Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > girls who give you their number but are taken -why      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lowell_3900
Msg: 1
girls who give you their number but are taken -whyPage 1 of 1    
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 am
not sure why girls give you number and then they have a bf. i respect the ones that tell me i cant see you or i cant meet you since i have bf.

i texted one i met a wk ago at my local gym. she says she cant meet me since its V day and she has plans-meaning she has a bf . this bf is in vancouver i believve. shes been here for a long time. not sure i want to go for her since im at that gym like 2xs a wk and sometimes more. dont want drama or bf violence lol

another one-we went out to the park and walk around. in the middle of the day 2 she mentions she usually on skype talking to bf back home. huh.
her bf is back in japan

so why did you even meet up with me in the first place. i think they just want attention/bored .

what kind of guy goes up to a girl and asks for her number and wants to hang out as friends. and on top of it goes direct too.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 2
girls who give you their number but are taken -why
Posted: 2/14/2012 1:07:52 PM
Unless they're holding your hand or doing something that suggests something beyond friendship, I think it's fair to assume they think it is friendship. I had a college friend who wanted us to go out on a Friday night to catch up (I was gone for a couple months), though I turned down the offer at the time thinking she was single - I would have gone if I had known she had a BF. Different side of the same coin I guess.
 BeeRad82
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:23:17 PM
Because they have no concept of boundaries... or are looking for a third.
 angiepangiepuddingandpie
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:36:46 PM
I don't know about you, but I enjoy something called "friendship." Maybe these girls are just looking to hang out?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/14/2012 4:56:06 PM
Another possibility is that they are simply enjoying dating and not in a committed relationship.

The young lady having plans for Valentine's Day does not mean she's in a relationship. It could simply be that someone asked her for a date this evening and she accepted. Had you asked her first, she might have had to decline someone else's offer.
 Spank_Me_Honey
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:37:58 PM

Means absolutely nothing. She is still fair game.

Great way of thinking if you want to get yourself permanently disabled physically and mentally by making a move on my GF ( if I had one and the situation arose )

If you want to revert to being nothing more than an animal driven by instinct and be a predatory type male be prepared for the consequences of your audacity and disrespect.

Would you seriously take the risk ?
 eightbitzero
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:51:08 PM
UncleZeus...

You're an idiot in my opinion and obviously you have no respect. Im suprised you can still smile in your picture. You should of had your teeth knocked in a looooong time ago.

Harsh but there is a thing called RESPECT. If a woman wants to get 'railed' while being with a guy, shes obviously a slut. Now Zeus, if you're into sluts, by all means go STD it up. But seriously. Dont bring the immaturity to an adult conversation.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/14/2012 6:41:30 PM

UncleZeus...

You're an idiot in my opinion and obviously you have no respect. Im suprised you can still smile in your picture. You should of had your teeth knocked in a looooong time ago.

Harsh but there is a thing called RESPECT. If a woman wants to get 'railed' while being with a guy, shes obviously a slut. Now Zeus, if you're into sluts, by all means go STD it up. But seriously. Dont bring the immaturity to an adult conversation.

I think he's under the impression he's being funny or something. I honestly don't know how he hasn't been banned yet with some of the posts he's made.
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/14/2012 7:14:42 PM
Uncle Zeus wrote: A girl, having a boyfriend, means nothing.
He is only a place holder for someone better to come along.

Will mean something if the boyfriend is dangerous or pretty big and snaps your neck. Then you can call the woman from your wheelchair.
 luvspjs
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/14/2012 7:34:00 PM
maybe ask them if they have a bf sooner then later then youll find out!
 Pequaman45
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/14/2012 8:37:49 PM
What emotional trigger makes you attracted to one man over another?
 psytle
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:42:02 PM
Women who give their number even when they are still taken are looking for you to do their homework or actual work work.

At least that's what it has been with me. :P
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:40:28 PM
They just like when you call them and give them attention.

what kind of guy goes up to a girl and asks for her number and wants to hang out as friends.

Believe me, I've been on the other end of this nonsense. It baffles me how many people love sending out emails and/or flirt, and when you take the initiative, they act like they don't know who the fek is on the other end. Understandable, since those kind of people spend their time sitting by the phone instead of actually interacting. It's funny when they keep texting you, wondering who the heck is texting back. Those people give their numbers out to EVERYONE.
 AngelWithGuns
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/16/2012 5:11:28 AM
I am with PutYouOnBlast on this one....men do this as well. Taken or not, they hand their numbers out to anyone. I get a minimum of 5 emails a day * here, text me at your leisure *. For what?? Why do I want to call or text with ANYONE I have no thought process of even meeting or interested in?

I think it is odd, but with the way technology is today, people are addicted and livc in the back up system, and just talk to so many people, no one even cares anymore.

If i am with a guy, no, I am NOT handing the number out. Heck, even single I don't !! I have to really want that person contacting me.
 _Kites_
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/16/2012 6:44:36 AM

If you want to revert to being nothing more than an animal driven by instinct and be a predatory type male be prepared for the consequences of your audacity and disrespect.
This statement is a bit hypocritical, right? If your girlfriend is giving her number out and you're beating up the guys she obliges, what instinct are you following? Ug, ug.. my girl! Ug, ug! She's using you like an ox to pull the plow.

If a girl is giving her number out while she has a boyfriend, she is bad juice - rancid juice. Ick. It's amazing that somebody would suggest - oh, she just wants to be your friend. Perhaps she's looking to cheat on her boyfriend.. ever thunk it?

Because she is still fair game!
 funinsun32
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:29:51 AM
No matter if she is bored or lonely, if she has a "boyfriend" then she shouldn't do it... Just my opinion. She obviously lacks respect for herself and her "boyfriend". I live by the Golden Rule. I certainly wouldn't want my "boyfriend" (if I ever get one again) handing his number out.
 Landra2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:21:59 AM
Because kids your generation and younger think nothing of having a bunch of friends from facebook, hang out rather than date, sleep in the same bed together (as friends), have sex with friends they aren't dating, etc. etc.
It's just how you kids roll.
 funinsun32
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:25:50 AM
Because kids your generation and younger think nothing of having a bunch of friends from facebook, hang out rather than date, sleep in the same bed together (as friends), have sex with friends they aren't dating, etc. etc.
It's just how you kids roll.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^AHEM!! Nice generalization Landra but I am only a tad older than the OP. I don't think it's an age thing at all but more of a moral stand point and character of the individual. I have had PLENTY of guy that are a good 8-10 yrs older than myself looking for the casual encounter. Would it be fair for me to assume that all guys in their 40's are just looking for that?
 Landra2
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:28:55 AM
Thank you very much!

pjinmd67
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:52:59 AM

The best I think we can say is, poor judgement. The rest is speculation.

And as an attorney you are possibly no stranger to peoples' inexplicable oddities.
You are still young and have much going for you, don't dwell on the flaky stuff that happens.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > girls who give you their number but are taken -why