Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MysticalWorld
Msg: 1
view profile
History
WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I’m an American guy; single in his 30’s. My friends encourage me to get out of here (small town Tennessee) before I get stuck. They suggest Memphis or Nashville. I’m now thinking there are NO LIMITS. I could move ANYWHERE. I have no kids, no current girlfriend, no close surviving family members, no business of my own, no real estate & no debt. And I have some savings to live off comfortably for quite a while.

I could give up my job later this spring, and then find another similar one (or even a lower-paying one) in practically any US city. I've worked in Sales; I make a middle-class income. So "Beverly Hills" is not realistic for me.

If in my shoes, where would you relocate in the USA? It can be any place from a small town to a large metro area. Maybe you’ve once lived in a dream city, or you currently live in your perfect town right now. Please share. Thanks.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
 63Bob63
Msg: 3
WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:34:29 PM
I have always liked the Flagstaff area of Arizona!!
 Ailliss
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:55:02 AM
I think everyone should live in a large city at least for a while.
So, I suggest NYC; in its heart; Manhattan.

My second choice would be the South Bay Area near Los Angeles.
Believe me you would not like Beverly Hills; nice place to shop but not to live, even if you were a billionaire.
 laskoboo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 5:39:43 AM
You should go to a huge metro city ........... like NYC or Los Angeles. Small town is not a good choice. Memphis and nashville are good options too.
Where you do not want to go is Florida. Noty just the economy, the humidity, all the druggies...... but the overinflation.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/13/2012 9:30:44 AM
It depends on what kind of weather and what kind of physical environment you want. I think the Seattle metropolitan area is pretty great, if you like water and water sports, and other outdoor sports. Seattle is situated on a huge bay and also has two very large lakes within the metro area. Both states in the PNW have the ocean, mountains, and desert. There is hiking, skiing, and water sports. Also, the scenery is quite beautiful. It rains a lot though--that's why it's so friggin green. Seattle is only a 3 hour drive from Vancouver, Canada or Portland, Oregon. There are the San Juan Islands, Olympic National Park which is a rain forest, Mount Saint Helens in nearby and you can see Mount Rainier from downtown, on a clear day.
 lacalli
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/14/2012 7:58:23 PM

second choice would be the South Bay Area near Los Angeles.

Shhh...for crying out loud, we finally got the traffic on PCH down to a manageable level and you have to go telling the whole world about us. Did you know that MB/PV/parts of RB are sometimes more expensive than BH?
I think OP should move to Mexico, the beer is cheap.
 Ailliss
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/16/2012 1:22:56 AM

Shhh...for crying out loud, we finally got the traffic on PCH down to a manageable level and you have to go telling the whole world about us. Did you know that MB/PV/parts of RB are sometimes more expensive than BH?
I think OP should move to Mexico, the beer is cheap.

Ha, Ha. Heck yes I know that we are often more expensive, and rightly so. We are waay more desirable. But you are right, no more revelations or recommendations to join us.
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:38:12 PM
If you are looking for a big city try Chicago, not nearly as expensive as New York, looking to stay in the South I would look at Tampa, Fort Collins Colorado is a fair sized city close to the mountains, St George Utah if you are looking for a medium sized town in the southwest.
 HuggableHarry
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/18/2012 5:10:14 PM
Not from USA so your guess s a good as mine. If choice was anywhere in the world.

In Europe, it would have to be Amsterdam or London
In Asia, Singapore
In Middle East Dubai or Abu Dhabi (any where in emirates really)
In Africa probably Rabaat in Morocco
Oh Yes Calgary in Canada

0ldhag
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/19/2012 8:03:18 AM
If my only option was the US, then hands-down, the place i'd live would be Savannah, Georgia.

I've never come across a city with so much "something I can't even explain it".

Otherwise, i'd choose overseas: Amsterdam, Zurich, Edinburgh, Rome, Kabul...anywhere :)
 CaboJim
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:17:02 AM
I moved to Mexico 6 years ago near Cabo San Lucas. I love it. All the freedoms we use to have in the states.
 lacalli
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:31:48 AM
Colorado has lots of great cities with people in your age group.
 DAZMAN87
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/20/2012 1:50:17 AM
*Vancouver Island BC
*Kelowna BC
*Calgary AB
*Regina Sask
*Brandon MB
USA
*Lincoln Nebraska
*Sacramento Califprnia
*Everett Washington
*Philadelphia Pennsylvania
World
*Cape Town SouthAfrica
*Dresden Germany
*Mancester UK
 bhawk01
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 5:11:59 AM
Dubai, i would definitely suggest anywhere in the UAE but dubai and abu dhabi are both amazing places and the standard of life there is amazing!
 buckylv
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:33:28 AM
The west is the best. Seriously, i've lived all over the US and would never consider living anywhere east of Colorado. I would just throw a dart on a map anywhere in the west and head out.
 dhines82
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:21:06 AM
Fairbanks Alaska.......... Seriously!!!!!
 Seakyttten
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:33:39 AM
I live in a dream city, op. Palma Sola, Florida on the West coast is a quiet little place on the Gulf coast with white sand beaches and a community atmosphere unlike the big cities of Tampa and Sarasota.

I live on a small barrier island between Bradenton, Florida and Anna Maria Island and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Orlando is two hours away and the Keys are about 4 hours South of me. The wage scale is much lower here than up North but it's made up in the happiness and serenity you feel when you can walk on the beach every day knowing you're finally 'home'. The only prerequisite to living here is loving the water and being able to deal with the warm climate and the jurassic nature of our flora and fauna. In other words, don't be surprised when you find 'gator' eggs underneath your SUV during mating season...

I have no problem with either one. Hope this helps.

Seakytten
 SILady10306
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:25:05 PM
I live in NYC....it's the best city in the world. They say if you can make it here...well, you know the song.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:37:30 AM
I live in FL, I will always stay in FL, since i can not live away from the ocean, but in the summer i often dream about running away, lol. Maybe Alaska?
 Nixon79
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:43:22 AM
I would,without a blink, up sticks and move to Canada, Alberta area.
 KorageHu
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 10:24:56 PM
,e go vegas i will go to vegas.
 out_of_touch
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/5/2012 3:42:12 PM
Mystical,
Since you state in your profile your town is 'too small' go out into the world and try out the cities. May or may not fit your style. People really do act differently.

My suggestion would be to stay away from Coastlines and major cities. The safest place to be is in a small town out in the country. Wait till they try to take your gun.

Southern boys are needed out here in the country.
 floridian407
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:30:03 PM
Hawaii is the only place in the USA, but was told its costly and run by the Chinese and the Japanese by someone who used to live there. So for myself it would have to be an non US island somewhere else, preferably Polynesian or similar...Tired of city noise, rather hear tropical birds instead. Yes, preferably one with people and some amenities at least...City noise, however, is not one I need. Friendly people, fresh food and at least one pretty beach would be good, though..
 floridian407
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:37:02 PM
Hi ailliss;

After seeing a TV show about that area, I think I'd agree with you...I've been to California, and there's a great deal of natural beauty there, but I'm not big on that kind of area, probably because I know I'd never fit in there, which is cool. I'm still a beach person, always will be.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns