Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > why do some girls act so high and mighty, they want us to chase?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chriswalk1234
Msg: 1
why do some girls act so high and mighty, they want us to chase?Page 1 of 1    
just wonder,,why some girls, ladies,,act so snobbish,,do they want us to beg,,but this seem to be only American girls,,seems that others from poorer countries are more happy and smile more and are not scared to say hi back when we speak,,,this is not just my question to you girls ,,but it has been talked about for years among us men..it is true ladies,,that's the way we see alot,,not all of you.
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why do some girls act so high and mighty, they want us to chase?
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:05:48 PM
They aren't interested in you, and that seems to bug you to no end, but the fact is, they don't care and no amount of whining about it will get you a date with them. They are not interested in you.

I think you will find that women from poor countries aren't going to all want you either, but if you have better luck with poorer women, then stop wasting your time bashing those who don't want you and spend your time finding those poor, excepting women.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:16:01 PM
Begging is only fun in the bedroom.
If they appear standoffish, they are. They are not being snobs they are just not interested in you.
 Jimbonator62
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:16:12 PM
That's the way you and your beer buddies see it, don't include thinking men when you say "us men."
 Julieloveshockey
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:21:48 PM
Gosh..Are we obliged to talk to everyone who wants to talk to us for as long as they want? And if we don't we are snobs? A snob if we said "You're not (wealthy, good looking,tall, built, whatever) enough. Have women actually said that? Like anyone, we are adults and get to choose who and how long to talk. Actually, if we don't want to talk to you, we don't want you to chase us....that simple. You shouldn't take it as such a personal rejection,do you want to talk with any and everyone who wants to talk to you? Hopefully women are polite, but we DO have the choice to talk or not.
 MssCrystal
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:37:45 PM
What you describe is how some men act as well. If you want to know why some women act like that ask them.
 inbruges
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:41:54 PM
Yes, OP --
It really doesn't matter how attracted you are to a woman. It only matters if a woman is attracted to you.

You may get a date with someone who's not that interested, and maybe you can win her over, but over the long haul being with a woman who's not that into you is painful.

Don't waste your time and money on gals who aren't interested. Its easier anyway to look for and talk to gals who are open to you.
 OSGF
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:51:23 PM
Because women from poorer countries have lower standards. Kind of like a starving dog....it can't be picky so it will eat anything when given the chance.
 funinsun32
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:04:21 PM
As previously stated... NOT INTERESTED IN YOU. And if she is "polite" about it you may mistake her being nice and polite as a welcoming nature.
Women in poorer countries? How many of these "poorer countries" have you been to so that you could make this brilliant assumption that most American women are snobs?
 bwena
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:31:19 PM
It is not always that we are not interested. I probably don't seem that friendly towards men because I've been treated badly and I don't trust men. Sometimes if a guy smiles at me in that way that I know he is sexually attracted, I will avoid making eye contact. I'm looking for more than a roll in the hay and I don't want to give him any ideas. However, if a guy takes the time to be nice to me and act friendly and not lecherous, I might give him my attention.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:32:14 PM

just wonder,,why some girls, ladies,,act so snobbish,,do they want us to beg,,but this seem to be only American girls,,seems that others from poorer countries are more happy and smile more and are not scared to say hi back when we speak,,

Wow, you can see all this from the state you live in?

,this is not just my question to you girls ,,but it has been talked about for years among us men

Maybe mail-ordering brides.

Did it not occur to you that what you perceive as snobbish, is what a woman calls ignoring you? If a woman is not interested in you, she will not smile, contact, or even say 'hello'. On the other hand, what is going on in poor countries is most likely thought of us as a free-pass-their-ass out of that country.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:43:00 PM

just wonder,,why some girls, ladies,,act so snobbish,,do they want us to beg,,but this seem to be only American girls,,seems that others from poorer countries are more happy and smile more and are not scared to say hi back when we speak,,,this is not just my question to you girls ,,but it has been talked about for years among us men..it is true ladies,,that's the way we see alot,,not all of you.

Alex I will take "Things I have not thought all the way through" for $600 please.
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:58:41 PM
You didn't ask any of the men in my circle of friends.

Up your picker.
 _Kites_
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:15:27 PM
I agree with the OP. I think what he's saying is that there's something about American women that makes them more conceded than women from other countries and American men have taken notice.

The difference is in our culture. It's not their fault.. they grew up being told that they are "equal" to men, which is true, but they've also learned that for centuries men have oppressed women and treated them like dirt, which is totally untrue. So what you're seeing is this belief system that has evolved into the snobbish, entitlement driven attitude that OP has experienced. To throw an example out there - I'd expect women, a hundred years from now, to believe that the men of today were all perverted, homophobic, creepy pedophiles that stalked the internet and cheated on their wives, which is totally untrue except for a small percentage.

Every movement that has occurred in this country started out small.. started out with a small percentage of the people pushing for legislation to make their lives better - changing people's belief systems. However there are a few exceptions like the movement to end slavery which resulted in our bloodiest war. In that situation there were obvious, wide spread injustices that people sacrificed their lives for to correct.

(just my opinion)
 part deux
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:36:25 PM
Women in the developping world have little access to work that pays a living wage. Often , western men seem like a way out of abject poverty. There is a reason they are
'nice' to random strangers.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:16:07 PM
To answer your question, because some people respond to that. I LOVE to chase. I don't like to chase someone that has no interest in being caught and I don't like to be played, but I like to flirt. I like the repartee. I like the feeling of risk and possible failure.
If I were to approach a woman in a bar and she gives me a witty jab but keeps the conversation open and is obviously interested in continuing, I am happy as a pig in doo-doo.

Differnt strokes for different folks sir. Frankly, just don't take it so personally. Dating is supposed to be fun. If you are not enjoying it, then you are doing it wrong.
 CalypsoRach
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:21:08 AM
I'm not being rude OP but chasing women make us aware you are interested.I was brought up that's the way men show they are really interested in you. I wouldn't say it's conceited. Just the way some of us are brought up. Please try to understand that.

Some of us are aware that times have changed and we do chase back because we realise men need to see we are interested too. I wouldn't say I am from a poorer country just a country with a different culture.

I also don't think this is defined to women. Some men expect us to chase them without them showing an interest also.

Perhaps it's more of a case you are chasing women that are not interested in you.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:36:23 AM
So....women from poor countries are deemed "not scared" when they talk to you, but American women are deemed "snobbish" when they do? I dont get it.
 114M3
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/18/2012 2:02:59 AM

just wonder,,why some girls, ladies,,act so snobbish,,do they want us to beg,,but this seem to be only American girls,,seems that others from poorer countries are more happy and smile more and are not scared to say hi back when we speak,,

What gives you the notion that a woman who is un-responsive to your email/advances = she is snobbish or that she even wants you to "beg" for her attention?.... Let me guess? ..... Perhaps she simply just isn't interested in you? .. Maybe she's met one too may creeps out there who mistook her smile and responsive manner as a "green light" for her being interested (in a romantic manner) thus no response is the most simple and quickest way to not make a leeway for the creeps to crawl in. ...

I myself can testify to this since I usually tend to be an open and friendly person. ... I've had guys in the past (IRL) mistake my friendliness for "being interested in them in a romantic manner" .... sometimes I've had to completely cut-off even being on friendly terms with certain men because I had to tell them "I don't think of you that way" and then it gets awkward for the both of us. Go figure.

*Cowboy*
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:24:28 AM

just wonder,,why some girls, ladies,,act so snobbish,,do they want us to beg,
uhhhh my bet is that it has nothing to do with being snobbish at all. They are not interested in you. They dont speak to you because they want you to simply go away. Just take the hint and move on.

this is not just my question to you girls ,,but it has been talked about for years among us men
No really it has not been. Maybe only certain guys sit around whining and consumed about gals ignoring them. They are ignoring you for a reason I promise.

Cowboy
 soicat
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/18/2012 5:32:18 AM
Women in the developping world have little access to work that pays a living wage. Often , western men seem like a way out of abject poverty. There is a reason they are
'nice' to random strangers.

It has nothing to do with poverty, or the desire to date Western men. In much of S.E. Asia, for example, women strive to be seen as being sweet, polite, sexy, and delightful. This is part of their culture, and how they come out of the box. So even women who would never date a foreigner are charming when interacting with them.

Women in the West strive to be equal to men. They see these same qualities as weakness.

There are exceptions - there are some real sweethearts in the West, and you'll run into Westernized Asian women in Manila and Bangkok - but this is how the defaults are set.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > why do some girls act so high and mighty, they want us to chase?