Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > the smell of fear      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seymore.fish
Msg: 1
the smell of fearPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
How much does smell affect attraction .Studies show that strippers earn more money when they are at their most fertile.Do you women notice something different during different times of the month? .Are we a slave to our animal instincts,and how much does a smell of a man affect you?.
 Lulubellabella
Msg: 2
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 6:51:42 AM
a man has to smell nice , i am not in a good mood today as its a sunday and people are cooking the tradional sunday roast , it stinks and is making me feel sick , the smell of vile chicken cooking is coming into my flat
 sprite1950
Msg: 3
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 7:24:42 AM
Thats an interesting question. I noticed with a boyfriend years ago that when I no longer fancied him I also couldnt stand the smell of him. He didnt smell bad until I went off him though.
 --Zen--
Msg: 4
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:38:33 AM
Pheromones are part of genetic compatibility. Humans have specialized pheromone cells in armpits and pubic aria. Bacteria feeding on it release unique smell to each individual. Granted we do not rely as much on smell as other mammals but it is still major part of attraction. Ergo if natural smell creates strong sexual response, you've found your smell mate.
 fat-trucker
Msg: 5
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:59:57 AM
If this thread is about compatibility,and the way we attract our future intended.

Why is it called the smell of fear?
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 6
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 9:03:28 AM
yes, I thought it was going to be about when dogs can smell I am terrified of them and thats their go-ahead to be all over me and make me worse!
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 7
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 9:18:31 AM
Mmm I'm a pheremone girl ... man smell is bloody gawjus. Yum. My ex used to come in from a day out in the woods stinking, it was sexy as hell, and my bf now smells the best straight off from the stage after a gig. I love it when my hair smells of my man's armpit after a cuddle.

It's true our smell changes with hormone change, so ovulation makes our sweat smell different. Our smell also changes when we're sexually turned on, possibly part of finding a genetically suitable partner to make babies with. Fear releases hormones that change the smell of sweat, and sweating is something we do a lot when we're afraid, it's the fight or flight response kicking in, (possibly something some of you may have noticed when I mentioned babies).
 lalby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 10:10:41 AM
Smell is important,a good smelling man is a huge turn on i mean if you were attracted to a guy and they smelt bad it would put you off.

I don't notice anything different but i have an implant so don't have the periods...maybe there is something in it.
 PF200
Msg: 9
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:20:32 PM
Studies in this area have shown smell to be quite complex, it is not as straight forward as nice smells attract, but to get any results you have to remove any other factors, it’s pretty low down on the scale, looks are way more important etc.

There has been no chemical identified as a pheromone there may be one or more but no one has isolated one to date.
 Geordie_Colin
Msg: 10
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:47:35 PM
Smell of fear?
Is that why I fart so much on a first date so freely?
Thank buggery that I am not vegi!
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 11
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/5/2012 3:10:51 AM
On a date I do try to hone my sense of smell because there is much to fear.

Have you not sat in a bar opposite the huntress. The huntress has one thing on her mind and that is securing a husband. She treats every potential relationship as The One. She wastes no time in inquiring if her prey is open to matrimony. Time is of the essence with the huntress. Securing verbal declarations of love and commitment within a very short period is very important to her, as this reveals if she is "wasting her time."

Perhaps you had a coffee with the stalker. The stalker is the equivalent of a human GPS. She uses all available methods and technology that are at her disposal to let the object of her affection know she is there for him 24/7. Mobile phone calls, texting and online social networks are all wonderful for tracking and making sure he does not forget her. The social pages are also an excellent way to alert her to another female's presence. There are even some stalkers that believe they are not doing a thorough job without the old fashioned drive-by multiple times a week.

You might have found yourself walking along a beach at sunset with emoticon . The emoticon is wonderful at always sharing heartfelt emotions. She strives to assure the guy she is seeing of how very wonderful he and their relationship are to her. This is more than just the nice ego strokes we all deserve. There are constant calls, letters, messages and gifts assuring him of her undying sweetness. She recounts in detail about how absolutely great every waking second you spend together is. There is no love stronger than the one they share and certainly no one could adore him more than her.

Were you the one that had taken the Princess out to dinner? The princess is entitled and therefore obligations and protocol must be followed if one is to date within the royal court. A suitor must acknowledge that said princess comes first and all outside activities must be pre-approved. If it is deemed he is a friend with someone she finds unsavory, he must relinquish said person. Calls must be made on an hourly basis and the suitor must be available 24/7. Any plans must be made days, if not weeks, in advance. Trinkets of affection are highly encouraged. If there is failure to comply it will be noted that he is obviously flawed, lacking in judgement and simply does not care about her needs. He will be warned that he is in serious danger of being cast aside and turned into a toad.

Be afraid, be very afraid! Sniff!
 wanted555
Msg: 12
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:29:52 AM
well , i think simply if a mate has smells that you are leary about / such as lots of pimp style cologne , but " well its not so bad " you say cos you think you are attracted to him / no! sorry it was there to scare you away but you fell for the dodge / so yes there are smells of fear and you have to remind yourself to" not go there " trust me!
 CharityTrue
Msg: 13
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/5/2012 2:50:50 PM
I remember reading about women rating a man's attractiveness based on scent alone... men had worn t shirts for days on end with no other scent...
the women reacted to the shirts differently and I think there was some correlation with the women most preferring the scent of men with the most genetically different to them, and being repelled by the scent of men most genetically similar to them...
Seems like a biological inbuilt design to prevent birth defects...

ok I googled "men, t-shirt, smell, experiment"
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/6/l_016_08.html
and apparently it's not genetic dissimilarity, it's dissimilar immunity genes that are powerfully attractive to women in blind smelling tests...

also saw a doc where they filmed women in a german niteclub and all the sluttiest dressed ones were ovulating unbeknownst to them...
IME, biology dictates far more of what we find attractive than we realise or are willing to admit...
 bhawk01
Msg: 14
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:12:26 PM
Smell is a very large factor in courtship.
A simple way to see this is how the smell of a loved one makes you feel happy and comfortable (for example the smell of their clothing or hair.)
Its good to remember that our senses all overlap to some extent. For example the olfactory and taste senses overlap a fair amount to the point smell is necessary for tasting many foods. Some people also have the senses overlap in other ways, some people can "see" sounds as colourful waves/patterns.
All our senses are used in every part of our lives. We just dont realise how much as we are consciously indifferent to it.
 cheekylips
Msg: 15
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:22:11 PM
I agree the "man" smell in moderation can be quite horny Im talking a bit but not a lot
however a guy wearing joop..for me will get a instant head turn sniff you up

I have noticed that when Im ovulating more men notice me..maybe Im giving of some kind of vibe who knows ..be good to get that in a bottle
 *rem*
Msg: 16
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/5/2012 5:28:37 PM

I have noticed that when Im ovulating more men notice me..maybe Im giving of some kind of vibe who knows ..be good to get that in a bottle

Err no. How come women give vibes ad men have to smell "good" At times women can stink like dead frogs. A man couldnt even come close if he tried.
 cheekylips
Msg: 17
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:18:42 AM
eww Ive never smelt f dead frogs
but I have noticed that during my ovulation Im noticed more
 pauline2012
Msg: 18
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:19:57 AM
Well there's definitely a lot of bullshit that gets spouted on the internet.
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 19
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:22:04 AM
Eww thanks for that Tonto just eating my brekky

I love a man that smells nice.............having said that if a man meets you straight from work and they have a manual job they will smell a bit sweaty BUT its the ones that DO have an aversion to soap/water and deodrant are the turn off believe me I had a very short date with one not so long ago
 theoldbill
Msg: 20
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:35:30 AM

but I have noticed that during my ovulation Im noticed more

Is that a paid-for feature on POF?
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 21
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 3:14:40 AM
Is that a paid-for feature on POF?

what scratch and sniff Bill
 ariesagain
Msg: 22
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 3:39:34 AM
"however a guy wearing joop..for me will get a instant head turn sniff you up"

My goodness...I have just seen a profile stating that the female concerned finds Joop one of the biggest male turn-offs.

Go figure!
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 23
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 5:51:10 AM
Hey here is a thought for the ladys...to attract loads of men attention get some bacon sandwich perfum!

You cheeky sod!!!
Would that be with or without brown sauce
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 24
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 5:57:34 AM
Now I have the sound of Henry Cooper saying "splash it all ovverrr" thanks for that ITSSME
 wanted555
Msg: 25
view profile
History
the smell of fear
Posted: 3/6/2012 8:58:04 PM
that was my whole point "the dodge"
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > the smell of fear