Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Getting healthy from being really unhealthy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JRBACS
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Getting healthy from being really unhealthyPage 1 of 1    
This is not a self pitty thread. I am 31 yrs old and am on home kidney dialysis. I am looking at trying to get into better shape, possibly run a half and do another things. Now of course I have spoken to my doctor, but was wondering if anyone out ther has or no someone who has put together a very good and activie lifestyle with this sort of background. Thanks!
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Getting healthy from being really unhealthy
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:51:55 AM
kidney dialysis is pretty severe health situation.... perhaps kidney donor will show up and this will enable you another chance to improve your health. Your limited in a severe way at present with not just the vast number of hours with treatment ( every night with peritonal water I suppose) but also diet issues, like with holding liquids orally.

You might start by walking in place 5 minutes every hour for 12 hours... adding one minute every week until you get to 10 minutes every hour...
then build up to 30 minute walk in place at home per day and see how that goes. Kidney dialysis is a pretty severe thing, your kidneys do not work, hence why you are on dialysis.
Remember to start VERY slow and build up slowly.. over weeks and months... start with walking for 6 months, every day for a few minutes.
You are going to be very prone to anemia with kidney problems, so running I think is not going to work for you.

is that alcohol your drinking in your pics? with kidney issues? that is kinda crazy thing to do with your health issues, isn;t it?

I also have severe health condition but not the one you have, or as severe. I have built up over 2 years to walk daily ( few miles) and it has helped a lot. I have to work on it daily, with that and the right diet... not always easy.

start slow, the anemia issue can really hurt you ( heart attack)
 0ldhag
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:38:08 AM
Your more in shape than most people..
Keep it up!
 ELIZABETHOFFAITH
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:13:17 AM
GOOD DOCTOR TO GET GOOD INFORMATION FROM IS DR. OZ

GOOGLE DR.OZ VERY VERY GOOD PERSON AND HE HAS A TV TALK SHOW

OTHER PLACE THAT HAVE GREAT INFORMATION IS KIDNEY ASSOCIATION.

DO U ALSO HAVE DIABITIES????

I PERSONALLY DONT KNOW COZ I WILL BE GOING WITH MU DAD FOR DIALYISIS

NOT AT THAT STAGE.

DIETION OR HEALTH FOOD STORE COULD HELP U WISH U ALL THE BEST OF GREAT HEALTH
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:41:45 AM
I am looking at trying to get into better shape, possibly run a half and do another things. Now of course I have spoken to my doctor, but was wondering if anyone out ther has or no someone who has put together a very good and activie lifestyle with this sort of background.

It does not matter how many people others know, you situation is unique to you and thus no one here can give you any information that is of any value.

Your more in shape than most people..
Keep it up!

I think you are confusing what is meant by "in shape", as there is no way anyone could determine from what the OP posted or even by looking at his profile as to what kind of shape he is in other then aesthetically.

GOOD DOCTOR TO GET GOOD INFORMATION FROM IS DR. OZ

Please stop posting in ALL caps.
 0ldhag
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:10:34 PM

I think you are confusing what is meant by "in shape", as there is no way anyone could determine from what the OP posted or even by looking at his profile as to what kind of shape he is in other then aesthetically.

Actually he is a good friend of mine, and not just a POF friend. He is in good shape.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:34:25 PM

Actually he is a good friend of mine, and not just a POF friend. He is in good shape.

So what is his VO2 Max?
 0ldhag
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:40:00 PM
^^^^I don't even know MY VO2 and yet I can run 8 miles without stopping.^^^

If that is in 'shape' or not, is up to you..it's relative.

But I know he runs marathons, and I don't even run maraothons. Again, it's all perspective.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/28/2012 1:25:09 PM

^^^^I don't even know MY VO2 and yet I can run 8 miles without stopping.^^^

It is not that hard to figure out.

If that is in 'shape' or not, is up to you..it's relative.

It (measured run) is pretty much meaningless with regards to general fitness as you would be more concerned with what is your max power output and for how long can you maintain it, and then factoring in how fast you can recover from it.

This can be tested while running on an incline or on a stationary bike.

But I know he runs marathons, and I don't even run maraothons. Again, it's all perspective.

If he runs marathons why is he asking about running a 1/2 marathon?

Also most people can complete a marathon given enough time. If you are running a sub 2:30 then yes one could say that person is in great shape.

You are correct though that it is all relative, as if everyone on the planet was in their optimal shape (either peak or regular) they would all have different abilities.

So your fitness should be measured at what your peak is.

Which we can not increase, as you can not get in better shape (fitness), all you can do is remove the things that are impeding you from reaching your peak.
 geequee1989
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/1/2012 8:51:53 PM
i lost about 60 pounds just from not eating fast food, and stay away from greasy food, but you do have to exercise regularly to gotta burn that fat that we have stored , stay away from pork and beef, they take alot longer to diegest and end up just becoming fat stored
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Getting healthy from being really unhealthy