Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are glasses a turnoff?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stu1080
Msg: 1
Are glasses a turnoff?Page 1 of 1    
As you can see, I'm a guy who wears glasses, but I keep getting this bad feeling that women find it unattractive. I've already had someone suggesting that I upload a photo of me with my glasses off.

Also, I'm reluctant to wear contact lenses.

I'd also like to mention that I recently received a contact request from a woman on a dating site called oasisactive.com. At that time, I didn't have any photos. After I received the contact request, I uploaded the same photo that I use on here and also sent the woman a message thanking her for the contact request and that I'd love to chat sometime. But the next time I came online, she had removed me from her contacts. What did I do? Was it my glasses?
 Sunny_Coaster
Msg: 2
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/4/2012 11:38:48 PM
You're being too self conscious and looking for affirmation from external sources. You need to exude confidence yourself. There's nothing wrong with glasses, perhaps change up your frames for a different look. Get some better photos while your at it.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 3
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/4/2012 11:40:34 PM
It's unlikely that the woman on oasisactive.com removed you from her contacts because of your glasses. Glasses help you see better and thus relate to the other person better. I find it a huge put-off when guys don't wear their glasses and clearly can't see the person in front of them.

You look attractive to me, by the way. I quite like glasses. I have a pair (but only to use for computer work and reading).
 mrsforums
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/4/2012 11:41:50 PM
Stu,
We have no way of know what her reasons were for ending contact.

It could be glasses for her, but then she may prefer someone with more facial hair...everyone is different. If you wear glasses, you wear glasses.

I would suggest, that you put up a selection of photos of yourself so that you can be seen in different venues.

Not to be rude, but your smile seems quite forced in that photo, and comes across like you have your teeth clenched...maybe have someone else take your photo and relax a little.

MrsF
 ladypenelope007
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:56:08 AM
Nothing wrong with glasses at all, dont take it personal and that it was ur pic with ur glasses on that made her remove you from her contacts, there could be lots of reasons, dont read anything into it and have more confidence in yourself. And yes that picture does look a little forced, try putting few more up and looking more relaxed in yourself
 SexyKG74
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:06:31 AM
If I'm physically attracted to a guy, I will be into him whether he wears glasses or not. In the past, I've dated guys who wore "fashion eyeglasses" and/or needed prescription ones for distance. To me they looked hotter. I had a major crush on Christopher Reeve as kid, so you get where I'm going...

OP, you said once the woman saw photos of you, she removed you from her contact list...have you stopped to think she possibly did this because she didn't find you attractive in general, and it has NOTHING to do if you wear glasses or not?!
 aksdlfkjohwenponh
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:19:32 AM
I don't really use plenty of fish, but in the real world, let me tell you that as soon as I switched to wearing contacts I had a lot more success with women.
 CalypsoRach
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:25:58 AM
Stu,

Glasses are only a turn off when the person hasn't taken the consideration of what actually suits them in the style/frame. Which can either make you look yack or extremely sexy.

I have glasses too. I rarely take a picture with them on not because I think they look ugly but because the kind of attention it attracts.
 Munkeechi
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:26:26 AM

Not to be rude, but your smile seems quite forced in that photo, and comes across like you have your teeth clenched...maybe have someone else take your photo and relax a little.

I agree.. the "smile" in your picture almost looks like a sneer. It's probably nothing to do with your glasses but your picture almost makes you look like you're homicidal.
 scottey63
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:39:40 AM
Post a second pic of yourself without your glasses. Problem solved.

And get rid of the one you have here. You look like you're gritting your teeth, not smiling.
 daynadaze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:44:25 AM
It's not your glasses, and any woman who would ask you to remove them because they don't like them, you should tell to stick it sideways and block them. I mean really, your glasses, that's just lame. No one rejects someone they are interested in because they wear glasses.
 BearFish11
Msg: 12
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:14:10 AM

You're being too self conscious and looking for affirmation from external sources. You need to exude confidence yourself. There's nothing wrong with glasses, perhaps change up your frames for a different look. Get some better photos while your at it.

^^^^^
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:37:06 AM
If YOU feel that glasses are an issue, then get your eyes lasered.

I did, and I don't regret it.

I wish I would have done it a lot sooner
but then my children were a priority before I did something for a cosmetic purpose.

No glasses, opens the door to more activities.

Water skiing
Snow skiing
Snorkeling

Save your money as it is an expensive adventure.
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:43:40 AM
I like a man with glasses because when he takes them off he can't see my imperfections
 0ldhag
Msg: 15
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 10:04:40 AM
lol..no I don't think it was your glasses, they look fine

Maybe it was just the picture in general..try uploading some that make you look more flattering...
 kja71
Msg: 16
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 10:12:17 AM
At my age it's more of a turn off to be out to dinner with a man that obviously needs reading glasses to see the menu but doesn't use them for fear of looking old....

Glasses are definately not a turn off..
 iesha23
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:08:40 PM
The last guy I was dating wore glasses and he looked sooooo hot in them. :)
I also wear glasses but occasionally wear contacts. I've had lots of comments on my eyes weather I wear glasses or not, and have had a few people who actively ask me to wear my glasses but I've never had anyone ask me not to wear them. It's each to their own obviously, but I doubt anyone would be so turned off by glasses as to not date you. After all, if you didn;t wear them how would you know how beautiful she is
 Fandango
Msg: 18
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:36:41 PM
They can be.
Glasses have to look good on the person. If someone has the wrong kind for their face they look bad.
Your picture just looks bad in general because of your sneer and the angle.
 IVIaxy
Msg: 19
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:38:15 PM
I really don't think so. I have see some guys look super model like in glasses.
 bugse
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:54:09 PM
i think the shadows caught that smile wrong, if there is anything wrong with that pic.....try it at various angles, soften the shadows up.
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 21
Are glasses a turnoff?
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:18:41 PM
If the glasses look bad on the person, they can be a turnoff.

But I don't think yours look bad on you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are glasses a turnoff?