Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > how do you know when it becomes a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daring08
Msg: 1
how do you know when it becomes a relationship?Page 1 of 1    
i met a girl we've been seeing eachother for the past 3 weeks, pretty much every day, I met her on here. Since I have felt a connection with her, I have deleted my account. Now 1 of 2 questions how do you know when you're in a inclusive relationship with someone? and 2 should she delete her account?
 veevee
Msg: 2
how do you know when it becomes a relationship?
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:29:31 PM
This makes me think of a black book.
When should someone throw away their black book or should they ever.

I met someone from a chat room once and we got into a relationship. We both continued chatting afterward in the same place because we talked to other people there, not just each other. Eventually we both dropped it but it was mutual. Once one of us left the other agreed to.

If you have removed yours and they haven't then it seems like you are wondering if they have the same level of commitment but you should have talked about it before you removed yours. You may have jumped the gun if it wasn't an agreement on both sides. At least their status should have changed if nothing else admitting they are in a relationship. If you haven't talked about that either then... no one can read minds.
 TDH49
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:30:03 PM
I have deleted my account
That's you choice. You can do whatever you want.

how do you know when you're in a inclusive relationship with someone?
When you BOTH decide to be exclusive.

should she delete her account?
Only if she agreed to be exclusive. She may think 3 weeks is way too early to be thinking about being exclusive with you. Try not to start making demands on this girl... If she wants to keep her options open until she knows you better my advice to you is to not rock the boat by getting all clingy and demanding. She never asked you to rush things by deleting your profile, I suggest you show her the same curtesy.
 Basiate
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:48:34 PM
It is going to be different for everyone..but my personal experience is that it takes a little longer than 3 weeks to get to the 'love factor'. Right now, you are in a relationship of sorts. If you want to see where it goes during a exclusive relationship, then say something to her and see what she says. Its possible she is wanting the same thing, or its possible that she is going to shock the hell outta you with her answer. Don't know till you ask eh?

As for deleting your account after dating for 3 weeks?..seems kinda quick to me, you could have easily just hid it for a while until you knew for sure. Obviously you've made a new account to ask some questions in the forums or ?? Wouldnt it have been much easier to ask them with your other account that you just closed?...or is it you are afraid she would have seen you on here and asked about your commitment level?

Looking like there are still a few kinks to work out in this new 'relationship' and your answer was answered the moment you made a new account...just sayin'
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:01:26 PM
OP you know you're exclusive when you have the "exclusive" talk and 2) should she delete her account?that depends on her if she is on the forums then perhaps not, she can hide it, update her profile to say Not single/not looking and edit her profile to day "taken" or something of that effect.

If she isn't on the forums and you've had the "exclusive " talk then you both decide at the same time if you should delete or not.
 meechpeach
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:14:08 PM
You made an account just to ask this to strangers on the internet?
Why don't you just ask her yourself!
"Are we exclusive?"
It's not that hard.

should she delete her account?

She should do whatever she wants with her account.
 girlnextdoorID
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:16:44 PM
I'm with iceman on this one. You have to buck up and have the talk. But maybe instead of seeming pressured, you could make it a romantic gesture. V-day is coming up, (a day I personally loathe, but I digress) but you could take her out for a nice dinner and then let her know that you're not interested in seeing anyone else and would like the relationship to be exclusive. Or something to that effect...

That's just my 2 cents.

Good Luck!
~GND
 no_1_bby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:39:54 PM
1) When you've talked to HER about if you two are in a relationship or not.
2) Depends on what the two of you decide.

I've been here a while. I've been in a relationship for 4 yrs. I hide my profile sometimes. Sometimes I don't. I haven't deleted my account, but I am not here looking for someone either (stated plainly in my profile), I'm here for the forums. He's here too.
 Halfaddict
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:53:08 PM
*facepalm*

Put your profile back on and let her have the relationship talk. You should be seeing other women.
 daring08
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/29/2012 10:36:06 PM
I deleted my account, and created this one, just to ask this specific question. as you see i pretty much have NO info on my account currently, just sayin.
 daring08
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/29/2012 10:37:29 PM
Thanks very much!
 astefko
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:05:24 PM
You ask her: Will you be my Girlfriend?
 0ldhag
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:07:10 AM
I think your jumping the gun here.

Unless you actually sit down and talk about, why would you assume there is something more between you two... and to even delete your account?

Until you both 'agree' you're in a relationship, no one needs to delete anything.

The only way to know if your in a relationship is ASK.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > how do you know when it becomes a relationship?