Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barbie1000
Msg: 1
Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am interested to know how men feel about older women. I know men can hold different views about this, but does age really matter? Do tell!
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 2
Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?
Posted: 2/12/2012 9:09:16 AM
My mom is 55. She's dating a guy, 41. He's really nice and all, it was just weird for me to get used to at first. But I can see he really does adore her.
 cawara
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 9:54:04 AM
How much older? 5 years ok,10 years no way would feel like I'm dating an aunt
 zoebones
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:24:23 PM
Well things depend on a few things for me. Like does she have money, a boat a retreat cabin somewhere?
 truckerburban
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/12/2012 10:56:11 PM
I have dated older and younger. To me it depends on how she makes me feel
 Russ1954
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/19/2012 1:36:33 PM
It's all good as long as neither of us feels like we are babysitting or that we are from different planets.

What's not ok is lying about it.
 frenchcanadian
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/19/2012 2:11:23 PM
I can't speak for all men but I think it does'nt realy matter, too many factors that are more important, for example let say an older person that likes to follow pop culture might be more attracted to someone younger because they would have more things in common, it's more about how young at heart you are more then age.
 mountainviewer180
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 7:45:55 PM
your question isn't sepcific enough.... if it's sexual part of a relationship that you are wondering about in regards to older age then your man would have to find you sexy, and the older someone is, less sexy they become but even then sexiness too can be broken down into many categories so once again, your question is kind of abstract, it's much easier to ask your boyfriend what they think of you, overall however, in today's superficial culture and the way standards are, younger women are more appealing to most men.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:53:07 PM
^^^^^ Eh?^^^^^^

"...and the older someone is, less sexy they become..."...... WHAT?

we talking sex?

I for one don't believe for one moment that OLD gals like me are getting less sexy with age...pffffffffffffft!

I've noticed that men really don't care how old you are when you meet them... until you tell them the number and then they start overthinking things...and doing the math.... Oy Vey..the Math....and then there is the New Math.. you know what I mean...the 50 is the new 40..... and .... 80 is the new 50...blah blah blah.....
 Walts
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2012 7:55:27 PM
younger women are more appealing to most men.

Says a man of 27 solid years on this earth????? Really??? How did you happen upon this wisdom?????

Age is all relative.

I've seen some very unattractive young people in my life. Hell, I saw a whole lot of em the last game of the Stanely Cup playoffs in downtown Vancouver in fact. A lot of those fems thought they were "hot" at the start of that seven game. Didn't look so good 5 hours later.
 guynextdoor4u
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/29/2012 2:23:23 PM
As a general rule I don't tend to date older women simply because I look much younger than my actual age (52) and many women my age look old enough to be my mom... lol...

That said, to me it's not about a number... IF I met someone who was older and she had a youthful appearance and had taken good care of herself, I'd have no problem with dating her as long as there was an attraction there.

The age thing IS obviously an issue for women though too... my selected age range here is 30-50 and it was really surprising to get a couple of replies from older ladies or those who are around my age saying "so you like the young ones, huh?"

They totally ignored I had said 50 was fine and keyed on the lower number when in fact to me it is about meeting someone I am attracted to, not age and seemed to be very insecure about their age...

Perhaps age matters more to the women here than it does the guys???
 Angela_Amazing
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/29/2012 3:31:30 PM
Like a fellow poster stated, age is all relevant. To me, if the person is a good fit age wouldn't bother me at all. I have been in relationships where the guy was MUCH older, and let me tell you those didn't work (I was also MUCH younger at the time) Live and learn right?
 Sin*ful
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:10:35 PM
I am not a man but I think I can speak for them..as far as a great time and feeling each other men seem to bond with older women..but when the matter comes down to life long relationships and kids the older woman after 5 years or so is shyt out of luck ..and as much as he loves her ..he is NOT IN LOVE WITH HER!!!!!!> NOW THAT IS THE TRUTH
 Sin*ful
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:15:38 PM
BUT.. THERE ARE MOMENTS..if you want to capture these moments then i will write them in the poetry column..they are meant to be heard so that all of you can understand why a younger man left you but is not in love with you but STILL LOVES YOU!!!!
 adora71
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:32:25 PM
I don't think age matters as much as life stages.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:42:52 PM
i kissed a 47 year old a couple weeks ago.

felt like i was kissing a grandma.

k.w.
meh

Messages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be posted
 freeborn33
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:06:01 AM
yes i belirve it makes a difference, depending on the age difference, 20 to 40 after abit there is nothing in common but sex..i like an even conversation with my date.....
 CharminC
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2012 11:35:05 AM
I've yet to know or hear of a man faithfully remaining with a women 10 years or more older. Unless, that is, she is a damn fine looking woman to keep the interest alive. Notice I said interest?
In my opinion, there is no love. Respect, a mutual "like" but not love in the real sense.
But then again, love could happen. Rare, but it could. Til then... it's all fun. That much I know thanks to my roaring fun-filled Thirties

I should add though that regardless of age, creed, ....whatever!!!....if you both fall in love, awesome!

Oh and to the young fella who states women loses sexiness with age.
buahahhahahhahahaaaaaa! *wipes a tear* hhahhhahahaaaaa!
Oh lordy I could list a pile of names of "old" and still dayum sexy women.
 esp60
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 1:22:18 PM
as far as i can tell,there is no math in a good relationship...it just is.
 DameWrite
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 8:14:01 PM
Believe it or not there are actually men out there that do not put young looks as a priority. They are not blind to gravity's pull, or to the wrinkles or to the grey hairs, they actually just don't give a sh*t about such things. They just go for whom they feel comfortable with no matter what others may think. They are way cooler than most people give them credit for and they don't necessarily have hidden agendas.
They just don't believe old means ugly.
 WantMeHun
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:39:30 AM
Absolutely not, as long as you and that person have good chemistry it shouldn't be a problem. Older women are just as attractive if not more, they tend to have more confidence and carry themselves well.
 Aevalise
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:43:42 PM
I dated a guy who was 8 years older than myself. Things went well. Had lots in common etc etc. We were friends before, and decided to end it on our own terms. We went back to being friends...then he decided to date a girl who is 22 yrs younger than him. She seems nice enough, but from my own experience as a 20 yr old girl (way back when!), at 20, I really had nothing to offer, in the way of a lasting relationship, other than sex and the odd intellectual conversation.

In some cases age doesn't matters, but when the gap is like that (20yr old and a 42 yr old) it just doesn't seem right, in my own personal opinion...
 IslandRaven
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/18/2012 6:21:29 PM

A man of 42 say's "I kissed a woman of 47 and felt like I was kissing a grandma "

Two words - grey hair Truth - you look older than 47

A woman who claims to think like all men say's " as far as a great time and feeling each other men seem to bond with older women..but when the matter comes down to life long relationships and kids the older woman after 5 years or so is shyt out of luck ..and as much as he loves her ..he is NOT IN LOVE WITH HER!!!!!!> NOW THAT IS THE TRUTH

^^^^ just over all dumb*ss comment so whats the point

As a general rule I don't tend to date older women simply because I look much younger than my actual age (52) and many women my age look old enough to be my mom... lol...

^^^^^ yeah right , if I had a nickle for every time we women have heard that line ...and whats the point exactly anyway ?? You look young ( your opinion ) so naturally you must go younger ?

This thread is as redundant and pointless as the " do men like curvy women " post . Thank you Walt for having one of the better replies and giving a much needed thump on the head to a 27 yr old , but over all the forums are really becoming reduced to Jerry Springer mentality with threads like this - there is no right answer or truth to be found by polling the masses. Every relationship and connection is unique and this accounts for age , size and making any kind of sense of attraction as a whole

Island RaVen
 forsaken_
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/19/2012 9:28:34 PM
She would have to be within 10 year range. I can't see someone older than that having similar interest and I want to grow old together not watch her grow old.
 xwcrpg007
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 11:56:36 PM
Does age matter ?

That depends on whom is doing the assessment ? Is it the involved parties ? Is it the family or friends of one or both the people involved ? In the end it depends more on perspective than the question itself !

Consider this: Love knows no bounds...... That is literal and has billions of cases throughout history to back it up..... If you look at it that way then age matters not even a smidgen (outside of legal classifications obviously)..... I had a cousin who married someone about 15 years her senior - and they are still married, with kids and still happy..... So is it wrong ? If they are happy who are we to judge ?

Consider this: If either of the people in a loving relationship look to us and our condemnation of their love - and give in - and break it off ? Then did we not do a disservice to love ? I mean they were happy - only we broke it because our opinion did not allow that they should be together ? Is that right ?

Now obviously there are cases where age is more a question of convenience rather than love itself being part of the picture...... You have "golddiggers" taking advantage of age to make themselves wealthy and/or comfortable (works both ways women AND men don't think I am being cliche here)....... You have cougers (in the case of older women preying on young boy-toys), or mid-lifers (men in their 40s preying on young women)........ All of these make cases for age BEING a factor and thus the relationship is not an ideal one.

Ok - so there is my long winded opinion - take it as thou wilt !
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?