Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating sites for young adults      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FloridaCatch
Msg: 1
Dating sites for young adultsPage 1 of 1    
I've been on this site for awhile now with no hope of getting one date so I'm thinking this site is not in my age bracket. More 30+ people are on this site so I'm wondering if their is a site for may 18-25 range? If anyone knows maybe a more suitable site for a 22 yr old I'd greatly appreciate it!
 ToThySelf
Msg: 2
Dating sites for young adults
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:56:23 PM

Look, it all comes down to the fact that women enjoy being given a task to do, no matter who gives it to them, because it makes them feel wanted. This is why you should tell each and every attractive woman you meet to bake you cookies. She'll joke and put up a fight, but in the end she knowns if she doesn't bake those damn cookies she's worthless.

Its not the site - its you! Seriously, when I was 22 that last place I wanted to be was indoors on a computer. Where do you get this crap?
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:58:57 PM
OP...check your messages for a PM :)
Some sites ARE (or sure seem to be) geared toward a younger demographic

PS...YES, I got as far as the date section in reading your profile, so I got it is a joke! Still, gotta tell you, it's sort of like playing w/ fire to go that route because many will miss the humor and so...opppps, they hit next. You might want to put your profile up in "Profile Review" section.
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:10:41 PM
There are tons of people in their early twenties on here.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:35:13 PM
Most people in their 20's wouldn't know what to do with people they meet here, since offline and on Facebook they're around so many people already. This, especially in your age group should be a place to find people you haven't found anywhere else - assuming you have any room to fit them since so much of your majority is right under your nose in your social circle.
 Jkraft29
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2012 4:49:03 PM
This would be quite helpful for me, since I am a first year in college which has a m-f ratio of around 7-1 and I don't really know where good places are to meet those of the fairer sex.
 udonotmatter
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:25:42 PM

so I'm wondering if their is a site for may 18-25 range?

Yes.
It's called "start looking around the campus where you are a student and join activities" dot com.
 Maleman999
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:47:08 PM
Check out high schools in red neck hillbilly areas, where the average age of someone finishing high school is mid twenties. The only problem is most of the girls will have 4 or 5 kids by then and the kids would have a startling resemblance to cousin Billy Bob.
 cinsav
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:50:26 PM

I've been on this site for awhile now with no hope of getting one date so I'm thinking this site is not in my age bracket. More 30+ people are on this site so I'm wondering if their is a site for may 18-25 range? If anyone knows maybe a more suitable site for a 22 yr old I'd greatly appreciate it!

Most 20 somethings are out and about right about now.... Friday night. Internet dating does well for people later in life with full time jobs, careers, kids, etc.... no so much for the 20-something college student who has a slew of potential dates at any given time.

I have dated a lot of 20 somethings, and 99.9% were not "found" online. I met them through every day life. With that said - take a moment to under the dynamics of the different ages groups.... 20 years typically are on the go non-stop. They don't really use the 'net for dating. Not saying there aren't any 20 somethings here or on other dating sites, they're obviously are.... but in the grand scheme the world of online dating is mostly comprised of late 20's to mid 40's.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:50:52 PM
Actually this site is tailored for young adults. I think you need to re-examine your entire approach and profile review is recommended.
 Babygirl2292
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:00:13 PM
I recently just discovered .com. It has a lot of things on there that make it more young user friendly.
 Silver_Sparks
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:41:48 AM
Are you interested in dating?....or meeting "new friends" as your profile states.

Won't matter which site you use or how many singles in your age bracket are members if you aren't committed to dating.

If you are serious about dating, be prepared to put forth some effort.
Start by posting a thread under the Profile Review section.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:50:09 PM
size of the candidate pool is the biggest external factor in online dating success, and this site has the largest pool. plus just about any dater on a smaller site is also going to be on a big, free one, so it's likely you'll be striking out with the same chicks elsewhere.
 Sully8545
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:27:37 PM
If you can't meet women outside of online dating when your 22, I really don't know what to tell you. This should be a complete waste of your time at your stage of life.
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:34:02 AM
Well, I've been on this site for a while just like Floridacatch. I made my profile good enough someone would understand it, but why judge it? I'm not a evil person that judge on alot. There's no reason for that. I have sent messages to women that I find interesting at random or my matches. No one has replyed, I sent a good decent message but, they are too picky. They couldn't ask questions?
The first girl who replyed acted like a smarta$$ and the second said I wasn't her type , but I saw she likes the same NFL team that I like and love going camping.

Like I said, some women on here are selfcentered that they're worried what their friends think they dated me. Who gives a sh*+ what their friends think, they don't sound like good friends.
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:27:55 AM
Hey. Is anybody back to this post?
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/16/2012 8:45:59 AM
Girls get a lot more messages than guys. A LOT more. The really cute ones probably get more in a day than any guy in this thread gets in a year. They can't reply to every message no matter how nice they or you are, it's not a reasonable expectation. Don't take it personally and don't be bitter.

There are some rude ones like the first girl you spoke to but I'd say the second was being courteous just by responding. The same favorite sports team and a common interest in camping is barely scratching the surface of meshing personalities.
 0ldhag
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:26:26 AM
facebook.com

Posted: 2/17/2012 12:20:13 PM
After about a nanosecond of thought...

...a bar, club, and the usual suspects where you might find people, places and things to your liking in the demographic you are looking at and in your area.

You still might have success here or any similar place, but the odds might be more in your favor live in in person.

Not trying to be sarcastic or snarky, but it seems to me that those places would be a very good place to start.

Hope all goes well.
 KieranParkville
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 4:37:50 PM
http://www.wayoftheplayer.com is pretty awesome
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:31:57 PM
I saw a church is a better way to meet women. Like events like a dinner, a dance and bible study class. They are alot nicer than people outside of church and they remember you when they see you again in over a week.
 icallbs
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:54:51 PM
OP, I realize your profile is a joke (in more ways than one, I guess? since you basically say there that you've had tons of success, yet here and in your profile review threads you say you haven't had much luck getting responses/dates at all)...

But I agree with the first responder here... it's you, not the site. I don't know what you originally had on your profile before your two (?) reviews here, but if what you have now is either 1) still there despite the reviewer suggestions, or 2) an "improvement" over what was there originally, I think your success here will likely be very limited. You profile may seem playful to you, and it may be heard as such to those who know you. But to a lot of women (even those who read all the way through, which will be a tiny minority), it's just a sign they should move along.

Chop, chop.
 Walts
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2012 4:08:17 PM

If anyone knows maybe a more suitable site for a 22 yr old I'd greatly appreciate it!

I've got the perfect spot for ya!!!! First, get up off the seat and walk slowly to the front of the house/apartment. Now, slowly, real slowly if you must, unlock said door and get this, open it!!!! Now cover your eyes if it's daytime,there is a sun out there. Now,make sure you have clothes on, and a pair of shoes. Now outside you go. There is a REAL big world out there. Go discover it. There are even live humans running around and they talk. Like verbally.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating sites for young adults