.

Do not just read what she wrote, but look at who wrote it.
 faerlan
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:31:07 PM
She called you a stud and you know what they say, you can't spell "stud" without S T D.
 mrsforums
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:49:30 PM
Well I guess I'd wonder if the woman was a lesbian before or AFTER she left the sexually charged testimonial on your profile.

Just sayin...
MrsF
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > False but hilarious Testimonial