Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What do men notice about women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 opalshine
Msg: 1
What do men notice about women?Page 1 of 1    
What is the first thing they notice when meeting a woman for the very first time? And I mean in the first second or two. Is it eyes, body, smile? What is the most attractive thing, what is the most unattractive? I know everyone is different but I was just curious.
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do men notice about women?
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:11:54 AM
body.......... she can have a patch of grass for a face if she is built like Pam Anderson and he will still say wow, hot !!!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:31:07 AM
I notice that they are a real person, more specifically a woman.
 darthbanker
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:47:09 AM

What is the first thing they notice when meeting a woman for the very first time?

Depends on the guy.
Depends on the woman.
Sometimes it's her feet.
Sometimes her smile.
Sometimes her scent.
Sometimes her eyes.
Sometimes her body.
Sometimes the way her body looks in her clothes.
Sometimes the way she walks.
Sometimes her voice.
Sometimes her teeth.
Sometimes her punctuality.
Sometimes her car.
Sometimes the feel of the skin on her hand or shoulder.
Sometimes her hair.
Sometimes the way the light highlights her face based on the cut of her hair and accents of jewelry.
Sometimes her hips.
Sometimes her nostrils.
Sometimes hair under the lip.
Sometimes her ears.
Sometimes her name.
Sometimes all of the above and more.
Whatever causes the guy to differentiate her from the faceless mob of "women" that are running around every day that he interacts with constantly but never pays attention to and causes him to see her or remember her as as an individual human being.

If you are talking about the first thing they consciously notice that causes some sort of emotional or chemical response.

What is the most attractive thing, what is the most unattractive?

Again, you mean consciously, subconsciously, or rationalized between the two?
Why do you want to objectify yourself down to one single thing?
Why do you want to see men as objectifying you down to one single thing?

I know everyone is different but I was just curious.

Is this one of those "I need male attention and validation so I am going to post this thread in the hopes someone can write something poetic or sweet or mention something I can then transfer myself into and say to myself he's talking about me, I'm good and desirable and desired," threads?
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:25:08 AM
Every person has that special 'thing' about them that stands out, so this question could be done as a survey, asking people on the streets, at work, or at the supermarket what it is that they notice the most. Will they find it in the person that they are actually seeing? No. So then it would be a question of what will stand out the most, if they have 'it'.
 F1fanIam
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:49:15 AM
The size of her tit's...Then her eyes!
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:50:08 AM
Depends on what we see first. Walk around backwards and most men will probably notice your azz first. That and the fact that you are strange because you walk around backwards.

A common misconception amongst women is they see men "noticing" women dressed like a hooker when they walk into the room. So women think that's attractive and think that's what they have to do to get the attention of a man.

They should think again. It's mostly negative attention that they are getting. Some thinking she's an easy lay, others wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole. Either way it's not the kind of attention that a woman should want. It is attention though.
 Easy-Lucky-Free
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:58:00 AM
Eyes and smile for me. Call me a snob but spelling and grammar are important as well if we're referring to what stands out on an online dating site.
 _Kites_
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:10:31 AM

What is the first thing they notice when meeting a woman for the very first time? And I mean in the first second or two.

In two seconds? Whether or not she's attractive. This happens immediately.. as soon as I see her I know.. and it doesn't matter if she's right there in front of me or two blocks down the street. I see the frame of her entire self; not necessarily a specific part of her body. We're talking two seconds here.

What is the most attractive thing, what is the most unattractive?

If I find her attractive (in two seconds) it's her femininity that makes me take notice. Hair is important.. how she's dressed. If I find her unattractive it'll also be the frame of her entire self that I've noticed, but it's more like, "eh.. (oh look. a person)." Tomboy? Nope.. not attracted.. never in the first two seconds.

If she's feminine and wears it well, I'll notice her as an attractive woman immediately. What happens in the next few seconds or thirty can change drastically. This is when I notice how she carries herself, how healthy she is (as a woman), if she takes care of herself (as a woman), her smile, her eyes.. etc..

And most importantly, it's what her voice sounds like. Deep voice? I'm outta here!
 Pinky127
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:22:21 AM

What is the first thing they notice when meeting a woman for the very first time?

Id say they're probably thinking 'Is she do-able?'
= how attractive do they find her overall?
 abelian
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:33:13 AM
I notice whether or not I find her attractive overall.
 Captain_Chunk
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:42:34 AM
For me its the eyes.
 c_deacon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:52:52 AM
At a distance, it will be the body and how it is put together, but as she walks closer and closer, it will be the face and how it fits that body!!

It does not matter how good looking they might be, if I do not enjoy their body, nothing else will happen. But, and this is huge too, if they have a drop dead body but their face is just not what turns me on, that body will not either.....just the thought of how a nice body is being wasted on a face only her dad can love.....

cd.........
 JP1111
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:29:01 AM
There is no ONE thing that makes or brakes the deal as it's an overall package.
 StevefromUpland
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:34:03 AM

I notice whether or not I find her attractive overall.

I agree with that. This includes face, body, and most importantly personality. I can hang around a woman who is sweet and friendly even if she isn't that great looking. However, if a woman has a "I'm Gods gift to men" arrogant attitude, I don't care how hot she is. That type of personality makes her real ugly, real fast.
 mark1leeds
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:47:50 AM
if a girl passes me in the street and i think she is attractive i always have to check out her bum!!!
 BlaineV
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:02:33 AM
I would say it depends on what she's wearing. If she happens to be wearing very revealing clothes, it's obviously meant to show off her ASSets, which would immediately catch my attention. On the flip side of that though, I would think that by her dressing like that, she must be an attention-seeker and also very insecure about her other attributes, so I'd think she's a lost cause.

However, on any normal day, I'd notice a woman's smile and facial features first.
 lookn_for_same
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:03:01 AM
Right off the bat? Her face, her eyes, and hair. Give me more time. Like if I get to watch her walk towards me. I'll like her overall shape. Curves and the way she carries herself, yeah. :)
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:03:39 AM
age. that goes for men too.
 darknight48
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:11:07 AM
tits face then eyes, personality
 Dr__Matt
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:37:53 AM
Generally for me it's eyes. I have a thing about brown eyes:

http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/galleryImages/all_womens_looks/Audrey_Tautou+Sept_09_2009.jpg

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What do men notice about women?