Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I a prude      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShyandSweet_LadyC
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Am I a prudePage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Hi all
Have been speaking to this guy on the phone for the first time and initially we seem to be getting on; but he started asking what I believe to be inappropriate questions like what is my bust size; am I a passionate person ( the way in which it was said I know he meant sexually) which I find offensive. I asked him how old he was and he took a while to answer when he told me he was 50 years old. I later went back and checked his profile and it says he is age 48. He rang me later that night about 10:45 when I was asleep in bed and had a very brief conversation; but one of the questions he asked was if I ever sleep naked. What I want to know is am I too prudish and making a mountain out of a mole hill. Please someone give me some advice.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:41:29 AM
When a man starts talking about sex and sexual matters, such as your bust size, that is a big indication that he is looking for sex and nothing else.
 funinsun32
Msg: 3
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:44:20 AM
Don't think you are a prude. He is definitely looking for sex. Just because you aren't looking to throw your "cookies" around or let every guy into the "cookie jar" doesn't make you a prude.
 mariacba
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:45:18 AM
It seems lack of respect
 Sheply_E_Dorkinhimer
Msg: 5
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:45:55 AM
I have two word for you, grab a pen ... are you ready??

Good bye
Get Lot
See ya
Bye Now
Block and Delete ( well that is 3 words)

Tell him to dial up 1800-jerk off, if he wants sex talk and bopping his banana , if he wants to correspond with a lady call me( you)
 ladywyatt
Msg: 6
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:46:12 AM
Sex talk in the first conversation?

No OP, you are not a prude, he is only looking for either sex talk so he can spank the salami while talking to you or a hook up to get sex.

Hang up !
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:46:36 AM
No - you aren't.

This is about respect and boundaries and at this moment in time, this man is a stranger. He is not a lover and therefore he is not entitled to ask questions which a lover may. He is not a friend and therefore he is not entitled to ask questions which a friend may. He's a nobody - just words on a screen and a voice at the end of the telephone. If he wants to be allowed into your real life, he has to behave in a manner in which YOU would like him to be there.

There are lots of men (and women) like this. Follow your own standards and don't feel you have to adjust them to fit the vast array of standards others have. At the end of the day, you are the one who lives with the people you allow in and you normally pick and choose those individuals by the way they make you feel. Follow your instincts here too.

I wish you luck and hope you don't have to deal with this again, but the reality is, this sort of behavior is common-place. That doesn't mean you have to accept it.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 8
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:48:23 AM
You're not being a prude at all. If anything, he's disrespecting you immensely.

Tell him to take a hike as he's being a complete assius hollius.
 OyVay...
Msg: 9
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:53:46 AM
The content of his comments were inappropriate for a conversation early on.

"Am I a prude"

I have no idea, nor do any of the other posters on this thread! If this is based solely on the content of that conversation, he was wrong to do it, you didn't say anything about your answers or views on sex. So how could we possibly know.

"give me some advice"

Yeah sure! When someone does that, hang up on them and block them.
 Yankee again
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:02:01 AM
He is a horny man move on....
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 11
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:05:12 AM
This is pretty much the same comment to all posters who are asking if the way they feel is appropriate. You should never say, do or have to listen to things that make you feel uncomfortable. Are you a prude? Who knows, but what is obvious is that you were uncomfortable with his line of questioning. There is no reason to allow anybody you have just made contact with make you feel that way.
 ShyandSweet_LadyC
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:05:50 AM
Thank you. Exactly what I thought.
 Jac_the_Gripper
Msg: 13
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:06:02 AM
Spank the salami?

What a wonderful phrase.

First phone call, eh?

Yes, this stranger wanted you to talk frisky so he could discipline his chipolata.

As hard as it it to resist such intelligent, imaginitive and sophisticated wooing, its ok to tell him to go fornicate himself.

Alternatively, ask for his credit card details and stick a naught on the end of the going rate for that sort of phone call.

Now where's the creepy, cringeworthy emote when you need it?
 0ldhag
Msg: 14
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:08:24 AM
"am I too prudish and making a mountain out of a mole hill" - NOPE. He sounds like an idiot just looking for sex.
 ShyandSweet_LadyC
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:09:12 AM
Yes I agree with you. I think a lot of guys on these dating sights are just looking for sex and think that single means easy.
 shygirl413
Msg: 16
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:15:36 AM
Your not a prude this guy is a creap and way to bold to the point i would find him offensive. I would tell him he is offensive and that you do not thimk you and he are a match and to please not contact you.
 mopar_runner
Msg: 17
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:33:02 AM
You're not a prude. He is at best uncouth and unscrupulous and at worst in a category most people don't want to think about.

Tell him to "beat it".

Errrr, ummmm.
 lacalli
Msg: 18
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:37:00 AM
FFS you're 50 years old. Why are you posting this? Maybe you are a prude and maybe you're not a prude (whatever that means, it's a stupid word, like frigid) but what matters is what you like and are comfortable with and if you're not comfortable with a stranger calling you on the phone and asking creepy personal questions then tell him to f*ck off. What if people on here told you you were indeed a "prude?" Would you then allow strange men to call you at all hours and ask you sexual questions? If he had called me I would have told him my bust size used to be a 38 H and now it's a 36 B but the Beretta in my nightstand drawer is a 22. Small but effective at close range.
Wanna come over?
 Jac_the_Gripper
Msg: 19
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:40:59 AM
Tell him to "beat it".

Errrr, ummmm.

PS. The answer to the question on your profile is, "Yes, thank you".
 Landra2
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:47:17 AM
So what if you are a prude?
If you don't like what he's saying to you and how he's talking to you, it doesn't matter.
 That_girl*
Msg: 21
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:11:06 AM
it never fails no matter what age some men will just never have any game or smooth appraoch when it comes to women..

you should have just hungup or said fuk off to him..an the fact it took him awhile to say his age an then you see he lied about his age on profile who knows what eles he's lying about hell he's probably older then what he claims to be..
 mainelyhere
Msg: 22
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:13:27 AM
the OP is framing things a specific way, it's doesnt add up to me.
 carolann0308
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:16:57 AM
Not wanting to discuss your bras size or your sleeping attire with a stranger hardly makes you a prude, it makes him a jerk. If it makes you uncomfortable then he is crossing the line, normal men do not ask a lady that kind of question.
I have spoken to hundreds of men over the course of my life, only very few ever spoke to me in that way and they were quickly dismissed.
I am all for sexy pillow talk, but that should be on your terms with someone you feel intimate with, not just some perv on the phone.
 That_girl*
Msg: 24
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:17:24 AM
@ mainelyhere ummm i know theres lots of boards an forums but if im not mistaken its almost like your following me around on here how come everytime i post or make a comment your right around the corner...
 ontario_woman
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:26:40 AM

Ask the OP, shes the one complaining that they did something cheap.

What's not adding up? This kind of thing happens a lot. Just a little while ago, I gave my cell # to a guy so that we could text each other and he proceeded to ask me about my bra size, measurements and sexual fantasies.

Some people have no class.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I a prude