Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Question regarding reporting images.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Holly63
Msg: 1
Question regarding reporting images.Page 1 of 1    
Does "indecent images" include bare torsos of men within their profile?

Its not total nudity nor it is particularly indecent. I know its against the rules for such photos but i'm not sure how to effectively report them.

I started searching today for the first time in a very long time and have reported some profiles. I hope I'm not over doing the reporting. I can't see the "rate photo" or whatever it was called any more. xxx
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Question regarding reporting images.
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:38:15 PM
Hiya Holly , the rate photo doo-dad is under the Meet Me section ( click on the meet me , then its on the extreme left of the options bar on the Meet Me page )... This just lets you approve random photos etc ... In that section it does state bare male torsos can be put on the ShirtlessPhoto/deleted list .

Report user button is on the bottom of every profile , but I havent used it thus far
 Holly63
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:44:38 AM
Thankyou Fox.... bless. xxx
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:59:03 AM
Pleasure !
 Revilors
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:09:28 AM
You're not going to find that particular users photo in the "rate images" section. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack. On the bottom of every profile is a red "report user" button. One of the reasons for reporting is inappropriate photo's I believe.
 MsVictoria
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:18:03 AM
Yep, report it and they'll do nothing about it. It's pointless.
 WNashGuy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:25:55 AM
It takes more than one person's report to get action. If you see an indecent image, report it. Your's could be the one to cause that action to happen.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:39:29 AM
Revilors..

Check that feature regularly, and you'll find bare breasts, pictures of female genitals.

Quite amazing sometimes.
 Revilors
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:02:08 AM

Check that feature regularly, and you'll find bare breasts, pictures of female genitals.

Quite amazing sometimes.

Because they would be otherwise so difficult to find on the internet? I suppose with Easter coming around the corner you could make it kind of like an Easter egg hunt.
 day-trader
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:14:00 AM
In my opinion someone who spends their time browsing through pictures and reporting them is unfit to date and may have underlying mental health issues.

Would it not be better if people who partake in this activity are flagged as "picture moderators". This way other users will be aware that they partake in this repetative activities and can form their own judgement.

I think POF could go a long way if we were able to identify those with mental health issues either positively by flagging them as picture moderators or discriminately by enabling us to screen them out of our searches, as we do with intimate encouters.

There are many simple algorithms available that can acurately predict a number of disorders, OCD, aspergers syndrome and high functioning autism falling within the realms of repetative behaivour.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:43:58 AM

n my opinion someone who spends their time browsing through pictures and reporting them is unfit to date and may have underlying mental health issues.

Would it not be better if people who partake in this activity are flagged as "picture moderators". This way other users will be aware that they partake in this repetative activities and can form their own judgement.

I think POF could go a long way if we were able to identify those with mental health issues either positively by flagging them as picture moderators or discriminately by enabling us to screen them out of our searches, as we do with intimate encouters.
And yet you obviously dont grasp how this site was designed to work. Members are SUPPOSED to report illegal pics. This site has 32 million profiles and a tiny staff. Pics do not get pre-approved before they are shown on a profile. There is no one on staff reviewing them or profiles either. Thats WHY the staff and admin has tailored this site to allow our own members to help police both pics and profiles here.

POF depends on members reporting illegal pics to purge them from the site. These folks dont have mental health issues they are following the guidelines this site has set forward to police profile pictures.

Cowboy
 Seekingmate4life
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:55:35 AM
yeah, its not like they delete it after one reporting. As far as the bare male torso goes, I assume it would depend. Be pretty stupid getting your picture reported if its you at the beach and your shirt is off. I've seen a few women with pics in their bras but I wouldn't report that myself, they were tasteful and this is a dating site for grownups afterall. To me a bra is no different then a bikini top. I did go check out that pic rating section and was surprised how many women had closeup topless pics posted. they'd need way too many staffers just to go pics alone if they had to do it that way, is a good idea having members do it.

Would you really want it to delete pics after just one report?
By requiring several reports it helps remove inappropriate photos while having the check and balance of having more than one person required to avoid abuse.

Pingshooter
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:35:16 PM
Not much of a hunt..they are there for anyone/everyone to see, here on POF. I hit one within the first five pictures of ladies that were available. Full frontal nude shot.

POF is just like any other pay dating site now.
 trinity818
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:07:29 PM

Full frontal nude shot

That's better than the one I caught. She was doing the full nudity bend over shot.

And it's wasn't a good angle for her.

Holly63
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:36:39 PM
Thanks for your feedback everyone.

I have reported some images ....not through the "Rate Images" feature........ as I'd forgotten where it was. They were nudity and interestingly, one such profile I reported ......which was a forum user......was modified within a few hours.

Thankyou for such prompt attention...... :)

<div class="quote">In my opinion someone who spends their time browsing through pictures and reporting them is unfit to date and may have underlying mental health issues.

I assure you I dont have OCD.

The purpose of my thread was to make sure I was doing the right thing.
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:40:50 PM
BRB , I need to photoshop some pants on my dogs pic thats in my profile
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Question regarding reporting images.