Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Sent Messages.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 james2703
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Sent Messages.Page 1 of 1    
Not sure why, but recently all messages I send are not going into my Sent Box.

Not sure if this is a more wide-spread problem?

Regards
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/7/2012 3:51:12 PM
TONS of valid reasons first contact messages dont appear in your sent messages. They are NOT being sent as POF blocks first contact messages here due to both content and your own posting history. Go to the site help forum (one floor down) and read through the FAQ's as they have a whole section just on this subject

Cowboy
 madeleceng
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:01:17 PM
I've had 4 messages not show up in my sent messages in the last two days.
I've gotten a red banner "Message Sent! We strongly recommend that you look at the following users as well." just under the main navigation bar/menu on the "sent messages" page that loads after clicking on the send message button, but the sent messages aren't showing up in the list, and the users aren't showing up in my contact history. The message didn't contain any of the first contact no-no's.

What's up?

Brian.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:02:31 AM

The message didn't contain any of the first contact no-no's.
Yeah and if I had a nickle for every time I have heard that line and they were wrong I would be a rich man about now.

Yes it did trigger one of the MANY pof first contact email filters. Either message content or your own past posting history is why it was not sent.

Cowboy
 up2late82
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:18:45 PM

Yeah and if I had a nickle for every time I have heard that line and they were wrong I would be a rich man about now.

Yes it did trigger one of the MANY pof first contact email filters. Either message content or your own past posting history is why it was not sent.

That's an absolute garbage response. I've had the same problem for about a month now. Anyone replying assumes the people with this issue are doing something wrong, but it's just not the case. There's something broken in the site, and getting anyone to even look at it's impossible. I've wracked my brain for weeks trying to figure out what's wrong, about to just delete the account and make a new one.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/16/2012 8:07:26 PM

That's an absolute garbage response. I've had the same problem for about a month now. Anyone replying assumes the people with this issue are doing something wrong, but it's just not the case.
Actually your the one wrong. Been doing this for ages.

There's something broken in the site, and getting anyone to even look at it's impossible. I've wracked my brain for weeks trying to figure out what's wrong, about to just delete the account and make a new one.
Nothing broken. And a new profile wont help. If you get the message saying IT WAS SENT and yet it does not appear in your sent messages then it was blocked by POF's VERY STRICT first contact email filters due to either. Thats what this thread is about.

1) Your message content
or
2) Your posting history.

This is not rocket science. Try actually READING through the FAQ's and you can generally figure out what your problem is. A new profile wont solve anything.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5028773.aspx#10211646

Cowboy
 up2late82
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:24:10 AM

Actually your the one wrong. Been doing this for ages.

Congrats. Want a gold star?

Nothing broken. And a new profile wont help. If you get the message saying IT WAS SENT and yet it does not appear in your sent messages then it was blocked by POF's VERY STRICT first contact email filters due to either. Thats what this thread is about.

1) Your message content
or
2) Your posting history.

This is not rocket science. Try actually READING through the FAQ's and you can generally figure out what your problem is. A new profile wont solve anything.

Creating a new account fixed the problem. Unfortunately, people like you make the blind assumption that it must be the user doing something wrong. Despite having said 100x that I read that faq backwards and forwards, this is the type of response reporting a problem on this site gets.

Tell me, as someone who has never sent more than 2-3 new contact messages in a week, doesn't send anything profane or that would otherwise set off the filter, and doesn't send duplicate mails out, how would reading that again help?

Created new account, messages send fine. Incidentally, the account I'm posting from now also constantly tells me I have new messages, but my inbox is empty. No solution to that, either.

If anyone else here has this same issue, and you've done your homework on trying to fix this on your own, take note that this is the typical response you'll get for posting about it here. Emails to the cust. service account also go unanswered.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 8
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:21:28 PM

Tell me, as someone who has never sent more than 2-3 new contact messages in a week, doesn't send anything profane or that would otherwise set off the filter, and doesn't send duplicate mails out, how would reading that again help?

How do you know that your account did not trip some type of filter?

All the rules for email accounts are not posted, there are a few that are hidden for the very reason if people knew all the rules they would be easier to break.

Is it possible that something that you would consider very harmless triggered one of these filters and returned a false positive, yes it is possible.

Created new account, messages send fine. Incidentally, the account I'm posting from now also constantly tells me I have new messages, but my inbox is empty. No solution to that, either.

That would lead me to believe that your last account had tripped a flag, as the new account has cleared it up.

If anyone else here has this same issue, and you've done your homework on trying to fix this on your own, take note that this is the typical response you'll get for posting about it here. Emails to the cust. service account also go unanswered.

That is because you are a user, not a customer.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:00:55 PM
Creating a new account fixed the problem. Unfortunately, people like you make the blind assumption that it must be the user doing something wrong.
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem is my only guess. I told you the answer as simply as possible.

1) Your message content
or
2) Your posting history.
Read part two about ten times and see if it sinks in. Because you are not following along it will just happen again. YOUR POSTING HISTORY is the key here. Your tripping filters that stop future messages.

Incidentally, the account I'm posting from now also constantly tells me I have new messages, but my inbox is empty. No solution to that, either.

If anyone else here has this same issue, and you've done your homework
If you had perhaps done 2 minutes worth of homework you would of located this thread about your problem. Thats the problem with forums for answers. They expect you to be able to read and figure out the answer

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14983529.aspx

Oh yeah you said you fixed it with a NEW profile huh? Weird as it says you joined in 2009. What a shocker huh? (rolls eyes...)

Good Luck

Cowboy
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 10
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:46:32 PM

Oh yeah you said you fixed it with a NEW profile huh? Weird as it says you joined in 2009. What a shocker huh? (rolls eyes...)

Ah good catch.

Must mean he has more than one profile.
 up2late82
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:33:00 PM

Read part two about ten times and see if it sinks in. Because you are not following along it will just happen again. YOUR POSTING HISTORY is the key here. Your tripping filters that stop future messages.

Like I keep said it, read it a dozen times. This is like talking to a brick wall...

Well, since I'm posting on the OLD profile that has the problem, 2009 is about right. Roll your eyes all you want. Reading comprehension FAIL.
 up2late82
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Sent Messages.
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:35:23 PM

That is because you are a user, not a customer.

My experience with some of the issues on this site isn't exactly making me want to pay for it. I know people who'll be rude to me for free.
 MichaelJGolf
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Sent Messages....PROBLEMS
Posted: 3/20/2012 7:56:35 PM
I'm having the EXACT same problem. Sent messages are not posting. Accounts not deleted. Not violating POF rules per FAQ. Message sent with acknowledment at top "to then send to other profiles". This is a recent problem. Didn't want to set up another account or new account. SURELY there is something wrong with the system. IF the message doesn't meet users' filters, than it doesn't get sent. It's the messages sent that do NOT show up that is a problem

Was corresponding with another user who says the messages I had been sending are not being received or sporadic. So it's not through blocking, not meeting filters or whatever. Cowboy, you are being too dogmatic about responses and unless you know that the messages don't meet the criteria for a specific reason, PERHAPS the system is NOT working. Surely we don't all have to re-set up a new profile?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Sent Messages....PROBLEMS
Posted: 3/21/2012 7:26:32 AM

Was corresponding with another user who says the messages I had been sending are not being received or sporadic. So it's not through blocking, not meeting filters or whatever. Cowboy, you are being too dogmatic about responses and unless you know that the messages don't meet the criteria for a specific reason, PERHAPS the system is NOT working. Surely we don't all have to re-set up a new profile?
There is nothing broken here. POF incorporates MANY tight email filters here to block spammers and scammers on first contact messages. They are BLOCKED either due to message content (for example a DATE RANGE in a message such as 'I visited England in 1991-1992" would BLOCK THE MESSAGE FROM BEING SENT) or due to your own POSTING HISTORY!

This is just an example of the MANY MANY words and phrases that will block a first contact message.

If you feel this is not the case then you have ONE and ONLY ONE option to get further help

Contact customer service at CSR@pof.com. Whining in the forums wont help one bit.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5571514.aspx#5572308

Your answer is in msg 2, 99.9% of the time.

If you can setup a NEW IDENTICAL profile here and send the IDENTICAL MESSAGE word for word that was not sent before then it is your POSTING HISTORY. Nothing is broken. That means the spam filter IS WORKING as designed.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Sent Messages.