Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > anyone been on pof for longer than a year?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brandy131
Msg: 1
anyone been on pof for longer than a year?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hi, i'm H

Just coming up to my second pof membership anniversary. Sometimes it can be quite despairing and sometimes it can be an absolute confidence boost... for a while

it's been quite an experience, though hoping i don't reach my third anniversary
 OneOnOwn
Msg: 2
anyone been on pof for longer than a year?
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:57:36 PM
Ive been on so long I am growing roots !!
 brandy131
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:02:12 PM
oh thank heavens... though not you being on here so long

just don't seem to have the right kind of luck, though have gained some rather good mates on here (so i can't be that bad :)

i think if i'm on here much longer, i'll start getting gills
 theoldbill
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:10:31 PM
I've been on here so long there were only two of us.

And she was only for the forums!!!
 brandy131
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:19:20 PM
2008, that really is a long time, I hope in all honesty that you will meet that special someone on here.

I keep thinking is the more i could do, I created a new account thinking that it might make me more visible, i've changed my pics and re-written my profile more times than i can remember

i'm not wholly unhappy being single, its more the lack of shared experience that i miss, not having that someone to turn round to and say, did you see that, what did you think of that etc.
 snazzycracker
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:59:04 PM
I've been on here for years as well,although this is a rare visit to the forums as i haven't been on them for yonks.
Even though i have been on here years i still haven't actually gone out on a date with anyone lol.
Made plenty of friends but no one i have got on with well enough or fancied enough to go out with.
Never been a serial dater so i always considered it wise to choose carefully as i get easily attached,i have been a bit to choosey i think.
 ariesagain
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:04:57 AM
I am very much a dating site veteran. This is my third separate spell on this site and my history re other daing sites stretches back some 15 years.

My head keeps telling me this form of contact witgh the opposite sex does not work for me, but I have found it very very difficult to bfreak the addiction.

No doubt, if there is a dating site up there (or the other place we are supposed to go to when we pop our clogs and become just spirits) I shall be on that one as well.

bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:17:48 AM
Been on yrs and will remain on as im here for events .
Ive made loads friends through them . In my hr of need when i wasnt very well pof meets got me out there living again .
So im here to give back i cant take and not repay .
Ive had breaks spells of so hence it looks like im newish im not .
 marcochampo
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:52:28 AM
been on here over 2yrs now ,, i have met some nice people especially through the pof events.. i am still single and still on here ...and i can't see that changing any time soon..
 light-star
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:54:15 AM
Been on here, in one guise or another,for more years than I care to recall. Like Bambi (above) I sometimes take some time out, so it looks like I joined far more recently than I did.

Been on a number of 'meet & greets' and a handful of dates, but still waiting to meet someone who shares my odd(?) outlook on life.

I came to the conclusion a long time back that internet dating is not the ideal way to meet someone, but it beats hanging around on street corners (just).

I spend longer on the Forums than actually using the dating side, which is why I probably appear to be almost always online.

Having said that, if anyone out there.........

bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/1/2012 1:12:19 AM
Same here ive dated a few over the yrs has never ended in tears .
Just i see no point in continuing something i no has no future .
Im a carer for two .
both have continence isues both are non negotiable when it comes to needing me .
There needs come first my ex the kids dad has never been a problem for guys as they can see we work together .
So that gives me time for me .
I have never nor will i take restbite .I want to no my sons safe so if not with me hes with daddy .
Not all men can see past the so called bagage that i come with .
Its gona be there for ever autism doesnt go away its life long .
So my quest for a partner has been long . Found a keeper now though i dont think hes going anywere fast .
He is happy to go on outings with my nutty bunch even gets us all lol .
We have the nutty crew family holiday booked if he survives that
he can survive anything .
Hes tossed himself in the deap end and my lot wont pull him out
He adores the mini me my daughter he finds her hysterical .
and her partner POOR GUY LOL
 OneOnOwn
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/1/2012 2:47:28 AM
Sometimes it depends what you expect ID to do for you.
Im building up a database of ladies who pop around for coffee, go out for meals etc.
I think at various stages of your life you need different things and although I think that we would all love to find the one most of us are inflexible and have built up our own little world based on survival on our own.
 celladore
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/1/2012 2:53:31 AM
I've been on here for a few months, but i can see it being years if i dont delete my page, i think most of us has worked out this sight sucks as a dating sight.
 freeborn33
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:17:34 AM
yes havebeen on pof for several yrs, i found a partner married for two years then she went home for holidays and that was the last i saw her. i like pof but wondering if i should be still on the program as i only have a year or less to be on this earth so i feel guilty should i find a fish again,,
 ssp1974
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:20:10 AM
Yep-another one that's been here,what-3 years on and off,it does get you down sometimes-but i'm a stubborn git-so i always end up coming back for more,hoping that miss perfect (well,miss as close as you get to perfect in life) ,and if i dont,well,theres always the forums to have a laugh at.... .....
 freeborn33
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:22:45 AM
any replies to my po or am i deleted never posted befoe??///
 Foxonian
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 4:41:35 AM
You may have shamed us into silence Freeborn, as most of us have smaller problems (far as I know).

Op yes, longer than a year and not for the first time - unfortunately I've joined the long-term unattached it seems.

Lot of truth in #12 re getting inflexible about disturbances to our carefully created living pattern, at least I'm a bit guilty of that.
 Vortices
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:07:21 AM
good to see you posting freeborn.
i am only on here for a few weeks at a time.
been on once before about a year and a half ago.
i get bored easily and will be off again as the weather gets better.
 Romi_74
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:11:48 AM
I've been here for about a year, I was thinking now that I should try organisations like Spice in London... I never fancied going to a PoF meet, but the stuff Spice organises is pretty fun...I can't wait to go walking with wolves.. I hope they do it again soon.
 seymore.fish
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/1/2012 6:33:50 AM
I started this in between air raids killing time in the Anderson shelter
 zendy
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:00:32 AM
This sounds like an ego boosting thread. What's the purpose wanting to know how long people have been on here? To make you feel better about how long you've been here?
 DanL1983
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:02:18 AM
Been here on and off for 2 years.
 dave68scotland
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:06:57 AM
I remember this place when it was just a couple of cows in a field!!
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:34:43 AM
Hi kids :)

Longer than a year for me too but i'm not that active tbh I rarely write to women and the ones I do must think i'm a right ugly bugga :)
 finbarrsaunders
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:47:54 AM
I rememeber this place when it was called Plenty of Single Cell Organisms in a Primordial Soup!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > anyone been on pof for longer than a year?