Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > the Dangers of Coffee      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mccullough64
Msg: 1
view profile
History
the Dangers of CoffeePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Coffee because it is fire roasted
and the starch of the bean is browned contain Acrylamides, which have been found to cause Cancer
and because it is a seed, is full of plant growth steroids that have been changed by the roasting.

so drinking it is sort of like smoking speed.

Tea even though it is roasted is much safer because it is a leaf with much less starch
and way fewer growth hormones.

I can just see in California where they have very strict laws concerning carcinogens.
On every can and bag of Coffee, a warning.
" May cause Cancer or other reproductive harm."

I think most people will just go into denial about this hazard and deny it.
claim it's a hoax or plot because they like to drink coffee.
like many people did with cigarettes.

what do you think, any thoughts?
 Belle Requin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:50:12 AM
I think everything except for vegetables is accused of causing cancer.

Like smoking weed? Um no. Not at all.

Personally, my hair doesn't look good in tin foil hats.
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:50:20 AM
coffee does not contain growth hormones but can stimulate the body to produce its own.......... you can always buy organic coffee and limit your consumption.

coffee has many good benefits, long as you drink it in moderation
 OneGodfather
Msg: 4
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/11/2012 12:49:23 PM
You know I dont believe anything I read anymore , I dont care its from the New England Journal of medicine to the CNN.

Years ago , they told you a apple a day keeps the doctor away well the pesticide on the apples kind of put a damper on that, Brush your teeth 3 times a day, but the fluoride in the toothpaste causes cancer, drink 8 glasses of water a day but their could be a problem with the water, problem with the plastic bottles.

Drink one glass of red wine its the Antioxidants in the grapes that is good for you , but now you can develop liver cancer, Diet soda is better for you but the Aspartame in it isn't healthy, dont eat at Denny's especially one near a post office because if one of the workers gets fired he tends to shoot up people at Denny's and so on and so on.

Every thing in moderation is fine, just be smart about it.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 5
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/11/2012 1:02:19 PM

Just like anything we consume it has possible harm and good.

coffee has many good benefits, long as you drink it in moderation

^^^^^^^Yes it does.
Some studies are being done on Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Cancer, asthma, heart arrhythmia ect
Some I assume decaf may be in some of these studies and not related to the caffeine.

Known diuretic if it has caffeine so if retaining fluids is an issue..A cup may help you.
I have seen allergic swelling and asthma helped by coffee.

Where your coffee comes from is what you should know.
As said again moderation if it has caffeine and buy organic.

Holding a cell phone to your brain would concern me more than a cup of coffee a day.
 LandonSteel
Msg: 6
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:58:59 PM
Coffee does have some known health benefits from what I have read, but too much caffeine is not good for you...remember everything in moderation.
 Tah,
Msg: 7
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:59:31 AM

Holding a cell phone to your brain would concern me more than a cup of coffee a day.

there's talk keeping it on your belt can create reperductive issues as well as cancer issues down 'there'...

they rekon using a mobile in moderation and useing it in speaker phone mode is the go..

i rekon afew cups of coffee could fuel a session studying this to find the ins and outs...
 Biowriter
Msg: 8
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:52:30 PM
Why is so difficult for people to just educate themselves about simple things...like coffee. There are enough published information on coffee that anyone who can read can learn about it. Why all these ridiculous opinions?
 kornbeep
Msg: 9
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:00:59 PM
Coffee isnt bad, but if you feel that way, there is always green tea. Oh nevermind, people are going to complain it cause cancer too.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 10
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:47:03 PM
all 3 habits stain teeth-good enough reason as any, besides the bitter taste of them to abstain I was rethinking green tea though for health. Anyone know if green tea stains teeth too?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 11
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/14/2012 9:54:21 AM
Coffee has one huge health benefit - it enables me to deal with idiots in my everyday life without caving to the temptation to high five their faces. Case closed IMO.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 12
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:08:20 AM
I love coffee but it gives me migraines and painful breasts.
Even the decaf is apparently too much.
I have to avoid it.
 R00T
Msg: 13
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:42:37 AM
I can not drink light roasted coffee. Only the dark roast coffee has the max benefits. Of course you should drink it in moderation. I am very sensitive so I can't drink it on a daily basis.
 IronBelle
Msg: 14
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:47:39 AM
Any thoughts? People will find something wrong with anything. And it changes all the time. One month, red wine is good. The next month we will die from it. I say people should simply worry about individual things that may be bad for them vs. what any article or journal says. What may be bad for * you * might not be for * me *.

I can drink 2 pots of regular coffee and go to sleep for 4 hours. Others may feel cracked out and cannot sleep. So, that alone means coffee, has a different effect on people.

I do not deny anything, I just eat and drink what I feel is okay in my body.
 FlyGuy17
Msg: 15
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:11:02 PM
My personal opinion is to become educated on how where things come from and how they work, and then decide if they're right for you.

Coffee is one of the most chemically treated products on the planet (tons of pesticides), but drinking organic can get around that.

There are bi-products that have shown a link to cancer, but like everything that causes cancer...moderation is important. I prefer tea, love yerba mate, and would suggest that with eating properly and understanding your blood-sugar levels, you may find you dont need that coffee at all if your body naturally has more energy.
 soicat
Msg: 16
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/25/2012 7:13:34 AM

I have seen allergic swelling and asthma helped by coffee.

I've spent many nights drinking cup after cup of coffee to get an asthma attack under control - typically when my lungs are too bad for an inhaler to have an effect - and my doctors have confirmed that coffee is an effective bronchodilator (although they'd prefer it if I went to a hospital).
 What_He_Said
Msg: 17
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/25/2012 10:50:18 AM

Many things in our daily lives may elevate the health risks, including those of cancers. I'm inclined to agree with the posters about moderation.

Besides, there is just something immensely gratifying about the aroma and taste of that first cup of coffee first thing in the morning.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/25/2012 9:18:28 PM
Not long ago scientists taught a mouse to drop a ball thru a hoop and it contracted cancer and now there is a bill in congress to ban basketball as it may cause cancer
 septjanjune
Msg: 19
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:21:25 PM
my cousins dad is in his 90s drank coffee all his life and is still alive i drank it for 40 years and healthy as can be. so i think its a bunch of bull. i think it builds up your immune system.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 20
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:38:56 PM

my cousins dad is in his 90s drank coffee all his life and is still alive i drank it for 40 years and healthy as can be. so i think its a bunch of bull. i think it builds up your immune system.

That would be a false attribution.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 21
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:24:57 AM
I'd be leary of drinking a 'lot' of coffee ....no idea, however, about cancer claims, etc. I have 3 cups or so of very mild coffee a day. No coffee-shop type coffee unless I'm out with someone or travelling.

Re food changed by roasting, etc. I don't know about coffee but I'm a vegetarian and sometimes go to raw vegan potluck dinners. I don't know if I could live a life of raw food but the folks sure look healthy and spry. It's encouraged me to eat 'less' cooked food. We live in a culture in which we just assumed that a meal means 'cooked' something or another. It's revealing how yummy a lot of meals taste with zero cooked ingredients. (but can't do away with my coffee).
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 22
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 4/3/2012 2:35:51 PM
Found out the dangers of tripping over a low rider dog walking to get exercise today.
I guess that did it, maybe it was the yoga..
ANYTHING can be dangerous if used or done wrong / carelessly op

I need coffee and an icepack.
 mccullough64
Msg: 23
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:57:36 AM
It may be possibble to "Supersteam" hat the beans to cooks the which would cut out the acylimides and cut way down on the steriods with are made more toxic by the roasting process but only pure estate grown arabica beans should be used such as jamaica blue mountain and the farmers sure could use the business no ariabica robusta hybrids no robusuta and arabica contains naturally less caffine until the manufactures provide steamed bean it might be possible to buy green beans and stem the your self in a bamboo wok three tier steamer no metal no more than two cups per day an green tea even black tea is great leaves have very few miniscule amounts of steriods and even when roasted darkhave very few acrylimdes and small amount over of them and less is used per cup
 The_wise_fool
Msg: 24
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:22:37 AM
I strongly disagree!! I am a personal trainer and fitness blogger, Coffee will only cause negative side-effects if taken excessively i.e. 6+ cups per day. The same rule applies to all food products!!

Coffee actually has 4 times more antioxidants than green tea. Antioxidants are a proven form of nutrition that has been showen to decrease your chances of getting cancer... yeah it's true that that there is negative side-effects such as increase blood pressure (only short-term), sensitivty problems, and also low grade processing problems. But actually mordern researh has shown quite the opposite, there are hugh benefits that are assciated with coffee, such as improved cardiovascular function (blood vessels are heathier), good for pre-workout (gets you pumped up), and can improve focus and concentration and these are not similiar to what you would get when taking speed "thats non-sense!"
 mccullough64
Msg: 25
view profile
History
the Dangers of Coffee
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:14:21 PM
candadiaians have had a fun time harassing me i will not be comming and we will be boycotting you if there is any thing left. you did not respond as you agreed as requird by UNcharter we are bring the plant back closer to the sun by blowing nuke and bombs world wided and the queen could not and did not wish to protect you if she still exists.and cell chone are radio actice mini bombs and bugging device try putting one in a micro wave when your out of the room and house. and using the phone to turn it on and later the phone
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > the Dangers of Coffee