Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 passportlove
Msg: 1
Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!Page 1 of 1    
Hello all,

Please review away! I know a good number of people do not read profiles, and merely decide based on pictures. But for the few that will take the time to read my profile, I'd like to make sure it is at least readable.

Thanks!
 CalypsoRach
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:24:49 AM
Hello,

I loved your pictures made me smile.

Yes I read you very well. You seem cool. Hope you have lots of new adventures. I would perhaps let up on the age restriction as it's limiting your fishing pool a lot more and show a little of your humour. Maybe a more catchy headline.

Good Luck
 passportlove
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:24:42 AM
Thank you calypsorach. I do agree that I need a better headline. I'm just stumped! I do like the idea of incorporating my sense of humor
 OneGodfather
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:25:56 AM
Its a decent profile and you have nice pictures with a genuine nice smile, the only thing I would say is add a bit more humour and change the ethnicity part or explained how you are mixed...
 billbill81
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:41:35 AM
It has never crossed my mind that someone should have to elucidate upon their racial background to that degree. I imagine it may be an issue for some people in socio-economic terms perhaps (?!) but this represents a failure to perceive each person's core individuality and humanity.

In any case I would discount any comment like "I am Italian/West Indian/ Irish on my Mother's side so I am very passionate/athletic/humourous this is tempered my father's level headed german blood etc etc" because I find it slightly pathetic that people choose to define themselves by abstract notions of nationality and race. Where does that end. One of the most prominent nazis, Himmler I think, once said, "I think with my blood". If that kind of thinking is up your street then I would definitely be out.

Billy
(One quarter Irish on my father's father side - Enniscorthy, County Wexford. Three quarters English on my father's mother's side - Cumbria, England - and my Mother's side - Bolton, Lancashire. Unable to trace ancestry further than 3 generations. Health Warning: Any claim of Irishness likely to be overemphasized)
 passportlove
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:47:01 AM
Thanks OneGodFather. I am not going to change the ethnicity thing because I cannot change who I am...unless I had a time machine to go back to a time before I was conceived. Then I could convince my parents to not to do the horizontal hokey pokey. I will explain what/who I am to potential dates once we start having conversations about my background ( if they ask).
 OneGodfather
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:49:17 AM
Fair enough Passportlove, the only reason why I said that was because some people ethnicity/race matters to them.

Other than that you come across as pleasant and genuine.
 passportlove
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:49:55 AM
Thank you Billy!!!!
 jessrar9
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:03:59 AM
I have no advice I just want to tell you that you are absolutely beautiful!
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:14:03 AM
Hello PassportLove,

I agree with CalypsoRach. your photos are very nice and your profile portrays you as a fun and interesting person. I too would love to spend time traveling and photographing the world. I also agree that there is no reason you should have to say more about your ethnicity.

All the best,

SpringsDiver

Random Tip - Mutual Interests

Interests listed in the appropriate section as one or two words can help to make a connection. If someone searches POF profiles, and in the search criteria adds "Scuba diving", and you have that listed as one of your interests, they may come upon your profile. If you have "I love to Scuba dive" listed, your profile won't be found by the same search. Keep the listed interests as one or two words.

Disclaimer: The Random Tips truly are random. They come from a number of tips I have entered into a text program, and are inserted randomly into my messages. They are meant for anyone reading the posts, not just/necessarily the OP.
 passportlove
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:40:00 PM
Aww shucks! Thanks Jess!
 passportlove
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:40:52 PM
Thanks SpringsDiver! Now for me to work on my headline!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!