Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What are men thinking when they kiss you on the forehead?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Andromache
Msg: 1
What are men thinking when they kiss you on the forehead?Page 1 of 1    
What does it mean? If you do it with someone you have been in a sexual/romantic relationship with versus someone you just met?

Is it Sisterly love? Territorial love? Means nothing?

I did do a thread search. All the questions on this were really old or locked.

neck romancer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What are men thinking when they kiss you on the forehead?
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:50:18 AM
It really depends on the situation and the person.
But generally if Im doing that it means I think your a child. Slightly better than patting you on the head. Which is not a good thing if this was a date. Once again.. doesnt mean thats what he was thinking.
 jessrar9
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:54:31 AM
The only people who ever kissed me on the forehead were my dad and one of my aunts and it was an "I love you be good" kiss.

Not sure what it means if a romantic interest does it.
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:56:39 AM
It means your breath smells.
 Andromache
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:02:15 AM
It means your breath smells.

good answer.

@Neck romancer: Did not happen on a date or recently. I was thinking in more general terms. I always wanted to know but never asked.

@Jessar: So its like I care about you type of kiss or you're a child type of a kiss....
Got it :)

VVVVV@Kites: Yea I like the forehead kiss too from the guy, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Not sure why......also why I was wondering why men do it.
 _Kites_
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:03:17 AM
I had a girlfriend many years ago that was quite a bit shorter than I and I'd do this after a hug as we parted ways sometimes. I suppose I did it because it was convenient for me? She told me once that she loved it when I kissed her there.

Her telling me that is one of those things that I still remember and probably always will.
 PolarisBurns
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:09:30 AM
The person doing the kissing is telling you two things when kissing someone on the forehead. It is showing endearment for proven intellectual ability as well as dominance over the person that they are kissing.

I lived in Italy for six years and was married to an Italian woman for ten. Kissing rituals and their meanings are something a person must know when when with an Italian.
 PAJD
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:17:20 AM
Need more info on your question. So was it after a 1st date? If so I would say he was timid about going for the lips, if he wasn't into you, I would doubt he would get that close, even if just to kiss your forehead. If he has been dating you for awhile and kisses you often, and just sometimes kisses on the forhead, its probably just him showing affection.
 Revilors
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/17/2012 11:18:07 AM
I would do it to tell her that I appreciate who she is and would be showing it in a manner that doesn't suggest it's because I want sex (necessarily). That I find her mind and spirit as equally beautiful as her body.

I would think it odd if that is all that he kissed.

It's a message.

"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs..." Or do you insist that if it isn't said...it isn't so?
 OopstooLate
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:26:05 PM
[It means your breath smells. ]

hahaha...very funny...

Yeah, I think that depends on the guy really. Some men are comfortable with affection beyond a sexual nature.

I've had a boyfriend who kissed me on the forehead because I was sooo sick that I couldn't really move...so depends on the situation too.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:27:36 PM
The act of kissing, is for me, usually a way to enjoy the person I am with in some way, as well as being a communication. When I am in love with you, I will kiss you on your forehead, your hand, your hair, your fingertips, your knee...on any and every part of you.

It can mean everything, in that every kiss can be an act of sexuality and appreciation. It can mean nothing, in that it does not mean that I am avoiding kissing you on the lips.

If I am not in love with you, i.e. we are just friends, or even relatives, it can be a way to show affection without having a sexual component involved.

Sometimes too, it can be as a benediction, a symbolic act of blessing you, even though I am in no way a religious believer.

But I like what someone above said too, that sometimes all there is too it, is that I wanted to kiss you, and at that moment, your forehead was the closest part.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:42:47 PM
I'm thinking....."she has a nice forehead".......*kiss*......

peppermint petunias
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:57:24 PM
It's man Valium..............
"Calm the FVCK down woman!!" without the words.
 WhatsHappenin456
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:40:33 PM
Well I only kiss a girl on the forehead if Im in a relationship with her and if she is really important to me.
 BrockLee74
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:09:54 PM
We are probably thinking our breath stinks. I have avoided real kisses thinking my mouth wasn't fresh enough. One time I avoided an important one for such a reason.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:20:14 PM

What are men thinking when they kiss you on the forehead?P

What does it mean?
It means they wish you were about 3 feet taller.

Cowboy
 Law212
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:44:38 PM
Your face is really dirty, and this was the cleanest spot i could find.
 lightbrownsuga2luv
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:28:30 PM
If you had sexual encounters with him, I believe it means they are really not into you.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:47:11 PM

It means they wish you were about 3 feet taller.

Ouch, Cowboy! (I'm 4'9"). But ... my late hubby was 6'4 1/2". It was calisthetics for him and stretching for me, but we usually got to kiss on the lips (grin).
 womanfromcalifornia
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:51:48 PM
It might mean they think they are above you.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:08:39 PM
"She used head and shoulders shampoo" Alright.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What are men thinking when they kiss you on the forehead?