Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How long do you wait for a 1st kiss?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NiceTallMan
Msg: 1
How long do you wait for a 1st kiss?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I recently took a woman out for a date to a baseball game. We had a great time talking, laughing, drank a few and decided that we'd head off to a bar later. We met a couple of her friends there and I was feeling awkward. I still had not kissed her. Should I had done it at the ballgame? The bar? Just didnt feel right. She was interested in me, but I think she lost interest after I hadnt kissed her all night. It wasnt until I walked her to her car that I gave her a small kiss. She blew me off after that. No extra dates for me. Im not used to dating cause its been awhile. I was married for 11 yrs, in a relationship for another 7, and didnt have to learn. Now I do. Is there anyone that can help? Maybe she thought Id ask her to come home with me. It was 3 am when we left the bar.
 Bailey Rayne
Msg: 2
How long do you wait for a 1st kiss?
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:36:09 AM
Bout an hour.........I gotta know if you can kiss........if ya cant....Im wasting my time...............
 longte
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:38:33 AM
By the sound of it there wasn't really a connection

If she had wanted to be kissed she would have made sure you kissed her
 Canadian_Hottie_30
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:50:35 AM
I agree with longt
With someone that I was interested in, I once waited 3 weeks........it was exceptional circumstances, but the build up was incredible!
 squirrly
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:51:03 AM
if you felt awkward then the kiss probably wasn't going to be welcomed. I don't think there is a time schedule for how long. It's just when it feels right. Something in the eyes...a closeness...maybe after a nice laugh and it just feels right. Most first dates I have been on, the kiss came at the end but some didn't even have a kiss. Some men are very shy but in this modern society they are usually the ones inititiating it.

The last date I went on that I really liked the guy, we hugged and I looked up and I initiated the kiss. I think it suprised him. We then walked to my car and he said, wait. He hugged me again and this time he initiated the kiss. Later he asked me why the kiss ended. LOL I said because we were standing in a carpark under a light with everyone walking around us to get to their cars.I wasn't going to do some tonsil spelunking in that atmosphere.
 MidWestGirl
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:55:43 AM
I wouldn't even go out with a guy that I didn't at some point plan on kissing.... Personally, I can deal with a gentleman not kissing me on the first date, If I am interested, I would like a kiss on the first date, by the second one, honey it is a must !!!!!!!! If not, she is gonna get bored and move on.... Most girls love to kiss, and will not be offended by the offer.......
 trvlingman
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:04:23 AM
whener it feels right.

I,m heading off for date #4 with someone in a few hours
still no kiss because some ***hole either I she or we both know decides to make an appearance at a most unwanted time.

third wheels should be drug into the street and shot like dogs
 squirrly
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:05:40 AM
^^^^ hahah now don't hold back. Say how you really feel.

Good luck with the kiss!
 Goldengirl2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:24:39 AM
As squirrly said....when it feels right. It could start with a peck on the cheek when you go to pick her up for the date. Her response will give you an indication if she's into you or not. Most, if not all us women really look forward to that first date kiss, especially if the date is going fine, so if it doesn't happen at some point during the date, make sure you be a gentleman, thank her for the date when you take her home.....don't be a stiff......tell her you had fun, making reference of something she said or did that really got your attention.....make her swoon, then extend your arms in a loving manner, inviting her for a hug.....then you take it from there.
 Mad Muppet
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:34:20 AM
The date is about what you want and whether that would work for her, too. Stand like a beggar with your hand out and you'll get nothing.
 LaurenBee
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:36:26 AM
I'm VERY forward, when I'm interested.
 PepperStar
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:38:58 AM
Since this was a first date, I think the small kiss was appropriate if that's what felt right. If she made a connection with you, she wouldn't have blown you off. Seems like maybe she just wasn't that interested in you.
 Gotapulse
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:40:04 AM

Well, definitely try to get it in before the first bj.
 XTinah
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:43:40 AM
lol.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:43:41 AM
We've all been there, as guys, not knowing if we should or shouldn't. But it's not a question of time. It never is. It is a question of situation. Are you in the appropriate situation? Do you feel it?

The best date I ever went on was a first date with a woman 10 years my senior, and as we walked out of the restaurant I knew it was kissing time. I felt it from her, and I felt it myself. So we ended up french kissing in the middle of a busy parking lot for about 45 minutes. I couldn't care who was watching. That gave me a lot more confidence in myself after that. Now I'm a serial, in public, french kisser.

But if it feels awkward, if it doesn't seem right, then it isn't. The clock or the calendar have no say.

And by the way, take it from me, even if you french kiss her to death, that doesn't mean you have a chance at a relationship. I've also had dates that were great, we french kissed for an hour in public, and I never heard from her again after that. So don't feel that maybe you "blew it" just because you didn't have the nerve to kiss her. Bull. It doesn't work that way. If a woman wants to kiss you, she will let you know. No guessing. If it doesn't feel right, it ain't right.
 MidWestGirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:52:39 AM
You will know when the time is right to lock lips......Long stares and smiles with nothing to say to each other...that's a good time to think about it....
 vondobulon
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:10:00 PM
I would have to agree with many of you on the points that this isn't about a length of time and that feelings are definitely what this question revolves around...speaking from my own exp. I've felt like kissing a woman in the first five minutes of a date...if you are looking for signals as to when it's appropriate...body language is huge...smiles and eye contact, are you/ have you been touching her..ie. hand holding, opening doors(hand on small of her back), leading her thru a crowd by her hips or hand...have you touched her hair, cheek, ass..(kidding)...I think women have to be warmed up to the thought of kissing if they aren't already (as some of you have already said)...waiting for the guy to plant one on them just to see if the night is even going to be worthwhile/or has been...and if you need a lead in...try taking both of her hands in yours and kissing them gently, saying how you feel, and moving them to the small of "HER" back or yours...which will bring you both closer...if she doesn't want to kiss..she'll probably turn her head or head butt you...(smile)...and remember everyone might not be as forward as you are and may need some easing into it..most women I know are more shy than men...anyway...there's my 2 cents
 bambi75
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:31:00 PM
If things are going well, i'd say anytime is alright. At least if i do not get a kiss at the end of the night, i know he is not into me. I am not going to kiss someone i am not interested in either.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:49:28 PM
A good indicator for a guy to look for is a very straight forward type of body language. Usually if a woman is interested in you, at some point in the date, she will make what would appear to be very casual, incidental physical contact. For example, she might give you an elbow to the ribs as she makes a joke. Or she might slap you on the shoulder and say something like, "Silly Goose!" if you are actually being silly. Or she might playfully bump into you as you walk. Or she might tap your wrist to make a point. That type of thing.

They will be all casual moves that create a contact which, in and of themselves, mean nothing. But we all know better. And you better know better, too. That almost always means you have the green light to kiss her when the moment comes. A good woman will make this unambiguous for a guy. And the ones that are experienced, are very good at it.

However, as a gentleman you should never take those type of liberties with a lady. They do it to you - woman's prerogative. Keep your hands to yourself until you get the green light. And it is best to save the kiss for the end of the date.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:56:35 PM
10 mins
 uniquegirl
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/26/2005 4:19:41 PM
For me if I like someone I like to kiss them, but I don't care if its within the first hour of the first date or the last hour of the tenth date, whatever feels right, as long as we are both showing intrest in each other then thats what keeps us wanting more.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2005 4:51:49 PM
As soon as I know that she knows how beautiful I think she is. The window of most meaningful opportunity isn't a terribly large one.
 blancdoux
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:04:04 PM
@ double

How long does it take you to know exactly?
 rafael3
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:15:28 PM
Rule of thumb, if it hasn't happened by the end of the first date (usually the second or third get together), I pass on it, and move onto someone who is attracted to me. I live in NYC, so patience is not my strength.
 TheDevilsAdvocate
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:17:06 PM
Usually until the end of a first date.

The first kiss can decide whether or not he gets a second one (as aforementioned, kissing is a prelude to everything else, and sexual attraction is a must).

Maria XOXO
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How long do you wait for a 1st kiss?