Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Anyone been hacked in last 24hrs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Darren301979
Msg: 1
Anyone been hacked in last 24hrsPage 1 of 1    
Anyone had there profile hacked into last night even this morning mine had changed that i was gay and i loved s*x and on my first date all i wanted to do was have s*x
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Anyone been hacked in last 24hrs
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:12:59 AM

Anyone had there profile hacked into last night even this morning mine had changed that i was gay and i loved s*x and on my first date all i wanted to do was have s*x
POF was not hacked. YOU are responsible for securing your own account here.

1) Go get a NEW email account. Use a NEW different password not used here or on your OLD email account.

Go edit your profile.

Update BOTH the email account with your new one and change the password.

Make this password DIFFERENT from the old one and different from the email account.

Cowboy
 shyguy115
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:26:18 AM
People use the word "hack" to much. Chances are you have a simple easy to guess password or you have given your info away to the wrong people. If there were hackers here they would be targeting POF's Databases trying to steal payment info and such, not singling out accounts for no real reason. Just thought I should clearify that.
 ami4Umaybe
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:05:01 PM
I had a friend complaining about "hacking" ... she had all her passwords auto-saved on her PC, so all anyone had to do was get to her computer. Yeah, those bad guys spent hours trying to figure out how to get in

If you surf the web on UNSECURED NETWORKS (wirelessly) at all, be sure the websites you are surfing on are HTTPS:// or bad guys can literally sniff your info right out of the air, and they dont need to be hackers they just need to download a browser plugin that allows anyone to do so!
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Anyone been hacked in last 24hrs