Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do you get shy around girls you find attractive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SpleenPoetry
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you get shy around girls you find attractive?Page 1 of 1    
Do you talk less to a girl you find attractive than to girls you're not attracted to? If yes, do you get shy only when you're really in love, or even before you're in love but when you just find her interesting/attractive (but no butterflies yet :P)

It's that way for me (I'm a girl btw), when I'm in the same group as a guy I find attractive, I don't talk to him a lot. I do talk a lot and find it easy to talk to guys I'm not attracted to.

There was a guy in a wall climbing course (I wrote about that earlier) and when I had to climb together with him, he wouldn't talk a lot to me at all. The last day of the course he did however come up to talk to me and invite me to go climbing together sometime after the course had finished.

So I don't know why he didn't talk to me a lot/was so quiet around me...was it shyness or was he not very interested...
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do you get shy around girls you find attractive?
Posted: 2/19/2012 12:02:17 PM
That's the thing about silence. Despite the old saying, it does not "speak volumes," unless a lot of groundwork is laid first.

The answer to your query is, you have to know a person extremely well to be able to guess what it might mean or not mean when they are not talking. You are really going to have to give up getting us to guess about this guy for you sooner or later, and take the risk required to find out first hand.
 JP1111
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 12:11:40 PM

was it shyness or was he not very interested

Does it really matter? Bottom line here is how do YOU feel? You should act on THAT only.
 johnnylange
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 12:15:31 PM
You should take him on the offer to go climbing.
 SpleenPoetry
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 12:22:27 PM
I did, but he is injured because of playing sports at the moment...so I have to wait

I'm just curious to know in general if some guys get very quiet around girls they like, whereas they have no problem talking a lot to other girls.

(of course also because the guy I like was so quiet around me...and I get quiet and really shy around guys I like myself too, and I hate that, they often think I'm uninterested)
 pjinmd67
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/19/2012 12:25:07 PM
From the info, and advice given to you, in your previous posts... our best guess is there is a decent chance he was interested and possibly still is. If he talked to you and invited you on the last day he sees you as companionable. In what way no one but him knows for sure.

But, again, 1) everything here remains speculation and 2) probably something won't happen... until you re-initiate contact. He is not likely reading your posts. After mulling over this for days now, it's probably best to decide to act or pitch the thing. Good luck
 johnnylange
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 2:08:31 PM
Make plans to do something else then.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 2:34:51 PM
Everybody behaves differently around people they're attracted to. Some people get quiet and some people can't stop blabbering. You need to figure out which type your guy is.

Pay attention to how he is around other women. If his behaviour is exactly the opposite, i.e. he is chatty and friendly around other women but quiet around you, there is a good chance he is attracted to you. Another sign is if you catch him peeking at you a lot.
 neck romancer
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 3:40:02 PM
yes I react exactly as you stated... but with him we can only guess. Your best bet is to make a move yourself.
 lumpenluv
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/19/2012 3:41:43 PM
Hot Indian / Trini / Desi / Guyanese women make my knees feel kind of week and I generally lose my game a bit around them lol
 BeeRad82
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/19/2012 5:37:13 PM
In short, yep (shy around women I'm attracted to) and yep (completely comfortable around those I'm not)... eventually I'll work through it out of fear of a missed opportunity.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/19/2012 6:55:34 PM
Being in love implies that a person is in a relationship with you, and they are in love with you, too.
Then the question would be 'Can a person be in love with someone that they are not with?'

Anyhoo, people are just naturally nervous around someone they are attracted to until they get to know them. Some people just clam up because they are scared of saying the wrong thing. It could be anything, there are no definite answers.
 m_church
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 7:02:39 PM
Only once in my life.. or should I say around only one woman...
I'd encounter her at a local pub....
She was a reasonably attractive short woman, blonde tight curly hair to her shoulders...
Now, as soon as I'd try to say anythnig to her, I'd get hopelessly toungue tied... To the point that we both thought it was funny.... We never had a relationship as I had met someone around the same time and we lost touch...

Now bear in mind, I'm not shy... I'm confident.... I'll walk up to women and start talking... I've picked up strangers, people on the street... people in bars etc.... I've been a player in my younger days.... So I'm not the type to be having issues with nervousness or shyness...
Except with her....
Weird....
 outdoor74
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 2:15:42 AM
As others have said, we can only guess. Did you try to talk with him only to be met with silence?

I am the type to try and find an opportunity to strike up a conversation. If no opportunity arises then I may never talk to someone that I am attracted to. Guys in general don't want to come off as sounding like they are just using pick up lines. However if we don't know you, that leaves us with very little to work with.

My guess is that he is interested and when he felt that he may not have any other opportunities he went for it and asked you to go climbing. Of course he may consider you and friend and the invite was just that, asking someone to go climbing. I would accept the invite and see where things go.
 BrockLee74
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:13:13 AM
Most of us likely have a quirk of some sort. If I meet a woman that I find myself immediately attracted to, I have to make an effort to look in her eyes. I have a tendency to avoid eye contact, which is out of character for me. I look everyone in the eye when I talk to them. I noticed I also avoid eye contact I suspect someone is attracted to me and am not feeling it in return. Funny how two different things cause the same reaction.
 LathaMath
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:50:15 AM
You're certainly learning a lot about not dating from this one climbing course.

Attraction is a form of sexual stimulation which, like all sexual stimulation, releases hormones which impar the operating of the raitonal part of the brain. Sex is instinctive, not rational. If you've had a lot of instruction on repressing your instincts in favour of reason then you'll be blocked from acting on your instincts. You can largely overcome it by not relying on verbal communication for sex. Just follow the guy around letting your tounge hang out. Move in close and let your body rub against his. That's the way it was done before language was invented. It still works. The langauge is just background noise.

One of the advantages of quiet men is that you get to make up all sorts of things about what they're thinking to embellish your fantasies. If a guy tells you what he's thinking, and doesn't lie about it, you'll probably like him a lot less.
 FreschFisch
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:37:18 AM
Women don't like to be approached when they are doing cetain things...

I will occasionally do fitness yoga classes in the winter to keep limber for summer rides. OMG the a$$ in there! and Im sure some of em even have personalities and similar interests! The heat is turned up the scent is burning and there are beautiful women in freakin Yoga Pants! I even go with a really nice looking girl I used to date and she asks why I don't ask them. Because They are there to focus their minds typically.

Same with girls in gyms etc.. They as a rule don't want to be bothered and will humiliate you!. See youtube video titled yoga girl! (guys it is a must watch video)(and stay out of my classes)

So for us Its respect and the fear of humiliation!
 SirDorksAlot
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 11:59:22 AM

So I don't know why he didn't talk to me a lot/was so quiet around me...was it shyness or was he not very interested...

He was just being observant and looking for hints before he convinces himself to make a move on you. just him asking you to climb with him afterwards is an OBVIOUS hint that he either likes you or is somewhat interested. i believe he's taking his time to observe and figure you out. maybe that's why he seems quiet and shy. some people warm up a lot quicker than others and some observe and find an opportunity to make a move.

Just take the hint woman.... he's obviously interested.
 NutritionNerd
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:53:57 PM
I'm more bold and assertive with women if I feel like rejection is no big loss. So if I really admire a girl's intellect, looks, charm, charisma, talent...I've tended in the past to do more hoping and waiting and searching for cues that she's interested and wants me to approach.

But I'm getting better at it.

Lately it's been easier for me to invest energy in women I find attractive and want to spend time with.
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:23:23 PM
You're assuming he was there to meet girls while taking the class. He talked to you after the course was over. What more do you want. Would you of been pleased if he had waved to you while making a climb and fell and broken his neck.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do you get shy around girls you find attractive?