Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > guys, if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not into      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SpleenPoetry
Msg: 1
view profile
History
guys, if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not into her?Page 1 of 1    
if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not that into her most of the time? It's been 2 weeks now since I sent a guy a text message, but he still hasn't replied. I suppose he forgot to text back, or maybe he didn't feel like texting back? (or he didn't receive it/see it but that's highly unlikely I think)

thanks in advance!
 ScottN1987
Msg: 2
view profile
History
guys, if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not into her?
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:14:08 AM
There's been instances where people have sent me texts and I never even got 'em. Maybe that's the case?
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:14:31 AM
Yes, that is what it means. He may have forgotten to answer that specific text, but he also hasn't bothered to contact you during that time, so he can't be thinking about you.

Sorry, but that would be my take on it.

Unless of course he is unable to contact you for some reason, ie he's in hospital in a coma.

Is there a possibility that your text didn't arrive and he is sitting around asking his friends if you aren't into him because you never texted when you said you would?
 darthbanker
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:14:50 AM

if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not that into her most of the time?

If it's a couple of hours, no, it means I forgot.
A couple of weeks, yes, it means I don't really care.

I suppose he forgot to text back, or maybe he didn't feel like texting back? (or he didn't receive it/see it but that's highly unlikely I think)

If there was some sort of weird "do not contact me unless you are responding to my contact, if you receive no contact from me then do not contact at all" rule in place I could see where "forgetting" for a couple of weeks could happen.
Otherwise, he didn't forget.
He just didn't feel like it.
And if he didn't feel like it for 2 weeks, does that mean good things?

And of course it depends on other things.
Like for all I know this is a long distance thing with a deep miner in Australia that lives underground for 2 weeks at a time, or explores the deep amazon for plant cancer cures or something.
Or for all I know he's your married booty call and he's been busy with his wife and has to be clandestine so 2 weeks is normal.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:26:50 AM
Maybe he has a real life outside of texting. Or maybe he detest texting as a form of communication between two adults. Maybe he ran out of texting 'minutes'. Maybe you should call him and ask him. Wow, all that coupled with all the other reasons you are going to get there IS a good chance he isn't into you. Just ask.
 lovelyladyonsite
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:30:52 AM
Sorry, but a guy that is into you would have contacted you within this time frame. You can text him again and he may answer you to keep you on a string but he is still not into you. Move on and find yourself someone that would not prompt this question.
 Skyfireshogun
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:34:04 AM

if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not that into her most of the time? It's been 2 weeks now since I sent a guy a text message, but he still hasn't replied. I suppose he forgot to text back, or maybe he didn't feel like texting back? (or he didn't receive it/see it but that's highly unlikely I think)

No one "forgets" to txt someone important for 2 weeks!
 Jaimes004
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:43:30 AM
I have been known to miss a text, or get one in the later hours around bed time and not answer, but no more than a 12 hour time frame before I respond. Any more than that means that I am not really in to you.
 BeeRad82
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:44:33 AM
Depends on the text. I occasionally receive misc babble texts about nothing, attempts to fish out a conversation instead of just starting one, random statements of fact, etc. and am at times unsure of how to respond or whether I even should.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:44:35 AM
I don't see text as anything but ongoing conversation that has no time limits or boundaries. If it's been two weeks (and I know that - I generally don't keep track), if I send another text two weeks later I get nothing, I will usually lose touch with the person (if there's any romantic inclination). It's not a matter of someone being interested or not so much as people getting distracted and losing the point of conversation.

Then again I have friends who text me once every couple months. I don't think much of it...
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:46:58 AM

SpleenPoetry
if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not that into her most of the time?

Depends. If it's a girl I'm not that into I'll tend to reply right away. If I'm into her and looking to impress her, I'll usually take a while to really think about about my answer, make sure it is well worded, but witty, shows my personality etc.

SpleenPoetry
It's been 2 weeks

He just aint into you.
 SaluteYourShorts
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:14:33 AM
2 weeks? lol cmon....really? move along
 _Kites_
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:28:43 AM

No one "forgets" to txt someone important for 2 weeks!

Agreed.

I've sent pictures that never made it to the other person. I don't ever recall a text message not making it through.. I thought hard about it too - it's never happened.
 PAJD
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:13:03 AM
obviously if he hasn't contacted you in 2 weeks, he isn't interested!
 just_peachy1964
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:25:45 AM
Try calling him, if you get no answer then leave a message. IMO, if you have not gotten a reply after 2 weeks, its time to move on.
 kja71
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:38:15 AM
If a guy is into you he will text you. If it'e been 2 weeks, then forget about it.
 SirDorksAlot
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:32:02 PM

Two weeks? wow that a solid hint that he is not interested at all.
maybe a reply back 24-48 hours is acceptable but... two weeks?
cmon girl get the Hint!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:38:25 PM
I agree that it's the two week silence that is the problem, not the particular text answer.

The only caution I would toss in, is that I occasionally deal with someone who is in a state of transition of some sort, or who I am just getting to know, and we each think that the other is the one who has fallen silent. If I think that she is the more sensitive one, or the more involved with delicate times, I might wait a very long time, thinking it would be an unkindness for me to contact her/ interrupt her again.

But that's just one of my own quirky 'defects.' Most of the time, unless there are events which are preventing me from contact, including heavy emotional tumult (which I seem to be extra blessed with of late), and you and I are at least trying to be seriously involved with each other, then I will be in touch sooner than two weeks. I might fail to respond directly to your message, whatever it was, but I will be in touch.
 WhatsHappenin456
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:42:55 PM
If it has some thought put into rather just a one word "Hey" then I'll reply.
 gronkrocks
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:38:23 PM
It depends on the guy. Some guys like me aren't players and can't even keep track of the numbers we've been getting. I straight up forget who is in my phone sometimes, even if I see the name I can't recall who it was! Other guys just don't care. So send one more text (or even try calling) and if there is still no response, delete!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > guys, if you forget to text a girl back, does it mean you're not into her?