Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Peanut Butter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Neptune-Up
Msg: 1
Peanut ButterPage 1 of 1    
But cashew-
Nut butter
Is better,
No?

Regardles of its availability in the USA, cashew-nut butter tends to be hard, impossible, or unaffordable to buy, in other countries. It is, however, worth getting, at least from time-to-time, for it is even better than peanut butter. Should its producers and retailers be reminded of this? After all, there must be a vast potential market for it
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 2
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:06:41 AM

But cashew-
Nut butter
Is better,
No?

Based on what criteria?

Should its producers and retailers be reminded of this? After all, there must be a vast potential market for it

If the market is vast it would have already been tapped.
 Neptune-Up
Msg: 3
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:08:42 AM
What criterion,
or
which criteria?

For me, it's good taste
 idiot_savant
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:54:35 AM
is roast better than steak?...are hamburgers better than hot dogs?...is pea soup better than onion soup?...
peanut butter makes better peanut butter cookies than cashew butter...
if you are so insistant on making this cashew butter or whatever...make your own
 texasbaby
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:04:29 AM
I have one child who has peanut allergy, so I tried that for him, but he hated it. I found it to be very dry and pasty and as a general rule I like cashews too .
It wasn't hard to find where I shop, it was right next to the almond butter and the peanut butter. Yes it costs more than peanut butter, just like a jar of cashews costs more than a jar of peanuts.
But, if you like it, great, that's what you should buy.

tb
 Neptune-Up
Msg: 6
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:05:14 AM
I'm by no-means insistent, unless it comes to orthograpy – see?
And making my own cashew butter wouldn't be easy in my part of the world. I'd like to though
 Neptune-Up
Msg: 7
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:11:01 AM
It may interest you that in Germany groundnuts are rather expensive, while cashew nuts, though cheaper than, say, in the UK, are still not quite affordable. It interests me
 idiot_savant
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:16:47 AM
dude...if it were viable...it woulda been done already
 Neptune-Up
Msg: 9
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:23:44 AM
Would there be any other kind of `butter´, perhaps available, or even well-known in America, made of similar tubers or nuts, that we're yet to know-about in Europe?
 vbxtc
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:35:36 PM
At the Trader Joe's and/or Target near me there are:
Peanut butter
Almond butter
Cashew butter
Sunflower butter
Hazlenut butter
Chocolate peanut butter
White Chocolate peanut butter
Nutella (hazlenut and chocolate spread)

I'd be willing to bet you can find any or all of the above online.
 Neptune-Up
Msg: 11
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:32:49 PM
Goodness!
Thanks for letting me know. The almond, hazelnut, or sunflower spread sounds good. And it seems that there may be similar ones in the wings, so to speak. I wonder at what they could be
 cathybait
Msg: 12
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:00:45 PM
I made Brazil nut butter myself, very good, plan on making other's, I also think making cookies from other nuts besides peanuts would be awesome, especially without all the other additives you get from store bought ones.
 CharminC
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:22:19 PM
is roast better than steak?...are hamburgers better than hot dogs?...is pea soup better than onion soup?...
peanut butter makes better peanut butter cookies than cashew butter...

^^
I am SO using this argument in my next organic, Gap wearing, Timmy's coffee drinking, P.A.C members, mommy group!

fyi; pumpkin seed butter on wholegrain toast is yummy.
You could just try and find whatever nuts you like and can get your hands on and make your own butter. Experiment on ways to eat it. Toast, crackers, veggies or bake with it.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 8:23:34 PM
Hazelnut butter is delicious. I add it to smoothies with cocoa for a ferrero rocher flavour. Even better if you add a banana...
 vbxtc
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:13:53 PM
And tonight at another grocery:
Cinnamon Swirl (cinnamon and raisins) peanut butter
Tahini (sesame seed paste)
Soybean butter
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:46:54 PM
cashew butter is fantastic. almond too.

i'd like to try macadamia.

with mom's blackberry or blueberry jelly.

on fresh french bread.

k.w.
needs to call mom
 cathybait
Msg: 17
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:50:01 AM
Macadamia nut butter is good but does have a lot more fat content in it but at least it's good fat, and it's a thinner consistency, so it would be great for spreading on bread.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:58:10 AM
I have a jar of cashew nut butter in my cupboard... I like the flavour, but the consistency sucks.

I'm strongly considering picking up a jar of almond honey butter when I go shopping next, though I'm not holding out much enthusiasm for a better than peanut butter product.
 cathybait
Msg: 19
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:56:15 PM
I'm not sure what the consistency of cashew butter is I haven't tried it yet but maybe you can mix another kind with it to make the consistency you'd like, macadamia is fairly smooth, one trick my daughter showed me was when you first open a jar is to get your hand mixer out and only but one beater in it and mix it really well and you'll never have to mix it again and keep it refrigerated, also almond butter is nice if you like almonds you will like I find the consistency of it be be just fine.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/27/2012 4:31:23 PM
Yes.Hope'they'make CoCoNutButter & Macadamia Nut Butter & others.. yet which is healthier & still tasty looks good smells great etc & won't be expensive & readily avail. Choices! &I for one Would like to try CashewNutButter too. (&With Nutella makes HeavenlySandwhiches ever known. Besides smokedsalmon sandwhiches & others.)
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 21
Peanut Butter
Posted: 3/27/2012 7:06:23 PM
Sesame Tahini mixed with honey.. OMG... AMAZZZZZZZING It's really high in calories but it's very strong in flavor so you only need a very little bit... half a tablespoon of this mixture and sliced apples makes a fabulous dessert.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Peanut Butter