Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Kevin Rudd!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Apparently lots of Australians like this guy but I have never "got" him.
He isn't liked by the vast majority of his colleagues, and he couldn't get anything of much note done whilst PM ( aside from the apology and taking credit for Swan's response to the GFC).
So, Julia comes along, boots him out of office, does everything he couldn't while in office all the while under attack from Abbott, the media and Rudd's backbencher chums who would only act under his direction.
What a prick... he isn't a "victim" of anything but his own ego and hubris. If anything it's HIS supporters who are faceless... when was the last time one of these cowards had an attributed quote in the papers... I can only think of one, and that was just this week! After 20 months of briefing the media with anonymous quotes!
I've been hoping for months now that he'd challenge, if only to see him fail miserably. This is my prediction for next week... what's yours?
 Jewel_Of_Denial
Msg: 2
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:12:30 AM
doesn't matter whatever happens
they're all tossers
 Hilly02
Msg: 3
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:16:05 AM
Never trust a ranga
 Tah,
Msg: 4
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:17:05 AM
Whatever stops abbott is in our best interest....

we in this economic climate cant handle a goveremnt without emphathy for the working class if we wish to prevent the gap between classes getting wider....
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:24:57 AM
Kevin came within a corpuscle of giving Abbott the keys to The Lodge in the last election.
He denies being "the leaker" of the 2010 election but he would, wouldn't he? For him now to claim he's the Labor Party's saviour after more than a year of actively trying to bring the government down because of his hurt feelings is wayyyyyy beyond rich.
I hear the usual talking heads on the news trying to find a point of policy difference between Rudd and Gillard. The best they can do? Speculate that maybe he'll delay the carbon tax? Pathetic!

Ps: In case anyone should wonder why I care... I am one of those rare rank-and-file members of the ALP you sometimes read about. We actually do exist!
 Tah,
Msg: 6
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:09:54 AM
We did exist.

your a typical nth american marcus cause my message was so dam large yet you say "Messages this short may not be posted"..

I hop fracking posions your water supply leaving all those billions useless to you in hospital with liver and kidney failure! NER!
 qldblue
Msg: 7
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:18:28 AM
It is interesting to note that after the last election, John Howard made the statement that if Rudd had been the PM at that time, Howard believes that Labour would have won by a margin that didn't require the independants to hold the balance of power.

Some of the issues that have been spruiked about lately does cast a shadow on the behaviour of some of Gillards staffers/ advisors.

Even some of the behaviour of Gillard leaves a lot to be desired.

Would Abbott make a better PM, well that remains to be seen and in my opinion no he would not.

With our current crop of politicians, I honestly do not believe that there are any current members of parliment who have the courage to go against the factions in either party.

No party is willing to accept the voice of the Australian population as a whole, nor are the political parties willing to stand up and say to the fringe dwellers NO.

Until the main stream parties get their courage back then politicians like Bob Katter who tap into the views of the population outside of the main cities will not have the power they currently enjoy.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 8
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 7:14:24 AM
I like Mr Rudd. I don't like our current Premier.....Mr Bozo and his clowns of rich people, but I do like Mr Rudd!
 CavesBeach
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:12:56 PM
I love rudd, cause when he was accused of going to a stripp club in the states
he said "F'yeah, I was there..." every other spineless pinstripe would have lied thru their teeth.
Oh' and name another leader that can speak chinese !!

GO RUDD you little ripper..havent caught the news, not sure if he is retiring fullstop or just from his position.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:14:06 PM
Just goes to show most people's love affair with the guy is based on nothing deeper than an impression. Yeah, he's smart. Yes, speaks Chinese. Yes, he went to a strip club for five minutes. None of these things indicate his two massive failings, namely his character and temperament.
He just has a poisonous effect on anyone around him. Frankly I'm astounded he still has a wife but I suspect his constant travel might have something to do with that - she gets him in small doses.
 Pookiessooverperth
Msg: 11
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 5:29:23 PM
None of these things indicate his two massive failings, namely his character and temperament.
He just has a poisonous effect on anyone around him. Frankly I'm astounded he still has a wife but I suspect his constant travel might have something to do with that - she gets him in small doses

Could not agree more...this man is rude, arrogant, uncouth etc...and you want him representing this country ??? - and loyalty to his boss and party - somewhat questionable......he had his chance..he blew it ..so grow up , pack up your toys and leave the sand pit...

I notice his daughter tweeted this morning...""Im so effing proud of you Dad"...all class

Im not a Julia supporter either, but at least the lady can hold her own...the operative word here is lady... nor am I Abbott supporter...but if we want to be a powerhouse on the world stage, then can we please have someone to lead us graciously ...Rudd is just a off cut of Mark Latham and who remembers him now...???
 MrsNaamah
Msg: 12
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 6:20:08 PM
The media love a good power struggle story, but there are far more important issues facing us that should be foremost on people's minds and being the issues presented on prime time TV instead of this. But if politics is to be about personalities....

his two massive failings, namely his character and temperament.

I totally agree. He's got a real mean streak in him that one. Nasty on the inside, like acid. And not so good at masking it, even when smiling for the camera. You can see flickers that give him away ...and normally people read a lot from microexpressions without even being consciously aware of it, which is why it stuns me that anyone would like him.

There's some footage around of him losing it...and stories abound about offensive things he's said (like the woman he met after a speech who told him that she was studying her PhD, and he told her that's the excuse all young women use these days to not have babies...how nice to think the leader of the country might perceive the key value of women to be nothing beyond providing uterus space) and whilst I accept that everyone has bad days, and swearing is not something that shocks or offends me...it's more than that with him. He's one to quickly blame others for his mistakes...and he'll blame everyone in his vicinity and everyone he can think of at the time. He's got a superiority complex. He's intolerant. He's self-righteous. And he sulks.

Gillard is made of wood. She's clumpy and slow-witted.

Abbot is an idiot. There's just cotton wool inside him.

Bob Brown, whether or not you agree with his policies, is the only genuine human being amongst them. He believes in what he says, as in, personally, rather than because it's a party line. He has integrity.

Richard Flanagan (journo) says ...(quote) "that in 2004 he was on the election trail with both prime ministerial contenders, John Howard and Mark Latham. Along the way, he asked all the political staffers and journalists to tell him one positive human story about either man. He came away without a single anecdote. "It was at that point I sort of realised that people like Bob are not so common in politics," he says. "Bob is a man before he is a politician - he exists for other people. Like anyone who knows him, I can tell you dozens of lovely stories about him doing things for others ... Look at what he did for Nigel Brennan."

(Nigel Brennan is a reporter who was held hostage in Somalia. Bob Brown received a plea for help from the man's family. He tried to rally help from various rich folk...Dick Smith was the only one willing to chip in...and Bob Brown took out a personal loan to give money to the man's family to help them get him home.) A vastly different sort of human being than the ones who only do things for their own gain.
 CavesBeach
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 6:37:20 PM

Just goes to show most people's love affair with the guy is based on nothing deeper than an impression.

and your hatred is based on what !! his poisonous effect on everybody around him.
He doesn't have that effect on me as I dont hang around him.
charachter and temprement are the two things that at the last election that got him the job, and will be the two things that would get thim them job again.

Frankly I'm astounded he still has a wife but I suspect his constant travel might have something to do with that - she gets him in small doses.

as we are both single men on dating web site, I think wondering why our former prime minister has wife is an area we are not qualified too debate.

I notice his daughter tweeted this morning...""Im so effing proud of you Dad"...all class

about time we get some less respectable more real "doers" in parlament. I'd vote for her on spec.. that was if she ran for any polly job, but seeing as she aint.. who cares.

If he runs... he will win, I'll put money on it !!
 Timmahh88
Msg: 14
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:31:46 PM
Politicians and dirty nappies share a common factor... they are both full of shit, that is all.
 isawanderer
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 1:54:49 AM
History will show Rudd is a labor RAT , the lowest of the low.
 CavesBeach
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:46:25 AM
hsitory will show how a couple of western sydney labour back benchers gave him the arse after he was elected by the people. the mining tax on what horizon ..kirribilly house where.

one day your livin in it, next day your not. your party voted you out. not US the people.

guess how many days our ranga prime minister has stayed there in kirrabilli ??

some time later the Labour party votes you back in again not because they oooze loyalty but because they know its the only way they will be re-elected.

Ruddy brilliant , he should turn to the Rudd party, and make nuclear power stations lol

gingerosity
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:01:28 AM
A stern Gillard took the helm and a bow, but the good ship Labor floundered without their Rudder...

well someone had to say it
 CavesBeach
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:12:31 AM
never a true'er word been spoken ' here here !!

he'll be back in black
 gcdeb
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:16:09 AM
Is there really any point to this discussion. Very few people are open minded enough to genuinely discuss politics - people typically have formed their opinions and very little will change them.

Personally, I'm in the 'there is noone that can do the job at the moment' camp. I think the Australian public should revolt en masse and vote for only Greens or Independents at the next election!
 CavesBeach
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:27:15 AM

Is there really any point to this discussion.

yes - i get to annoy inetdatinglol and various others

Very few people are open minded enough to genuinely discuss politics - people typically have formed their opinions and very little will change them.

no - it makes adifference , and we can bet on it !! bet ya he wins

I think the Australian public should revolt en masse and vote for only Greens or Independents at the next election!

bob brown, like I might vote for that dude , scrub out the last quote i made..bob's alright !
see your voice can make a difference, like an elephant sleeping with a mosqueto
 gcdeb
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:39:04 AM
I think the worst thing that Julia Gillard can do is to have a leadership battle on Monday. She should just tell Kevin Rudd to shut up and get on with her job.

If he wins on Monday, he has no possibility of leading effectively. The party will be in total disarray. He will be leading a party full of people who kicked him out, continued to undermine him, and have done their best to discredit him since then. And the public will never vote him back in at the next election. Mind you, JG has no chance of getting back in again either. The labour party's run is over. Dead and dusted. If they come back from this debacle it will be greatest comeback in Australia's political history.

If she wins on Monday she should make the most of her office until the next election. Australians don't like backstabbers and she is forever tainted.

Tony Abbott is an uncouth, ignorant man.

There are no politicians currently in sight that are worthy of the top job.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 6:36:03 AM
He'll lose, and lose big. If I could I'd bet my super on it.
It doesn't surprise me the one guy in this thread forecasting a Rudd win has only the most basic grasp of the issues.
 frankster_p
Msg: 23
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:06:56 AM
Vote for the Greens, no way.
Those people are nuts. Want to take away rights and close all industry.
I dont want to drive an electric toaster on wheels, or be told when I can use my car.
Nutters.

Cheers.
 Markinfreo
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:16:23 PM
Love politics....

Kevin Rudd got to the leadership via Kochie and Mel. Gillard got there thru networking with her union buddies. Two peas from very different pods.

I tend to like anarchy so I hope that Kev gets in. ...cabinet around the kitchen table...
 alwaysdreaming2
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:40:07 PM
Monday will confirm if Mr Rudd is back (going to be a long weekend for the politicians and not in holiday mode either) IF Mr Rudd does have the numbers, I anticipate an early election. Our government is seriously unstable at the moment...e.g. PM Gillard getting votes to back her Carbon Tax and then lying again regarding the gambling issue...we need a government in majority.

Whatever others say I believe that the Labour government did their best during the world crisis of banks, countries that are going bankrupt, and Labour did stop our “recession,” under Mr Rudd’s direction? Regardless our Aussie dollar is climbing thanks to Labour.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Kevin Rudd!