Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why does a guy want to have sex when a girl is on her period?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tutu_cute
Msg: 1
Why does a guy want to have sex when a girl is on her period?Page 1 of 1    
I met a guy about a month ago. I said I needed to use his bathroom. Well, I got my period, and when I came out and told him I needed to put a tampon because of me having a "code red", he asked if I would still want to (i.e. have sex). Is this strange or weird? Or am I just being overly analytical?
 FunGuyRI
Msg: 2
Why does a guy want to have sex when a girl is on her period?
Posted: 3/3/2012 5:48:53 PM
It depends on the guy and their experiences and comfort level. He may have been with a girl who found it more pleasurable and assumes you may also. A big mistake guys make is to project anything about their past onto current girls instead of learning about each one individually. If you are into into it or open to trying let him know.
 Landra2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 5:49:26 PM
Sex is sex.
Period sex is just a little messy.
 c_deacon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 5:52:32 PM
As long as the oral is all from you.....what is the problem? If you feel that it is messy.....ask him to take a shower with you, bend over and give him the time of his life....

cd......
 Twitch369
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:02:49 PM
Nothing wrong with period sex. In fact for a lot of people it's more enjoyable than non-period sex.
 tutu_cute
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:11:03 PM
Well, thanks for the response. But, for me, I clearly stated that I didn't want to because I had already put a tampon on and that I do feel messy. Besides, the whole aspect of it just makes me want to puke. He did say thought that he thought girls like having sex when they're on their period, so that was when I got even a little more weirded out.
 morningglory10
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:12:55 PM
ew, I'd never feel comfortable doing it until my period is done.... and I thought most guys would prefer that as well...it's just too messy and plus not to mention the unpleasant smell.
 tutu_cute
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:16:06 PM
Thank you! I completely agree 100%. I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone in feeling the way I do.
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:23:39 PM
i've highlighted the key word in your question. this should make clear the answer:

tutu_cute
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:32:43 PM
Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me. I think some of you are gross. And, yeah it is gross to want to still have sex when a girl is on her period. It is nasty, and yes, the smell would bother me. Men don't like the smell of latex, so what makes you think women want the odor of her period during sex. Grow up!
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:39:47 PM
Because you went to his house to (obviously have sex) so you gave him no indication you wouldn't, you just said you were having your period so he was asking if the plan had changed....You really didn't even need to tell him what you were going in the bathroom for, now that's just TMI!
 tutu_cute
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:44:59 PM
Ummm...I really don't understand your message. I didn't know that I got my period until I went to the bathroom. How is it TMI? I I had a pantiliner on, and I wanted to remove it before he went further. That is why I simply said that I need to use his bathroom. And, when I found out, that is when I said I can't. So, that is why I thought it was weird for him to still want to.
 laskoboo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 6:45:36 PM
Far as my feelings about it, I think it is more a health issue as having sex during yur period can make you get endometriosis.

Talk to your OB'gyn
 Twitch369
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:05:14 PM
I think it is more a health issue as having sex during yur period can make you get endometriosis.

I think that's a myth.... doing research now, will edit this post with any info I find.

EDIT: Number 2 on the list of menstrual myths.
http://pms.about.com/od/myths/a/menstrual_myths.htm
 tutu_cute
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:11:00 PM
FYI, Fido Dido, anything on the internet these days (except NIH materials/publications and highly reputable research journals), has no base. What are you a doctor? My sister is a physician, and her husband is a physician, and your "research" is lousy. Get a degree in medicine, and then you'll know.
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:11:41 PM
Eww, I know I"m not supposed to answer this because I'm not a guy, but I would NEVER have sex while on my period! I think some guys just are so horny that they don't care, as long as they get it, they get it! I know some guys who won't do it though.
 Twitch369
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:14:22 PM
Am I Fido Dido?

If so, maybe check this out on the source I provided.

"About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board"

I think the Medical Review Board knows what they are talking about.

Also, what does your sister and her husband being a physician have to do with anything? At all? Did you just run and ask them if my information was wrong?
 tutu_cute
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:16:50 PM
No, I didn't need to do that because I myself am a health professional. about.com is just another one of those sites that I'm sure you googled. It has no base.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:16:51 PM
Also, what does your sister and her husband being a physician have to do with anything? At all? Did you just run and ask them if my information was wrong?

Well, if you're "related" to physicians, then your words have more merit. If you don't believe me, then just ask the Op. (just joking folks)
 tutu_cute
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:18:24 PM
Merit? Well, then I guess Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (the #1 Medical School) has no merit then either.
 Twitch369
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:18:54 PM
Ok, here you go then, nih resources. No mention of intercourse during menstruation causing endometriosis. Maybe you should go look at a different career.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000915.htm
 MssCrystal
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:21:37 PM
I love having sex when I have my period as my O's are way better and more intense. Plus I'm hornier than usual (and I have a high drive to start with) and love being aggressive and in charge.
 tutu_cute
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:23:23 PM
For the record, I never said that having sex during menstruation causes endometriosis. I said it was gross. As far as health consequences, I don't know of any studies out there as I'm not a OB/GYN, but I'm sure they have been done. I will say that my OB/GYN has said that it is not a good practice to do so.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why does a guy want to have sex when a girl is on her period?