Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do guys always want to see my webcam???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TattoosAreAddictive
Msg: 1
Why do guys always want to see my webcam???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
My brother got me a really nice webcam for my birthday this year. He got it so we could chat because he's far away from home. Ever since I've gotten it, almost all the guys on my MSN want to see it all the time. Now I can see maybe once and a while letting them see, but not every time we chat! And the thing is too, I've seen only the same pictures of these guys all the time, yet I update mine frequently. Now I know that some people can't take pictures as often as they'd like to, and that's ok. Sometimes I get the feeling that these guys just wanna stare at my body and well you know......And why can't they accept no for an answer?? I had 2 different guys ask me to show them my cam tonight. The first guy asked to see a pic of me as my display pic. So I did that. Then he asked to see my cam. I said no not tonight,and suddenly 'he had to go' Now that right there tells me that he's only interested in my body. I mean it is nice to have a guy interested in your body, but this guy never chats with me, he always just wants to see my cam or pics of me. Guy #2 asked to see it, and when I denied him he started ranting about how he isn't perverted and how I'm selfish etc etc.Then he swore at me! So what should I do about this?? I'd like to hear from some guys and see what their opinions are. But of course anyones opinion is welcome by me!
 gramps
Msg: 2
Why do guys always want to see my webcam???
Posted: 7/25/2005 11:49:28 PM
They're jackasses. Actually, telling them 'no webcam' sounds like a pretty good way to weed them out. I'd keep doing it, if I were you.
 Ral
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2005 12:05:29 AM
It sounds like you've pretty much answered your own question. Personally I think it's nice to see who I'm talking to, and just be able to see what kind of reaction I get to the thing's I say, however I doubt this is the case with some guys, especially the two examples you gave. Of course, none of them are perverted and want to see you get nekkid on there... At least until the point where it suddenly seems possible to them. As far as I can say, in my opinion you might as well keep saying no to people, and stick with using your webcam with people who you know are your real friends, and the one's who don't get uptight when you say not tonight.
 jademill
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/26/2005 12:41:15 AM
oh my goodness I finally made it on here...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/26/2005 1:21:41 AM
I always say no.
 longte
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:08:32 AM
Just unplug it and only turn it on when you want to

Munkeechi
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:35:13 AM
I get guys asking me all the time to go on mine too but I always say no.. then they just stop talking. I figure their loss, not mine... they don't want to talk to wonderful lil me because I won't go on cam... too bad
 Knight Rider
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:38:13 AM
I never ask 'cause I don't have a cam,so I see it as being unfair for her to open her
cam if I got no cam!

As long as I can see her pic,and even at that,doesn't bother me,if I really enjoy
chatting with someone,I don't need a pic everytime to enjoy my time with her,I can
already see her heart and soul by just her words!

happens a lot to me too tattoo,they just pervs wanting to get off and ciber sex ya,bunch
of dopes!

Honestly,I can't see how anyone can have sex with someone they can't even feel,how lame is that????

Like you said tattoo,once in a while having the cam on is fine,especially like for a brother or someone you care about and can't see them very often,other then that,if you say no,
then it's no,end of story!

Knight Rider!
 viceguy2
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:46:17 AM
Other than to confirm identity...which is rare, I have no interest in it..I find it to be silly and that at times it actually creates ackwardness in a conversation.
 indigo rose
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:57:43 AM
I don't use them unless I'm chatting with family or friends...!
 Japhus
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/26/2005 9:25:16 AM
If a person can't be polite to a relative stranger, how are they going to treat someone they are comfortable with. It's beyond my comprehension that someone could swear at a total stranger or be rude for something as trivial as a webcam?

No, not worth the time and trouble. Uncheck that box and don't let the sick ones know you have one.

BTW - totally off topic, nice tiger! Hard to see the detail in such a small pic but it looks really nice...
 7times
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/26/2005 9:27:20 AM
why would they want to see your webcam? I'd rather see you. Hell seen one cam seen them all, some are just nicer
 Mad Muppet
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/26/2005 9:53:43 AM
Maybe her web cam is encrusted with rhinestones, or even is as ornate as a Faberge egg. Maybe theirs got stolen and they want to check to see if that one's it.
 TattoosAreAddictive
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:12:47 AM
Ok, I just went to uncheck the box that let people know I have a webcam,and it was already unchecked! So that means some of these people still found out I have a cam! Oh well, I'm still not going to let them see it. I'd much rather them see me in person than on camera. But then again if being a pervert is all they are after,then why would I want to be with them anyways. And for the person who commented about my tattoo. The detail is so increadibly fine. The camera does not do the tiger justice. I will try to get some better pics taken.
 Munkeechi
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:43:07 AM
If the box wasn't checked and they still found out, they probably figured it out from your pics. If you have a pic of yourself as a display pic they probably figured it was from a cam.

I used to belong to another site and people would ask to see me on cam and I'd say I didn't have one, that I used a friends (if I didn't want to talk to them)... they usually went away after that. Pretty obvious what their intentions were.
 TattoosAreAddictive
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:59:34 PM
Just an update for you all tonight. The same guy as yesterday night that insulted me and swore at me, did it again tonight! I came on before dinner to look up some guitar tabs for a cousin and he was on. He sent me a message invitation inviting me to start my cam up. I clicked decline and said I had to go to dinner. He said ok talk to you later. So I ate my dinner,and then came back on. Immediately he came on and asked to see it. I put 'NO' and he immediately started in on me again. He called me selfish,and swore at me. I had apologized for getting so mad yesterday and he said to me "F***, first you apologize and now you're going to do this again?" So I asked him what was so great about watching me type and look at the screen. He didn't reply to that. He kept insisting that he wasn't a perv and that he's better than the other guys out there etc etc. So then after I refused him again he said he is never going to talk to me again, but that if I ever came around and needed a friend he'd be there. So I asked if he'd be willing to come to where I live(it's like 25 minutes from him) or if he wanted me to come visit,and he said sure ya in a second. Then he put "But I didn't know you'd come see me" I replied, "you never asked" I don't know about him but I don't want to talk to someone like that anymore anyways. If that's how he treats me as an internet friend than how would he treat me as a girlfriend. Would he beat me up if I wouldn't sleep with him at a certain time of the day? I don't wanna know!
 PepperStar
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/26/2005 11:04:08 PM
You mean you would even consider letting this weirdo come to your house? You better wise up.
 TattoosAreAddictive
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/26/2005 11:07:56 PM
Oh not now! Before all this started he was actually really nice.
 Knight Rider
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/28/2005 1:11:11 AM
He's a boob!He should like you for who you are and not judge you or turn on you
just 'cause you don't want to cam,he don't deserve your friendship at all!

Knight Rider!
 Gotapulse
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/28/2005 2:56:03 AM
Oh well. Don't do it and don't even worry about their responses at this point. If they can't handle a "no" now, consider this you dodging a bullet. Shit, sounds more like a good thing that they would give themselves away so easily.
 Japhus
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/28/2005 5:29:47 AM
Like Munkeechi said, they figured it out from some of your pics which are obviously from a webcam. My standard answer to girls on POF that are getting harassed here because of their pics is to post a conservative pic as their profile pic, losers don't usually have the patience to browse further.

Meanwhile - I thought that tiger looked nice. I couldn't be sure about the detailing from the pic but considering the variety of colour I saw it was pretty safe to say that a lot of work went into it. Don't have any ink of my own but I admire any piece of good work. Good luck girl! And don't sweat it anymore about this guy, not worth the trouble.
 crystalise
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2005 5:35:45 AM
lol - this is too easy. In your case, if they are not your friend, and you dont know them, and these are loads of randoms contacting you - its to check out what you look like and ifor cyber sex requests usually quickly follow that.

What should you do is block this guy cause its what he is after. Basically they get off on watching you on cam and do wierd things you cant see.....or maybe they will try to show you or lordy knows what

Not saying everyone is like this, Cams are great to talk to friends and see each others faces from overseas and see people you like and know smile and wave. I have one too...but when in chat rooms and the like, random guys you dont know, as I said ask and push to see your cam...thats what it means

<<<< voice of experience here

NiceTallMan
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/28/2005 6:45:33 AM
Be careful its not someone thats wanting your pics for another reason. They will tell you everything you want to hear at first. Then, once they have your pics on cam, they may try to stalk you. Ive had it happen so, be careful. Just click youre not available. You can see whos on line and if someone asks you, click the ignore button. Good luck contacting you again. Take care.
 mainaka
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:13:59 AM
I am often invited by guys to watch their webcam,he said he has a good show daily
 Amzy
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:25:06 AM
Please, turn off the webcam. I'm on 28.8 dial up.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do guys always want to see my webcam???