Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Things that cause you irrational/rational rage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xgillybx
Msg: 1
Things that cause you irrational/rational ragePage 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I have a few, one of my biggest irks is getting on a train/bus and finding people sitting on the outside seat, it's not that I have too much of a problem getting past them to get to the empty middle one, it's the fact they cause so much fuss and flap when I do try my best to climb past them, and usually nine times out of ten, they get off after me, so I have to clamber over them again! I admit to treading on their toes in the process, kinda accidentally on purpose :/

Another one is people who seem to think they bought a ticket for their bags/holdalls too, when there are people standing, and then tut when you ask them to move it and finally, (probably going to get jumped on for this one), men sitting on the tube with their legs wide apart and encroaching upon my share of the elbow rest, I mean really?
 pauline2012
Msg: 2
Things that cause you irrational/rational rage
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:45:03 AM
Yes, I agree, I don't drive and I use buses a lot. I was on my way back from the laundrette a couple of weeks ago with 2 heavy bags and the bus wasn't full but everyone was on the outside seat or had bags over the other seat.

Also pub rage. I was out with my mum for a meal on Saturday afternoon and we then went to the Wetherspoon for a drink. I went to the bar, waited an age to be served and then a guy walked up to the bar, put 3 quid on it and asked to be served and he was served before me. It's not the first time either, seriously five feet 1 females seem to become invisible in a Wetherspoon.

But the thing that irks me the most is people who take up an entire pavement, you can't get past them because they are walking at 2 miles an hour but they have no concept of moving over to let you by.

No wait, those electric buggies, they are a sodding menace, I've almost been run over by them a few times. I appreciate people have mobility issues but that doesn't give you ownership of the bloody pavement.
 Loumooos
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:48:21 AM
Idiots in Asda or give me dirty looks when i apologies for bumping into them with a dodgy trolley. I then say something inflammatory and then they give me a look of shock!

Generally people walking to slowly with buggies gossiping about whatever, i can't stand the annoying Playground Mothers who just talk about everyone else all the time anyway.
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:50:19 AM
People playing loud music on public transport .. total ignorrant .
People refusing to lift bags on trains of seats to give people a seat .
elderly folks and pregnant women being left standing
I witnessed a black lady with a baby in a harness coming on a bus she was very obviously pregnant .
I had to stand give her my seat leaving my disabled son to stand with me .
I witnessed total ignorance beyond belief that day oh i was then offered a seat with my son from 2 men i refused and said no you never got up for a pregnant lady and a baby .
id rather stand .
 kirkstmoritz2
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:51:46 AM
People who stop for a chat with the cashier after they've paid for their stuff with a queue of people waiting behind them...you've got your stuff now bugger off!

Old people at cashpoints.

Staff stacking shelves in smaller supermarkets in the day so you can't get to what you need because they're in the way...nightshift maybe?

People who don't flash the lights or hold a hand up when you give way

Middle lane hoggers

Lorries overtaking each other at a closing speed of 0.0001 mph....why bother?

"Traffic Enforcement Officers" Lets just give the real police a broom and save a fortune shall we?

"well driven?" on the back of vans that are not being well driven at all, i don't want to call your boss, i'd much prefer to pull you from you LGV chariot and remonstrate with you personally.

The school run Grand Prix....don't get me started.
 punkadiddle
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:52:55 AM
Can it be anything and trivial things in which case:-

Taps that are practically smooth and you cannot turn with wet hands.

Kitchen drawers with such a narrow lip on the edge that when you open the drawer in a hurry - your blender gets stuck, the drawer jams and you break 4 finger nails.

Glue on the lids of cereal boxes - what kind of glue is that? Industrial strength super glue? Is it entirely necessary? The glue strength renders the lid the most impenetrable part of the cereal box. My boys ripped open the Shreddies this morning and the box looks like a monsters escaped from it.

I feel better now - but I'll have more soon.
 xgillybx
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:54:09 AM
Haha! glad I'm not alone, I can't even remember the amount of times I've tripped over people dragging their silly briefcase/trolleys behind them at London Bridge. I ended up wanting to lump someone who decided to wait until they got to the ticket barrier before rummaging around in their bag for their travelcard, didn't even step aside while she did it, then proceeded to call me "rude" when I side stepped her and went in front to catch my train!

Yes, the slow walkers syndrome, (different if they are elderly or infirm) who take up so much of the pavement you often have to go onto the road to overtake them, they take up that much room! Woman filed her nails on the packed train yesterday while standing over some poor guy, he was getting bits of "nail dust" residue all over him, it was disgusting.
 up4meets
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:54:44 AM
Groups of nattering women c/w trolleys in supermarket aisles blocking the way.

Maybe shopping is part of a woman's social dna but i'm a bloke and my shopping expeditions consists of, Get in, Scoop-Scoop-Scoop and get out asap.

Also the length of time it takes women drivers to sod off after getting back into their cars after filling up at petol stations.
 xgillybx
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:03:31 AM
Nope, shopping is not a part of a woman's dna, it's a necessity if one wants to eat, I personally hate shopping, and have a get in get out as fast as you can with minimum fuss kind of attitude .

@message 5, I agree with you on the other motorists not saying thanks when you have given way to accommodate them, irrationally it prevents me from letting anyone else in for the rest of my journey! And people nearly causing an accident to overtake you to get one whole car in front of you???

Nothing like having a good old rant to get it off your chest :)
 kirkstmoritz2
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:13:54 AM

Also the length of time it takes women drivers to sod off after getting back into their cars after filling up at petol stations.

What about all the new supermarket/petrol stations where your sat there waiting for a pump because the owner of the car infront of you is doing a weeks shopping......and getting a coffee which the one single cashier on duty will have to go off and make while the queue gets even longer?
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:15:37 AM
People in their middle and late age are tired of the decline in morals, manners and respect for other people. We may be better off but that wealth has made us selfish, self centred and egotistical. People feel life owes them a living and while they all demand their rights few accept their own social resposibility.

Personally I agree with Gilly about the irresponsible people with the suitcase/trolleys; that cause me to don working boots and football shin guards at mainline train stations and underground to safely negotiate myself to work and back without possible leg breaks or fractures!
 up4meets
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:18:08 AM

Nothing like having a good old rant to get it off your chest

Great chest xgillybx
 Strider886
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:30:05 AM

What about all the new supermarket/petrol stations where your sat there waiting for a pump because the owner of the car infront of you is doing a weeks shopping......and getting a coffee which the one single cashier on duty will have to go off and make while the queue gets even longer?

Oh god, people who put 50p of fuel in the car and then do the f**king weekly shop before coming back to their f**king car!!!!
I mean seriously, why not FILL the tank and avoid the fuel cost of having to take detours every day to get petrol?
Me = £75, fill the tank, don't come back for 3 weeks, then do my shopping at a proper supermarket where the price's are 1/3 cheaper!!

Also car related:

-Middle lane morons
-Slow/elderly drivers
-Incompetent drivers
-Passive aggressive drivers (the one's who go out of their way to wind people up)
-Tractors (after being stuck behind one that refused to move over this morning for 15miles, creating a 2 mile tailback and making me 20mins late for work)
-Vigilante drivers (they have their own personally made up version of the highway code and make a point of trying to enforce it)
 OneOnOwn
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:00:58 AM
Supermarket queues. Why am I in the one where:
I choose the shortest queue which stops dead .
There is no price on the item ...Maisie can you go check price of this !!!
Suddenly they remember the one item they came in for and push back through the queue to get it.
Dont remember their pin number whilst we all pick our noses, scratch bums, anything to relieve the boredom of someone who cant remember what year they were born in.
They turn out the handbag for the clubcard and you find that they actually have the kitchen sink in there.
The ones who encourage the one year old to give the lady your money. During which the little bugger is to interested in ripping the plastic off the toy or stuffing the sweets in their mouth to cooperate.
The Ive got coupons, clubcard, discount loyalty card, over pension discount card, credit card etc which somehow they didnt organise into an envelope before they came out especially as half coupons belong to another store or are out of date.
The oldies who have all week to shop when nobody is around only to come on a very busy Saturday because thats the day they always did it.
Being asked if I want a bag. Nope I will carry 23 items holding them in my teeth. Do I want a lottery ticket, stamps, phone top up , insurance etc.
Being accosted by someone who thinks I look like someone who might need double glazing, sky movies, a will writing up so I cant even get out of the store.
Being subjected to the screaming kid having a paddy because he cant have whatever whilst the mother txts her friends and totally ignores it. I really enjoy having it echo throughout the store.
The family of mum dad, pushchair and 6 kids in the queue to buy one item. Kids invariably pulling displays apart, grabbing stuff whilst mum puts it back again and father wishes he was at the football match.

Pet hate. Having played the game and loaded conveyor I stand like a wally waiting for someone who actually looks surprised when the cashier asks for payment. They continue loading their bags and looking the other way whilst we twiddle our thumbs. Then they rifle through a bag to bring out money coupons....see above.

You've seen the programme Grumpy old men haven't you !!
 up4meets
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:16:40 AM

You've seen the programme Grumpy old men haven't you !!

It champions many opinions of the middle aged and older on tv and is (imo) one of my fav progs on a par with 'Bad Lads Army'.

Loumooos
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:19:56 AM
Some high school kids, honestly their parents should of not even bothered meeting. Does dumbf**k run in the family? I can honestly say i was never that down right evil or stupid as some of the scallie like teenagers around today.

Dog owners who hate cats to the point they encourage their dogs to injure said cats. Why not just dislike cats and let them be?

Pizza bloody menus in my door, have you not heard of Just eat?
Layers of wallpaper in places, when you move in.

Easter Eggs on sale in early Jan, Xmas decorations for sale in October...some places honestly. Panic ensures when i see these...
 Strider886
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:29:06 AM
Pet hate. Having played the game and loaded conveyor I stand like a wally waiting for someone who actually looks surprised when the cashier asks for payment. They continue loading their bags and looking the other way whilst we twiddle our thumbs. Then they rifle through a bag to bring out money coupons....see above.

In stores like Morrisons, they won't start pinging ur shopping until the person in front has bagged and taken all of their shopping.... So it really makes no odds if they're still packing when asked for payment.

But what does grate is the old folks who only get out once a week, like to stand there and talk about the war, or the price of sprouts, taking twice as long to pack/pay. I swear it's like a doctors waiting room, they're only really their for a bloody chat.

Easter Eggs on sale in early Jan, Xmas decorations for sale in October...some places honestly. Panic ensures when i see these...

The way they fudge the useby dates on these so that you can't buy them after the "event" (Xmas/Easter) and then give them as gifts the following year, EVEN THOUGH the regular stuff lasts 2 years! a box of Christmas/Easter chocolates goes off in less that 9 months?!?!?!?!?!?!
 Lulubellabella
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:29:48 AM
quite a few moans i have, people who dont pick up their dog mess !!! ( i have to pick up mine so you pick up your s !!! ) ... elderly people chatting away to the cashier , cos they have all the time in the world and im on my lunch break !!! grrrrrr ,...... half term !!! hate it !!! get those brats back at school and leave em there !!!! , people who dont put the divider thing down on the supermarket conveyor belts !!!! oh ok " i will do it then " ( slams it down ) if your gonna be rude and want your shopping mixed up with mine ....... taxi drivers try to run you over and who are in a bad mood cos their at work well i have to go to work to , and i get over it
 Loumooos
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:30:44 AM
Haha Strider, the old dears need their own Social Network and MSN don't they?
Though why stand there in the middle of the pavement doing it?
 DanL1983
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:35:45 AM
Just a few things that annoy me to no end.

Jehovah Witnesses who knock my door. Infact any religious people who try and force their beliefs on me. I have my own faith and don't intend to change.

Zionist propaganda and people who believe and trust in everything the western media tell them. My friend is like that and that causes arguments.

Teenagers when they have done something wrong, who find it funny and big to badmouth you. Seems like they seriously go around asking for a smack around the teeth.
 Sirenara
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:45:33 AM
I am a pretty calmish person but the things that REALLY pi$$es me off are those stupid sodding recorded phone messages, so there you are right in the middle of Corrie or you're just coming in the front door with a few bags of shopping, the phone keeps ringing so you rush to answer it and a recorded voice says "You may have been mis-sold a PPI insurance........." blah blah blah as I slam the phone down!!

And the other phone related one is where the phone rings you answer it and some twit in a call centre say "You were involved in an accident 3 years ago and you may be entitled to claim."

And I say "Well that must be an extremely good database you have there as I was living in Australia 3 years ago!!!"

Lulubellabella
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:50:49 AM
i forgot one , people who walk in the supermarket and ask where are the eggs/ bread/milk etc ... do you not have eyes ???? !!!! , or to dam lazy to look for yourselves
 DanL1983
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:59:32 AM

i forgot one , people who walk in the supermarket and ask where are the eggs/ bread/milk etc

I encounter something like that on the tube in London, asking me how to get to so and so station. It's annoying, especially since stations have the tube map on the wall and station workers.
 mazeyh
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/22/2012 5:03:30 AM
@msg 21 just don't answer the phone! If someone really wants to talk to you they'll ring back.( and get ignored again )

Poor old old people, all these blue meanies begrudging them their little chats.

I can't think of much at the moment.

The Chuckle brothers.I want to thump their ugly gurning mooshes.They are so not funny.
 Lulubellabella
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 5:05:13 AM
the old peole need to get out of my dam way , it always seems to be a friday , they come out at .... lunchtimes !!!!!! , im like " hey thanks for that " , now because you were fumbling around looking for small change and having your little chats , i have 10 minutes to eat my lunch !!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Things that cause you irrational/rational rage