Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Free POF...?????????? [closed - redundant]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UandMe_LetsMingle
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Free POF...?????????? [closed - redundant]Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Whats happening to our so called FREE SITE ?????
Seems its getting picked apart,,less and less free access...
You ( POF ) and your advertisers will both suffer if we all delete our accounts...

Marcus... get a brain...

Please post all questions/issuse/suggestion regarding your subject to the following already in progress discussion:

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here

Thread Closed - Redundant - Please Use the Forum Thread Search Tool

CoMoJohn
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:45:14 AM
It was wrong when some features were moved "behind the curtain" last time. Now you are removing one of the most valuable features of the site? That's not just wrong; it's egregious.

When I joined POF years ago, the text on this site said that it was free and promised it would always be free. Guess what? Charging monthly memberships means it ain't free. You are going to be losing lots of members to o.k.c.u.p.i.d and other truly free sites with this kind of move.

You need to put in more advertising and completely eliminate the subscription model. Now.
 bud540
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:46:24 AM
Agreed. It is almost to the point where I will delete my profile. is going to take over because that site is still completely free. POF was getting big because it was an alternative to the outrageous pay sites. Now, it is just another one of them. You should really re-consider your strategy. I saw a page that said it is to reduce the amount of advertising on the page - like I believe that. Ever since you started reducing the free access, I have not seen a decrease in the amount of advertising.
 Beautiful_Deviant
Msg: 4
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:47:08 AM
Feel free to remind Markus WHY he created the site...

Why?
My name is Markus Frind and I created plentyoffish.com. I created this dating site because I was sick of seeing faceless corporations prey on people looking for love. In my mind finding love is not about handing over a monthly fee to some dating site that only cares about making sure you stay another month to pay them again.

We are Different
Plentyoffish.com is a 100% FREE online dating site and constantly changing based on your feedback, and you will notice everything on this online dating site is done so that you can meet people you have personally selected, and you can do it quickly. For example, we are the only major dating site that allows users to block messages from whole groups of other users they aren't interested in. No other dating site would do this as more individual contacts means more money.

Money? Who Cares
I am well aware that Plentyoffish.com could make millions of dollars per month as a subscription service. I couldn’t care less about how much money Plentyoffish.com could make; this site is different. This site wasn't created to mine user’s pocketbooks. Plentyoffish.com is here to make a difference and help people find "the one".
 john_in_bh
Msg: 5
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:49:46 AM
"See who viewed your profile!"

Outrageous! I knew it will come down to this sooner or later.
 tkny20
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:52:12 AM
This is just money-hungry now, and STUPID - look at the biggest site in the world - Facebook manages to keep features free and KEEPS ADDING!

POF is known to many (at least in Canada) just as well as FB, so how they are hurting for cash I have no idea
 Manu54
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:58:37 AM
Could not agree more....c'mon guys & girls where to go next, lets have some suggestions !
Are you reading these posts Marcus ?
 bakagin4u
Msg: 8
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:05:55 AM
Its now "pay as you view" Marcus should be made to eat his words !! I just hope he finds the time to read all the posts from unhappy people out there many of whom are deleting their accounts and going to look elsewhere !!
 edward512
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:07:16 AM
Everyone has the right to make something for their efforts..you offer a free site to meet people...thats great...to sell ads on the site is great for you to run the site and put some bucks in your pocket, and I would think good bucks, ads don't come cheap, so you want to become just like the rest of the dating sites so be it, don't beat around the bush, just outright charge for the service, and don't mislead people get them to join, sell ads than turn around and charge a fee to people that helped you build this site to the high status it has on the internet, keep the advertising, and think of the people that helped with your high status and keep it free...it works for facebook.......
 raptor8499
Msg: 10
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:30:20 AM
ok first they took away the ability to see if some one read your message i let that slide but now they want u to pay for the ability who view your profile i love this site and i can afford to pay for it and now i wont know if some one i looked at looked back at me there has to be a way to make this feature free i don't care about adds the need to make this feature free again
 davedzubak
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:49:10 AM
Well....maybe not a great loss to POF...but I will be moving on elsewhere...this is truly the "Great American Rip Off"...amazing how my connection went to a Yahoo page... directly...! Then to the you must join our "Upgraded" membership...requiring us to pay...Now...best check with the history of Facebook...when they attempted the same "slick" manuever...people forget how fast word gets around and we use computers quite a bit nowadays...I may be older...but most assuredly...WISER...than Mr. Markus and crew of cronies !
Thanks ...but know thanks to your....Obivious...attempt at candy coating the truth...just come out and say...Hey folks...this is now going to be a paid dating site...PLEASE...do not shove a up my posterior and tell me ...It's for my benefit !
Thank you Time ta bounce people
 minitrux
Msg: 12
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:04:40 PM
Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

this was cut from the top of the page POF management!!!!! you have become the same as RSVP, ZOOSK, and all the other sites.If this is the case then I will be forced to cancle my membership and all the people that I know who I have had dealings with, I will be telling them the same.
 dudeyoushouldknow
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:17:51 PM
Hey POF...you know you were not the first dating site on the net..Right?...We all came to this site because we knew it being free would bring in more people.more people =the site will work.
Now if the site is no longer free then i see no need for it. Why not go to one of the much larger sites will the same fees.
You money grab will cost you everything in the end..You're like the Plexico Burris of online dating sites.
 acousticdreams
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:22:01 PM
good post and spot on !! R.I.P POF
 davedzubak
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:23:25 PM
PLEASE READ WHAT YOU ADVERTISED...POF STATED THE ABOVE....Thank you minitrux ! I guess you'll have to remove that lil' bit of advertising...or face a law suit or two....the only one's who get richh then are the...LAWYERS !!! No offense the the lawyers out there...LOL !
 ChiCountryBoy
Msg: 16
Removing advertisers and charging for features = free?
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:33:59 PM
So now from a "free site" to a paid site. Removing advertisers and charging for every feature is calling it a paid site. Why be here. Very upset nw you can see who has viewed you. You even could se who read your messages.

Was nice to find people who you might not other wise find. Let the people who want to pay to be feature pay and help out. Besides all the advertising for for porm amd other dating sites which are paid. Which we dn't use them cause there paid.

Vert upset. Guess ok cupid is the only one left. Not happy. C

an go to match or eharmoney for slightly more if you use the coupon codes. Buut match doesnt delete or hide inactive users they just call them all users last log in 30 or more,which could mean years. Them eharmoney dont let you pick they choice your matches.
 ladywyatt
Msg: 17
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:35:44 PM
Goodbye free POF !!! You are not much different than the pay sites now. What's next? Hide our messages??
 Goodthingitsfree
Msg: 18
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:09:26 PM
HMMM.... Netflix did something stupid one time...and they are barely hanging on...they are always begging me to come back.
 dangermouse66
Msg: 19
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:13:12 PM
Cudnt agree more. We've slowly but surely been conned into this with them grooming our trust for over 5yrs well FUHK EM!!!!!!! I'm off.
 Justaboutready
Msg: 20
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:13:55 PM
Markus IS a hyopcrite.. nuff said

Everyone go edit your profile/mail options to 'NO' on allowing a member to see who'd viewed them....that way even if they're a paid member, they are screwed too!
 ERMike
Msg: 21
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:30:13 PM
Awesome idea... never would have thought of that.
 armybeef68
Msg: 22
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:56:57 PM
ok, so what's his email? I'll be more than happy to copy and paste this and send it to him
 up2late82
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:49:08 PM
Waiting around to see what happens, but if this change stays in place, count me gone as well. The major appeal of this site was that everything was free. Once that changes, it has to compete with features of all the other pay sites. As far as pay dating sites go, there really are plenty of other fish out there.
 acousticdreams
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:59:06 PM
quote "Everyone go edit your profile/mail options to 'NO' on allowing a member to see who'd viewed them....that way even if they're a paid member, they are screwed too! unquote

there should be a thread just for that awesome idea..well done !!
 minigt1380
Msg: 25
Free POF...??????????
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:34:05 PM
Well, lets hope everyone cancel now, what a waste of everyone's time this site is now.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Free POF...?????????? [closed - redundant]