Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME - I'd rather see ads than pay!! [closed - redundant]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 open.field
Msg: 1
VIEWED ME - I'd rather see ads than pay!! [closed - redundant]Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The Viewed Me feature is the only interesting feature that has kept me on this site after the novelty wore off.

You say you're making this feature available only to upgraded members so that you can reduce the need for advertising. Way to sell the wrong message to the wrong crowd. I'd rather see some ads than pay for this service.

Please post all questions/issuse/suggestion regarding your subject to the following already in progress discussion:

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here

Thread Closed - Redundant - Please Use the Forum Thread Search Tool

bampow
Msg: 2
VIEWED ME - I'd rather see ads than pay!!
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:49:34 PM
I will be leaving this site on 3/26/12 if this service is not restored. I encourage all users to join with me. This isn't the only game in town.
Of course as a user I can have an opinion on this! I am voting with my time and with what pof wants, my money! Lol! Check out the forum on other free sites!
 MisterWrite2013
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:16:59 PM
This looks like a case of "fixing" something that's NOT BROKEN, only to break it.
 Cat tamer
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:22:48 PM
Totally agree, too many dating sites want money before you can send messages/see who's viewed your profile, or even get a good idea how many people are active in your area.

I don't mind paying to send/receive messages so much, but not being able to see who is in your area, or has viewed me, has made me leave plenty of dating sites without paying.

If this is the start of charging for *everything* on POF...I'd rather have some adverts!!
 kasaubon
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:31:01 PM
I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining.. in these issues I'm more on the side of the establishment than users who are going to whine and complain about not getting everything for free (and not saying any of the previous replies are in that category)...

This is, however, the most important function to have disappeared behind the pay wall to date...

The way it stands, why would anyone even try to compete against POF?

The closer it gets to a "browse for free, pay to contact" model, the more room is being left for an upstart to come in and grab some market share. This site is HUGE, but.. does anyone remember MySpace? It WAS facebook at one point.

I feel this change. But I'm not unhappy or mad, I totally understand it. And I'm still not going anywhere.
 luke1689
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:35:43 PM
i rememeber the times when all the features were free i dont use any other sites as not paying money just tosend /recieves messages this one seems one very few decent sites left that doesnt have as premium feature
 SuperSmallz
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:40:28 PM
I don't like to pay for something that was free just last week. A new feature, sure, make it for pay only, but not something you gave regular members for so long.

I and my gfs will stay members until the end of the month, if it's still for pay by then, we are going to leave.
 mlissa1969
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:44:12 PM
yeah i mean to me they shouldnt do this going to loose alot of people to charge for something that was free
 cop292
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:46:47 PM
They started out by charging to view if someone has read your email, and now they are charging to see if someone viewed you... they are becoming match.com, with less attractive people. POF needs to realize they are going after a different target demographic, one in which "free" is good. If I have to start paying, I'll go back to match. Anyone who believes the "Our goal at POF is to charge for addon features that allow us to make enough money so that we can eventually remove all advertising from the site." is an idiot. That explanation is for the stupid people. POF's goal is to make more money... they don't care where they get it... advertisers or YOU! That's fine, as this is a capitalistic society... But if POF is going with the match.com model, they need to attract higher quality people... then someone else can use the old POF model, and make big bucks from the advertisers, instead of the clients... EVERYONE is happy!!!
 TRACTORlol
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:47:00 PM
DEAR POF, making ppl pay to see who views them EPIC FAIL, way to decrease the number of people using your site, idiots
 tangoglitz
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:47:02 PM
I would MUCH rather see ads than pay. In fact the ONLY reason I've remained on this site is because it is free. I will NOT pay. I too will be leaving if the "viewed me" section is not restored as a free feature.
 tgirlcarol
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:48:07 PM
this site use to be 100% free we are slowly having to pay for certain fetures so do 1 of 2 things (a) put more ads on or (b) make it into a payed site and loose most of your members

there are lots of other good 100% free sites that we can use if this site keeps making us pay for more and more fetures

i do not pay for the fetures on this site and never will it will come to a stage where i will not use this site as we keep loosing fetures so bring back more ads
 truebloodguy
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:50:14 PM
we could all move to mingle2.com thats free
 EnticedSoul
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:51:09 PM
I honestly don't see myself paying for a site like this. I mean, this is a great site and all - if it's a non-paying site. The features that I get without paying are good enough for me - though, I am very disappointed that they are trying to get us to pay for the "viewed me" feature. It was always refreshing to see people that may or may not be interested in you back, and it gave more hope on giving that person a chance to talk with them. And, it's always interesting to see who viewed you, even if you never viewed them. I think a feature like that, though, from what I just read, most sites you would have to pay for, on this site - should stay free. Well, all of a sudden this feature is a pay feature - a part of the premium. I don't ever see ads on this site, anyway. I use Google Chrome and I use AdBlock - whether that has to do with it, or not - I've never seen ONE ad to begin with!! So, it's kinda redundant to tell someone, like myself, "we need your money to get rid of the ads that you don't even see!!"

Give us back this feature! Because those that used it wisely will most likely leave this site and not spend their money - because we all are aware of the other sites out there, that will give us more than what you give us. Not that we cannot find something on here, but there are better sites that are worth the pay - that will give us more and possibly better results.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:53:32 PM
Rest assured people, that regardless of how many members cave in and pay for the upgrade they WILL NEVER get rid of the ads. It's their bread & butter of revenue. Just a lame excuse to try to increase their bottom line.

Getting rid of the ads would be like Exxon Mobil getting rid of selling gasoline.
 dirtsniffer
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:56:44 PM
so long POF
 bikenrunnswimn
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:56:59 PM
Obviously, some decision maker at POF did not put much thought into this "brilliant" idea. Did I miss something, or did the change in the Viewed Me feature occur overnight, without warning? Perhaps Markus Frind should work a little harder at getting advertisers than risk losing members.

Next he will ask us to pay for membership on POF. I won't pay for the Viewed Me feature let alone membership on this site.
 Taz The Almighty
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:57:56 PM
Have been away for a couple of weeks...... and i find this! see ya POF, i'm not paying for it you greedy **stards
 melonface
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:00:15 PM
100% FREE Dating Service, Free Photo Personals, Chat ... i suspect you shall be changing this title to 53% free ? or...
 TheSquirt
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:03:47 PM
IN my experience, on pay sites, there are more scammers than real people. They pay for it because they make more money scamming people. I won't ever pay for a site. This is one of the few sites that is free and almost free of scammers. The top sites, match, eharmony ALL have scammers, even though they claim to screen their clients.

POF is going to lose a lot of people, but apparently, all they care about is the bottom line and they will get their money, even if it is from scammers. As someone else said, is still totally free.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:07:20 PM
I wonder when we will start to pay for using their email, or even the Forums here?
 wilsonvt
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:10:34 PM
So now you will be be charging for this "add on feature" that you've always had available? Thats not an add on feature, you've always had it.
YOU NEED TO LOOK UP THE DEFINITIONS OF THOSE WORD AS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN.
IDOTS :modhammer:
 nodakguy1983
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:11:40 PM
Exactly. This site was already going down the shitter. This drove the last nail through the coffin.

ALL ABOARD THE OKC TRAIN!!!
 MetalArtNerd
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:12:35 PM
I will also be leaving without this feature.
 dlighter
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:15:30 PM
Exactly. It's just not good business. If you offered something for free, you don't take it away from them. If you offer a new service, then you can make it a paid only option. I suspect that they will soon say "You cannot see images until you pay up." and "Give US money to view YOUR messages."

"Free dating site" is becoming, "It's only free to sign up, but you have to spend your life savings on our features to only hope you find someone you are looking for..."

So Yea, if more free features are going to vanish and only be available for only paid members...I am leaving this site..
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME - I'd rather see ads than pay!! [closed - redundant]