Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The eX Profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bbsml
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The eX ProfilesPage 1 of 1    
I have a profile on another site and I was logging in the other day and my ex hubby came up as a potential match. My curiosity got the best of me and i looked at his profile. He should change his name to Stephen King because it was a brillant work of fiction. He lied about everything from height to income. I had a good laugh reading it and thanking god we're no longer together. So my question is has anyone else run across their ex's dateing profile on line and what was your reaction?
 veevee
Msg: 2
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/3/2012 11:48:02 AM
Mine was a little different. We split and he made an account here to find me. He also went over to a security site I visit and was moderating at the time so I was tempted to blast his account into infinity but didn't because I liked the owners too much to abuse the powah with my personal distaste for someone.

He sent me messages on the other site but think just favorited me here but didn't say anything. The favorite must have been what alerted me because I don't remember finding his profile. We ended badly and I refused to talk to him - I did finally answer a message from him on the other site after 2 years I think just in boredom one night. He claimed that he left gifts at the house and notes, yeah right. I never saw anything like that - doesn't matter though because you can't unlive the past. I'm not one to give chances repeatedly and as noted by my ignoring can get pretty mad and hold a grudge even if someone is trying to salvage only the friendship.

I hope I don't see exes lol I always say - we call them exes for a reason. It would make me laugh to see them lying about themselves hehe
 Molly Maude
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/3/2012 12:20:26 PM
I actually helped my ex set up an account here ... he was over one day, complaining because he wasn't meeting the women he'd hoped to meet ... together, we set up his account ... by the next day, he called me, asking how to take it down because he'd gotten so many contacts by women in the area that it scared him!!!

I just laughed and laughed ... told him what to do ... heck ... I'm STILL laughing!

wvwaterfall
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/3/2012 12:56:31 PM
I mostly keep good relations with exes, and have helped more than one navigate the internet dating world. I also have had valuable feedback from an ex or two on my own profile. No biggie.

I've always figured that just because a couple found they weren't compatible as a couple doesn't mean they don't still have positive traits and shared good memories in common. And as poor as my judgment seems to have been finding a lifelong mate I've sure made some good lifelong friends through the effort. When I've looked at their profiles not a one is deceptively written.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 5
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:18:12 PM
My ex bf of 3 yrs has an ad in here, but has not logged in for 3 yrs. He did a little bit of forums posting. His ad reads like a backhanded apology IMO & references things in our relationship, including his pics, all of which I took.

I cannot trash him, as I did love him, I am sure he loved me & we did spend 3 yrs together. We both had too much going on at the time to take it any further then it went & we occasionally email eachother to say hi & catch up on things.
 TooShadows
Msg: 6
view profile
History
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/3/2012 3:19:16 PM
I only ever saw an ex once on here when her profile showed up in my matches. I had a look at it and she disappeared the next day. Might have just hidden her profile but i never saw her again.
 parrotmama
Msg: 7
view profile
History
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:44:37 PM
The guy I'm dating just as a friend got a quiver match on another site with his ex-wife...he said, "Oh hell no..cost me MILLIONS to get rid of her" Funny!
 dbok635
Msg: 8
view profile
History
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:37:00 AM
I was thinking about a pay site when I came upon my ex wife.
She was using a cheesecake cropped pic from '87 that I had shot.
Same type of person though.
 HoopoeBird31
Msg: 9
The eX Profiles
Posted: 2/4/2012 9:20:25 AM
nope.

never had an ex to begin with.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The eX Profiles