Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > user deleted their own account or deleted by admins?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cmeyer21
Msg: 1
user deleted their own account or deleted by admins?Page 1 of 1    
I had been emailing back and forth with someone for quite a while last night when all of a sudden my inbox with emails from that person were gone. I checked my sent box, same thing. I did a search to see if her profile was still there and it said user closed account...but I was reading through the forums and it seems that if a user closed their account some messages would still show up. Any idea what might have happened because it caught me completely by surprise...
 lightstar1
Msg: 2
user deleted their own account or deleted by admins?
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:12:33 PM
If POF delete a user, a name search will not turn them up - if you're getting 'user closed account' then that is what happened.
Why? who knows, it's happened to me a couple of times - I've ceased to be surprised by anything on the internet!

cmeyer21
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:17:43 PM
That's what I thought since it did say user closed account, but it didn't make sense to me because all messages to and from this person were gone.
I was definitely surprised because it happened so quickly...mid-conversation so I don't know why but, oh well I guess.
 Ms Taken
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:37:20 PM
If all the messages disappeared, she was deleted by the site. Still being able to find the name through a username search will happen if that exact name was ever used before by another profile and the owner of that profile deleted themselves. So what you're seeing on the username search could have been a profile that was deleted years ago.
 cmeyer21
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/10/2012 3:42:55 PM
Is it possible that I was blocked? Or would I still be able to see some messages if that was the case?
 Ms Taken
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 4:23:13 PM
If you were just blocked, only the messages in your Sent box would have disappeared. Any messages she sent to you would remain in your Inbox. You would also be able to find her in a username search without it saying the account was deleted.

If all messages sent and received disappear, she's been deleted by the system.
 Katie5557
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 5:18:00 PM
Help.. I deleted my account coz I cant adjust the initial detail. I am a woman, and not a man and there is advice to cancel and open a new account.
I see by this, that my account has not been deleted, and I cant open a new account because you already hold my email address.. and user names are being rejected.
Any advice????
 shyguy115
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 5:28:10 PM
Above, you could simply create a new email just to make a new account, I know hotmail only takes about a minute to set up an account. If usernames are getting rejected it is most likely because it is unsuitable, or already taken. Hope this helps.
 cmeyer21
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:26:28 PM
Thank you for the answers Ms Taken, I appreciate it...There's nothing I can do about what happened now but I'm glad I know
 cmeyer21
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:42:52 PM
I actually do have one more question about this....does the user being deleted have a warning or no?
 shyguy115
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:49:04 PM
Yes I do believe there is a warning. It would be pretty hard to accidently delete your account. Hope this helps.
 cmeyer21
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:51:22 PM
I was just wondering because like I said the user disappeared mid-conversation and there was no indication that something like that would happen....Thanks though :)
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > user deleted their own account or deleted by admins?