Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How long should I wait for a guy to call?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 weathergirl123
Msg: 1
How long should I wait for a guy to call?Page 1 of 1    
I gave him my number on Wednesday...now it's Saturday. I've giving him one more day and then the "window" closes....right?
 Jaimes004
Msg: 2
How long should I wait for a guy to call?
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:28:42 PM
If that's what you feel is right, go with it.

If I had your number, I would call within 24 hours. It sounds like you are a back burner babe....sorry.
 weathergirl123
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:31:13 PM
ugh...ok, thanks for your advice
 Landra2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:32:59 PM
What do you mean by "wait"?
Go live your life, enjoy it, have fun, meet other guys, date, go out, have dinner, see your friends, go shopping, buy clothes and carry on.
If he calls, he calls. If he doesn't, he doesn't.
If he calls next week, he calls next week.
What difference does a "window" make when you're living your life?
 General-Public
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:33:22 PM
Ahhh Ms.Weather girl you apparently didn't get the memo, If you give a man your number on a Wednesday he will call you by Sunday, so you wont think he's desperate for a date or meeting, if he calls at 12 noon, he's going by the rules, if its after dinner well he has a few numbers on the side, if he doesn't call at all well you know the story.

Or the fool lost your number or the girlfriend/wife found the number and right now he is getting stitches in Emergency, give it till sunday, in the meanwhile go out and meet other guys, dont wait just go
 weathergirl123
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:35:03 PM
Yeah.. I'm definately living my life. But if I'm not important enough to call within a few days then he's out! I'm moving on... thanks for posting :)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:35:09 PM

Go live your life, enjoy it, have fun, meet other guys, date, go out, have dinner, see your friends, go shopping, buy clothes and carry on.

I couldn't agree more.

Go on with your life. If he wants to find you and you gave him means to contact, you're done all you can do. If by the time he calls, you don't remember who he is, then so be it. Ask "who is this?"
 weathergirl123
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:36:36 PM
lol....thanks. Hoping he lost the number. Thanks for the post
 weathergirl123
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:37:57 PM
Love the "who is this?" haha! Great!!
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:53:11 PM
I never realized there were rules or a timeline.
 JP1111
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:53:47 PM
With all due respect but, that's exactly things like that that burn me. When women give the guy the reigns and then complain about where it's going.

If you had his number, would you have called him yet? I think you would have so, why don't you get it?
 weathergirl123
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:57:40 PM
I feel weird about getting a guys number. I just think if a guy takes the time to talk to you and get your number then he should call within a reasonable amount of time. Thanks for your post...no harm done :)
 General-Public
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/11/2012 9:02:04 PM
How old is this guy? and where did you meet him? Im betting this dumb * beep* is playing by the " how to be a man 101, when meeting a woman" and tell him the dumb *beep* to toss the damn book out.

Today is different someone give you there number you call them within 24 hours unless you are busy .
 weathergirl123
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/11/2012 9:03:52 PM
I like your response!! Thanks!
 spartanx
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:11:53 PM
uh no.. not really, this isnt the 80's or 90's giving a guy ur numbers is nothing, its almost like email or facebook now, if he wants to get a hold of u he will, and whether it 3 months later or whatever..its up to u to decide if u still want to see him, but he wont see it as having a deadline
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:21:28 PM

I could not have said it better.

Yeah.. I'm definately living my life. But if I'm not important enough to call within a few days then he's out! I'm moving on... thanks for posting :)

I think that you are viewing this from the wrong point of view here. You are not that important to him yet. He does not know you. You are just another woman to him at this point. Why would you be more? Don't put so much importance on this. If and when he calls, he calls. It's really not that big a deal.
 a_lonewolf
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/11/2012 11:30:02 PM

I think that you are viewing this from the wrong point of view here. You are not that important to him yet. He does not know you. You are just another woman to him at this point. Why would you be more? Don't put so much importance on this. If and when he calls, he calls. It's really not that big a deal

I have to agree with this. So far you are a nobody to him. Who knows, maybe he had seen the light already, afterall if you are already having a hissy fit about him not calling promptly enough, well......
 no_grenades
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:05:52 AM
oh no. another woman that can't take the hint and move on.
 luvspjs
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:57:20 AM
dont ever wait no matter how much attraction or lust there is for him. He's not in any rush for you so why be in a waiting rush for him.
 dogatron
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/12/2012 1:34:37 AM
window? wtf with the rules. OP, you're a complete retard.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How long should I wait for a guy to call?