Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Vday flowers to workplace      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eyeteeguy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Vday flowers to workplacePage 1 of 1    
Vday is coming up and I was wondering if it's too much for me to send flowers to a girl's workplace? There's a back story to this. I met this girl a few times through mutual friends. We've been exchanging emails/text messages back and forth for a while now and she's down to hang out 1 on 1. We have a lot of common interests and she fits what I'm seeking. The only problem is we both have hectic schedules and she lives about an hour away. Anyways, I was wanted to know if having flowers delivered to her workplace would be coming on too strong? I don't want to scare her away. Considering how we haven't even hung out alone yet. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
 scottey63
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Vday flowers to workplace
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:12:45 PM
You're not dating? Yes, coming on too strong.
 windchymes
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:43:47 PM
Yeah, that falls under too much too soon, unfortunately. But you are sweet to have the thought :)

If you are going to see her on the day, maybe bring her a cute candy heart wrapped in red or pink foil, nothing huge and outlandish, no Whitman's box of chocolates.
 meeshelli
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:57:29 PM
I think its a nice thought and you should do it,just bc you send someone flowers does not mean you want to have 2.3 children and a house in the burbs. I also do not know what the big deal is these days about liking someone and telling them or being fond of that person ??? it's almost like taboo now...

I know I like getting flowers at work:)
 eyeteeguy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 8:30:40 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing her on vday. I was thinking, would sending her just ONE rose be considered over the top too? Or should I just completely ditch the idea of sending flowers and think of something else? I would refrain from sending her any kind of chocolates or sweets because we are currently part of a fitness challenge. Sending her sweets might come off as sabotage.
 1bellanella
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 8:41:34 PM
I would go with the flowers but maybe do something other than roses. Atleast she'll KNOW your intentions are romantic and not "friendly." You could also do one of those edible arrangement things (fruit is arranged to look like flowers).
 ladydelightful
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 8:44:50 PM
I think it's a very nice thing to do but don't send roses since you aren't yet dating. The florist will be able to help you on what to send.
 Silver_Sparks
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:09:44 AM
Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to be whimsical.
I say...go for it !!

Chose a nice arrangement and include a friendly note.
Nothing to extravagant tho.
It will brighten her day, and confirm your interest.
 ladypenelope007
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:29:34 AM
I dont think its coming on too strong, I think its a lovely thought and I am pretty sure she will be delighted. I used to love getting flowers delivered to my work place. I would stick with flowers though and not rose/roses.
 Walts
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:56:41 AM
Why wait for Vday?????? Just a question,that's all.

tampasmiles
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:26:09 AM
Depends on her workplace and her connection with her coworkers...the flowers will be seen by the coworkers..and they will want to know the story....what if she already has other guys that are dating her locally...could look odd her getting a lot of flowers...would she be able to explain it...at work it could put her in a awkward position...do her coworkers know she is dating from online...which could also be awkward....why not send them to her house...and definitely not roses...unless you want to send that message and only if you know 100% that she is feeling that way too...

daynadaze
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:57:29 AM
It would depend on the woman, all you can do is be yourself and see if she likes you as you are. So if you want to send her some flowers, do it, if she doesn't like it, oh well, you gave it a shot.

I find it perplexing that so many want to have others tell them what to do, do your thing and see how she reacts to getting to know you. What 20 people here think is totally not important, it's what she thinks of you. And she can't figure you out if you aren't being yourself.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:45:54 AM
I always used to like getting flowers sent to work but I guess it depends on the individuals. Rather then trying to second guess what she thinks, why not go with your gut about what you want to do ?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 10:28:35 AM
If you are not 100% sure of her real day to day life, then dont do it.

You dont know if she will be inconvenienced by having to take them home, because you have no plans to see her that day. For all you know she will have to keep them in her car for 2 hours after work to go to the gym or something. Not to mention, if she has anything brewing with another man, it may cause issues, such as a gossipy coworker sees a man drop by afterwards, and assumes he is the flower sender and says something...you know?

I feel you should only send things to peoples jobs if you are really in the loop on how thier day to day works. Would be a shame for you to spend money and find out it did nothing but cause problems for her.
 BRDeb
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:22:10 PM
I for one would love it if a man I knew sent me flowers at work. Just send a little vase of spring flowers with a note attached wishing her a nice day and perhaps asking her to dinner. That way she will know your intentions. Don't go too over the top though since you're not a couple yet.
 Landra2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:49:12 PM
When the flowers arrive and her co-workers ask her who they're from, she's going to say "some guy I send emails/text messages back and forth" to but we aren't dating.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:18:41 PM
1 She will be thrilled (yet try and act like she isn't)because all the other women are getting them.
2 She will think you are weird and throw them away

3 If you do at least make it original..No red roses.
Pick another color or another flower.
 Former_Yamaha650_Rider
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/6/2012 3:04:40 PM
Don't do it. You will have plenty of opportunities to send flowers once you get to know her better and IF you hit it off.
Right now she might think you're comming on to strong and back off. You have everything to lose if you send even one rose but nothing to lose if you send none.
 zookie57
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/6/2012 3:21:34 PM

I don't want to scare her away. Considering how we haven't even hung out alone yet. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Unless your are a big spender who gets what they want too empress, to a good looking chickee-poo, let it go as the the regulars out there, don't not want to be just your arm candy.......

A warm hello that day is good enough if shes the real deal.......& don't worry about a reply or not,as u can only be u.........
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/6/2012 3:34:28 PM
Do not send flowers before you even meet someone for the first time. Save that for down the road.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Vday flowers to workplace