Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The War on Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The War on WomenPage 1 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
From the hundreds of anti-women's rights bills, to the name calling, shutting out women in giving testimony, and politicization of womens health care in general, it's becoming widely accepted that there is indeed a war on women, prominently from the far right of the US. Seeking to set back women's rights and health care decades or in some cases a century or more, the attacks on women via legislation is escalating to an obsecene level with yet more absurd bills.

In Kansas, the right to lie bill for doctors puts women and fetuses in dire danger, merely because a health care provider has a different religious view of health care.
https://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom/kansas-pregnant-women-little-lie-your-doctor-wont-hurt-you

In Arizona, the Theocrats want to allow employers to decide if women are allowed to obtain birth control via the employers insurance plan, and even further to have the right to fire a women merely for using birth control.
http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom/use-birth-control-youre-fired

How far do you think this will go before the war on women implodes on itself or will we do that slide back decades? Will serious numbers of women desert the GOP for good over this assault?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 2
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:50:44 PM
I'm honestly curious how anyone who is either female, ethnic, union, middle class, poor, or gay can justify voting Republican this go round.

They certainly have spewed enough hate in all their directions to make their feelings clear.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 3
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:17:53 PM
Please tell me this isn't a thinly disguised " I hate Republicans" thread?
I just learned about the Tea Party and what they stand for and unless I'm missing something I dont see where they hate women, middle class, gays etc.

They are not fond of unions okay I understand that, they want less government and responsible government , what is wrong with that?
 Paul K
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:23:09 PM
Hey oneGod...........

"You wrote:Please tell me this isn't a thinly disguised " I hate Republicans" thread?"

No, actually it is not very thinly disguised...................

Paul K
 lotustemple
Msg: 5
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:28:59 PM
Why isn't the morning pill more popular? How did America get so stupid that pregnant ice addicts are successfully influenced not to abort?

Somehow or another but clearly with much lobbying and advertising the far right has managed to create a very dumb population oblivious to womens rights. Devolution hand in hand with the love affair with the fetus.

According to the bible belt...it's ok to send 18 yr olds with fully developed nervous systems capable of feeling immense pain into battle to die. Yet its not ok to abort a fetus with no pain sensors or consciousness developed yet???? Brilliant.

This planet is so pathetically overpopulated its reached a point where every new child born is taking vital resources and oxygen away from those who are trying to live a healthy life.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 6
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:33:55 PM
Neither party is free from sin. but all in all the Republican party revels in their hate and brings it to such a vicious level is it hard to stomach. The show of forgiveness is a sign of weakness and a betrayal to the party and is not tolerated. I has indeed become a party that is listening to a small and loud base and not that of the majority of their constituents. If they indeed want to defeat the evil overlord Darth Obama, they need to rally the entire fleet of storm troopers and not just the ones wearing deep red, it will be their undoing.

The Republican nattering certainly sounds as if it is a war on women, no matter how many times Rush and his ilk deny that it is only to stop the leeches from suckling at the teats of the government . Ahh it appears that the party doesn't know anymore what they stand for, they hear only the beating of the drums of war.
 Paul K
Msg: 7
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:41:19 PM
Hey lotus......

You wrote:
"According to the bible belt...it's ok to send 18 yr olds with fully developed nervous systems capable of feeling immense pain into battle to die. Yet its not ok to abort a fetus with no pain sensors or consciousness developed yet???? Brilliant. "

Please read below:

"Studies using ultrasounds have shown that a fetus reacts to stimulation in the womb. For example, neurobiologist M. Fitzgerald reported in "Neurobiology of Fetal and Neonatal Pain" (1994) that at 7.5 weeks' gestation, a fetus responds to stimuli. Around 10.5 weeks, a fetus whose mouth region is touched will bend his or her head in response, and the palms of the hands become sensitive to stroking. The rest of the body and legs become sensitive at approximately 13.5 weeks.

Read more: At What Stage of Development Does Fetus Feel Pain? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5014868_stage-development-fetus-feel-pain.html#ixzz1p2UxftI7"

No pain?

Paul K
 Paul K
Msg: 8
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:51:12 PM
Hey lotus

Further...... In the US, and I can't speak for other nations, our military forces are VOLUNTARY.......... and they know full well that they will most likely be sent to combat zones, and take that risk on with full knowledge. Let me know if you have found a way to have a fetus volunteer to be aborted, and then you'll have something to argue about.

Paul K
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 9
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:51:22 PM
The "war on women" is a failed attempt of the left to remove the eyes of the public off the real problems the current President has created or ignored.

He can't campaign on any accomplishments as the economy is still firmly in the red, gas prices are more than doubled after he stopped US drilling. Gas was $1.84 a gallon when he took office it is now more than double that.

Unemployment is rampant and the current numbers do not reflect the true state of jobs in the US as many are underemployed or have just given up looking for work.

The welfare rolls have grown over 40% since he came into office.

Yeah if I had messed up as bad as him I would want to fabricate something to take the eyes of the voter off my record as well.

PS Don't feed the trolls.
 lacalli
Msg: 10
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:52:30 PM

You wrote:Please tell me this isn't a thinly disguised " I hate Republicans" thread?"

No, actually it is not very thinly disguised...................

Nope, women have no intention of leaving the GOP. Much less in droves. Deal with it. I believe in abortion, gay marriage and belong to a union. And I vote. And I vote Republican. I know you want to put everyone in a box but it doesn't fit.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 11
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:01:49 PM
I haven't left the GOP nor do I plan to. And while I've never had an abortion, I gasp!! support women's rights to do so. As do all my friends who belong to my party.

While you and your friends may be moderate republicans...unfortunately, you are becoming as rare as big foot...the holy grail...and nirvanna all rolled up as one.

Because truly, there is a concerted effort among the red states to restrict abortion so that no one will be able to get one...and limit reproductive healthcare so that only a very few will have access...if any at all...and make it so that the only sex that is legal will be to procreate...or the occassional trip to the Dominican (or foot wiggle morse code under the stall wall)
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:22:55 PM
The War on Women is a thinly disguised attempt on the far right to admit that making Obama fail has been the primary directive since he gained office. If one looks at the stats for the number of anti-women's rights bills introduced since 2010 vs. the number of pro-jobs bills introduced by the far right, it clearly shows that they need hot button social issues to distract from the progress made in recovering from the policies of the previous administration.

Look at the jobs situation in the last couple of years of Bush v. the jobs recovery stats by the Obama years, and look at what Republican pundits said about Bush's $4 gas in 2008 and it is clear, that taking the eyes off the failings of congress is truly a partisan game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEnKdBAb_o&feature=share

And more centrist women are taking the hint that this "war on women" and other distractions are indeed an attempt to bypass responsibility to work together to fix the things that really need fixing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/us/politics/centrist-women-tell-of-disenchantment-with-gop.html?_r=3&pagewanted=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

Joyce Kimball, a retired secretary in Greenville, Ill., who voted for Mr. McCain in 2008, said she had recently become “fed up,” adding that it was not out of the question for her to vote for a Democrat in November. “I’m looking to hear how the candidates propose to put people back to work, not what they think about contraception,” she said. “I hope to God they stop talking about this.” ....A rally for women’s rights in San Diego on Thursday drew Jessica Lopez, 27, a registered independent who said she voted for President George W. Bush in 2004. Ms. Lopez said her choice this year became clear amid the Republican debate on contraception and abortion. “This has really energized me, that I need to get more involved with the Obama campaign,” she said.

Mildly annecdotal, but clearly showing a shift toward reason over theocratic dreams.
http://jezebel.com/5892759/mildly-conservative-women-abandoning-the-he+man-woman+hating-gop?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:27:03 PM
Pretty interesting war on women....

One woman showed up.

Sort of says something, doesn't it?
And the one woman who did show up, made perfect sense to me.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 14
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:45:27 PM
Im sorry Earthpuppy but this conspiracy like theories /propaganda reminds me of the communists talk McCarthy used to preach about, I for one dont believe the GOP is waging a war against women, I think its a tactic by the Democrats( and a poor one) to shade Team Obama and his administration because they are afraid he will lose the election in November

The Democratic party knows that today women face really no restrictions getting contraception, The Obama camps know that Republicans aren't going to stop women from getting contraception,They know that nine in 10 employer-based health care plans already cover contraception, they know community clinics cover virtually all the costs, so this is a totally phony issue pushed by partisans who have no strategy other than to go negative, dividing Americans along racial, ethnic and now gender lines.

President Obama's supporters are misrepresenting what's going on and they're deceiving the American people just so he can retain power, This is child's play ,cynical and dishonest, his approval ratings are way down and he is finding out most Americans dont buy that can of soup he is peddling.

I like for once for you to present actual facts not links to opinions, I can send you links that show the Neil Armstrong didn't land on the moon, but I can show you links that says Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and did the jig and he tried hard not to fart in his space suit thingy he was wearing.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 15
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:12:32 PM
Hang on now.

The Democrats didn't create this issue - Republicans did. There are Republican legislatures that are passing legislation which is making it harder for women to get contraception. A GOP legislature is the one that passed the completely ridiculous ultrasound requirement in Virginia. It was Rush who went on a three day character assassination of a law student who provided testimony about non-contraceptive uses of birth control pills. It has been all the Republicans who have jumped up and down that requiring insurance plans to cover contraceptive care is somehow an infringement on religious liberty.

Yes it's a phony issue. But not one pushed by Democrats.
 judydentures
Msg: 16
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:15:24 PM
Ludicrous. Absolutely silly.
The war is a war on white men and the white race in general. Contraception and abortion are to blame for the fact that white birth rates are below replacement, and demographics say that whites will become a minority by 2042. This is a more accurate analysis of the cultural trend, not this PC nonsense you're spewing.
Furthermore, you lack the insight to see that the bottom line has nothing to do with political parties, and everything to do with the wishes of the oligarchy. The global elites are more than happy to displace whites with third world people, both for labor and for the tax base.
As for issues regarding all aspects of health coverage, such issues will be resolved by screwing the taxpayers and throwing money at the insurance companies, as if they actually need higher profits.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 17
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:18:45 PM
I revel in my political correctness and find great distain for racist bigots...they do not speak for me nor the founders of this country.
 lovelikewinter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:24:11 PM
There is no "war on women." The only thing more condescending then limiting birth control pills is men from other parties sitting there thinking they have to swoop in and save us poor little girls in the Republican party. We can vote and stand up for ourselves. If I felt my basic liberties threatened, I would vote for another party. Also, if I am not mistaken, wasn't Obama under fire for trying to force a Catholic university to providing contraceptives to their staff via the new healthcare plan which is against Catholic docterine? Take it away, force it on someone, neither party is innocent.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 19
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:31:32 PM
10 States Where Abortion Is Virtually Illegal for Some Women
By Amanda Marcotte, AlterNet
Posted on June 12, 2011, Printed on March 13, 2012
http://www.alternet.org/story/151268/10_states_where_abortion_is_virtually_illegal_for_some_women

In recent years, abortion restrictions on the state level have made abortion harder to access and harder to afford, making it just as inaccessible to many women as it would be if it were outright illegal.

As pro-choicers have long argued, abortion bans don’t stop abortion so much as drive it underground. Thousands of women were admitted to hospitals every year for septic abortions when the procedure was illegal, either from unsafe back-alley providers or their own amateur attempts at home.

Abortion is a legal right today. But thanks to increasingly restrictive state and local laws and overzealous law enforcement, we are seeing a return to pre-Roe back-alley abortions and increasingly criminal treatment of women. Here are 10 states where abortion laws are putting women’s health and freedom in danger:

1) Idaho. Even though the constitutional right to abortion has been established for 38 years, a woman in Idaho was arrested and charged for aborting her pregnancy. The woman bought some drugs online to terminate her pregnancy, and was ratted out by an acquaintance who disapproves of a woman’s right to choose. Even though the rat is technically on the wrong side of the constitutional determinations regarding this question, she got her way. The woman in question was arrested because of Idaho’s recent ban on post-20-week abortions, even though she claims to have believed she was only 14 weeks along, which could be true, if she wasn’t seeing a doctor during this time.

Most anti-choicers claim they want to jail abortion providers, not women who have abortions, but it’s telling that the very first person to be charged under this new trend of states banning abortion at 20 weeks was not a doctor, but the woman who actually terminated her pregnancy.

Idaho has seen a rapid decline in abortion providers, from seven in 2005 to four today. Lack of access could drive more women to these drastic measures.

2) Iowa. Iowa’s doing better on the numbers; unlike in most states, the number of providers has grown, from nine to 11. But that doesn’t mean it’s still not dangerous for women in Iowa.

Think being charged for a crime for having an abortion is scary? A woman in Iowa was arrested (not, thankfully, prosecuted) for merely thinking about abortion. Christine Taylor accidentally fell down some stairs and went for treatment at the hospital. While telling the nurse about her personal problems, a common enough situation at a hospital, Taylor let on that she had briefly considered abortion early in her pregnancy. The nurse called the cops, claiming the accident was an attempt at self-abortion. Taylor suffered three weeks of purgatory before the D.A. dropped the charges, but the fact remains that a woman was arrested and charges were considered on the grounds that she’d thought about exercising her constitutional rights.

3) Utah. As Michelle Goldberg explained in the Daily Beast, no woman’s story is too heart-rending for anti-choice zealots not to try to put her in jail for attempting an abortion. A pregnant 17-year-old who lived without electricity or running water in rural Utah, who may have been exploited by an older man and who certainly had no way to get to a doctor or pay for an abortion, paid a man $150 to beat her in the stomach.

The closest provider to the girl was a long drive away in Salt Lake City; there’s a total of seven providers in the whole state. Even though the abortion didn’t work, she was charged with criminal solicitation for murder. The charges were thrown out, because abortion is still not legally considered murder, but with many states passing 20-week bans on abortion, we can expect to see similar cases prosecuted with charges that could actually stick.

4) Louisiana. Using law enforcement creatively to get around the legal right to abortion is done in ways other than prosecuting women, of course. There’s also the practice of targeting abortion providers and hitting them with unnecessary, harassing regulations that aren’t applied to any other medical facilities.

Louisiana now has a law allowing abortion clinics to be shut down for any violation of any regulation, no matter how minor, even though it’s standard in most cases to let medical facilities stay open as long as they’re resolving the problem. To make it worse, Louisiana has a bunch of regulations that apply only to abortion providers that can be used for this purpose; laws such as requiring abortion providers to have a board of directors, even though other ob-gyns who do similar procedures do not have similar restraints.

The law has already been used to shut the doors of one clinic in New Orleans; a major loss as there’s only seven providers in the entire state, four of whom are in New Orleans. And if that wasn’t bad enough, Louisiana is also looking to ban abortion outright and attempt to take the issue back to the Supreme Court.

5) Kansas. It may still be legal to get or provide abortion in Kansas, but it’s become increasingly dangerous to do so. Human rights aren’t really being secured if trying to exercise them means facing threats of violence, as the civil rights activists of the past can tell you. Already one abortion provider in Kanas, Dr. George Tiller, has been assassinated, which dropped the number of providers in the state from four to three.

Even though the assassin received a life sentence, the continued threats of terrorism in Kansas haven’t slowed down at all, but have escalated. When a family doctor named Dr. Mila Means announced her intention to start offering abortions in Dr. Tiller’s stead, the result was a barrage of threats and harassment. And when the Department of Justice attempted to get a restraining order on one anti-choice extremist who threatened to kill Dr. Means, a federal court judge refused the request. It remains to be seen if federal intervention can quell the escalating hostilities.

6) Virginia. Virginia is quickly rivaling some of the more deep South states in the art of using legal harassment to run abortion providers out of business. Not only is the legislature trying to pass regulations that hold abortion clinics to hospital-level standards, but anti-choicers are trying to interfere with the Department of Health's decisions allowing abortion clinics to operate in the state. If anti-choice forces prevail, at least 17 of the 22 abortion clinics in Virginia will be forced to shut their doors.

7) Mississippi. The legal battles continue over whether or not it’s legal for the state to issue a ballot initiative on the question of whether a fertilized egg should be legally considered a “person.” If civil liberties groups challenging the ballot initiative lose out, it will probably pass into law, which not only threatens abortion, contraception and IVF access, but could result in legal actions taken against women who merely miscarry or give birth to stillborns.

The Jackson Women’s Health Clinic claims to be the only abortion clinic in the entire state.

8) Indiana. Indiana has dropped from 15 providers in 2005 to 12 in 2008. Law enforcement in the state has been looking for creative ways to put women in jail for failing to bear live children. A woman who attempted suicide while pregnant, only to give birth to a baby who didn’t survive, has been charged with murder. The state of Indiana doesn’t think Bei Bei Shuai suffered enough, even though she was abandoned by her boyfriend, had two mental breakdowns, tried to commit suicide, and lost a baby who only lived for four days after being born.

Now they’re trying to throw her in jail in an attempt not just to chip away at abortion rights, but to set the legal groundwork for charging women with murder if they terminate their pregnancies.

9) Ohio. Luckily, legislation that would ban abortion of any pregnancy where the fetus has a heartbeat is currently stalled in the legislature, but if this bill moves forward, it could be nearly as dangerous as a bill defining a fertilized egg as a person.

In many pregnancies, there’s a heartbeat detectable before a woman notices her period is late, so the bill would essentially criminalize all abortions. As noted, a woman has been arrested in Idaho for self-abortion after the 20-week limit, so a limit at eight or nine weeks would open the door for arresting women left and right in Ohio.

While there are 26 abortion providers in Ohio, there's already anecdotal coverage that this may not be enough. One Ohio clinic CEO told me there are reports of women traveling from to her clinics in Detroit in order to avoid the hassle of abortion in Ohio.

10) South Dakota. South Dakota legislators passed the most stringent waiting period law in the country, requiring a woman to wait 72 hours for an abortion and consult with a registered anti-choice pregnancy center before getting her abortion.

As no anti-choice centers have signed up yet, the law functionally bans abortion in South Dakota. Planned Parenthood is suing the state, and trying to get an injunction to prevent the law from being enforced while the lawsuit is ongoing. Planned Parenthood runs the sole abortion clinic in South Dakota, in Sioux Falls. South Dakota makes it so hard to get an abortion that a hefty percentage of women leave the state instead; nearly 36 percent of the patients at the clinic in Fargo, North Dakota come from out of state, mostly South Dakota.

Amanda Marcotte co-writes the blog Pandagon. She is the author of It's a Jungle Out There: The Feminist Survival Guide to Politically Inhospitable Environments.

http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejustice/151268/10_states_where_abortion_is_virtually_illegal_for_some_women/?page=2
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 20
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:01:56 PM
@lotus

Yet its not ok to abort a fetus with no pain sensors or consciousness developed yet????

what quack did you hear this from?

This planet is so pathetically overpopulated its reached a point where every new child born is taking vital resources and oxygen away from those who are trying to live a healthy life.

You better hope to high hell that there will be enough of these babies around to grow into adulthood because some of them will be wiping your ass and changing your Depends when you're laying in your own feces in some nursing home; because you will have had lived such a long life do to your "healthy" lifestyle!

@myyawn

Gas was $1.84 a gallon when he took office

On what planet? Gas hasn't been that low since the late 1990's when Clinton was in office! Lay off the Kool-aid!

I had messed up as bad as him I would want to fabricate something to take the eyes of the voter off my record as well.

You mean like Gwb fabricated WMDs in order to wage war on Iraq! Now I see!

@Iacalli

I believe in abortion, gay marriage and belong to a union. And I vote. And I vote Republican.

This is about as good of an example of how dysfunctional the American voter is!

@judy

The war is a war on white men and the white race in general. Contraception and abortion are to blame for the fact that white birth rates are below replacement,

yep! that is because the only ones who get crazy about this are generally the white females!

Furthermore, you lack the insight to see that the bottom line has nothing to do with political parties, and everything to do with the wishes of the oligarchy.

agreed!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 21
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:04:20 PM
....double post
 Wildcard74
Msg: 22
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:08:17 PM
@ message #16

Bravo!
 Paul K
Msg: 23
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:11:42 PM
Hey Yule........

another poster wrote:
"I believe in abortion, gay marriage and belong to a union. And I vote. And I vote Republican."

To which you replied:
"This is about as good of an example of how dysfunctional the American voter is! "

So according to you, unless a person toes the line about what they should believe according to what party they belong to, they are "dysfunctional"? So you would have nothing but a left and a right and no moderates in the middle that believe a little bit of each, and some of their own?

Just a question, do you consider yourself open minded?

Really?

Paul K
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 24
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:21:38 PM
Lacalli, then I have to ask, wtf do you find attractive and worthwhile about the current crop of GOP presidential candidates? Because to a man, they ain't supporting anything to do with you, and in fact, are highly regressive to womens rights.

So whats the attraction?

LovelikeWinter
Also, if I am not mistaken, wasn't Obama under fire for trying to force a Catholic university to providing contraceptives to their staff via the new healthcare plan which is against Catholic docterine? Take it away, force it on someone, neither party is innocent.

You are indeed mistaken. What Obama said was that an INSURANCE company had to follow federal laws and provide insurance coverage for it's employees. The Catholic Church stops being a Church at the doors OF the church. When it runs a business, like a Hospital, that takes state and federal funding, or gets state and federal takes breaks for said hospital, or it runs an insurance COMPANY, then guess what? It's a BUSINESS, not a church. Yeah, it's that simple.
They want to be a Church? They can have all the religious exemptions they want. The minute they hire people, the minute they open a business, they aren't a church any longer, and they got no right to gripe about business rules.

Under what the GOP is trying to pull, you could end up wearing a burkha if your boss or the church says so. You ok going down that road?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 25
The War on Women
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:32:29 PM

Im sorry Earthpuppy but this conspiracy like theories /propaganda reminds me of the communists talk McCarthy used to preach about, I for one dont believe the GOP is waging a war against women, I think its a tactic by the Democrats( and a poor one) to shade Team Obama and his administration because they are afraid he will lose the election in November

The Democratic party knows that today women face really no restrictions getting contraception, The Obama camps know that Republicans aren't going to stop women from getting contraception,They know that nine in 10 employer-based health care plans already cover contraception, they know community clinics cover virtually all the costs, so this is a totally phony issue pushed by partisans who have no strategy other than to go negative, dividing Americans along racial, ethnic and now gender lines.

Excuse me, what? After campaigning on a "Job, Jobs Jobs" platform, the GOP hasnt produced a single jobs bill to date. They have, on the other hand, produced One Hundred and Twenty Seven bills attacking women, and womens reproductive health issues. What you "believe", is irrelevent. Those 127 bills are facts. JFGI. The Republicans at the state and federal level are doing all they can to gut and close free and low cost clinics, or did you miss them trying to defund Planned Parenthood based on lies? They trying to give employers and insurance companies the ability to deny ANY coverage if they don't like one reason or another. If your boss has an issue with blood transfusions, you're screwed for insurance.

go negative? So it's the Dems fault Rush Limbaugh went negative and spent 9 hours defaming and slandering a young women for her testimony? He was forced to attack her by the Obama administration? Thats quite a stretch.

President Obama's supporters are misrepresenting what's going on and they're deceiving the American people just so he can retain power, This is child's play ,cynical and dishonest, his approval ratings are way down and he is finding out most Americans dont buy that can of soup he is peddling.

I like for once for you to present actual facts not links to opinions, I can send you links that show the Neil Armstrong didn't land on the moon, but I can show you links that says Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and did the jig and he tried hard not to fart in his space suit thingy he was wearing.

Again, your beliefs don't matter, the facts run counter to your beliefs. The facts are there for you to see. You just won't look.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The War on Women