Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Lay it on me...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FixedVariable
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Lay it on me...Page 1 of 1    
I am asking for reviews because while I don't dislike my profile, I have to wonder if it's kind of "info overload-ish" or not. Also... I feel sort of wishy-washy towards the profile, the more I think about it.

So have at it.
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 2
Lay it on me...
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:56:02 PM
I feel you have given too much information about what you like, but not enough about who YOU ARE, and what you want in a relationship. I think you should start over completely. Keep it all positive. Break it up with paragraphs and blank lines between the paragraphs. List fewer interests in the about me section, but go into more detail about the ones you keep.

Read Profile Writing Tips and Online Dating Tips pinned posts at the top of this forum. Once you have made some changes, post in this thread again to have your profile reviewed.
 FixedVariable
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Lay it on me...
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:14:49 PM
^^

Yeah I was kind of expecting to read something like that as a response.

The more I read my profile, the more I think that I must read like one skatterbrained chick. Not good. May be semi-accurate, sure, but no need to display that trait so quickly, I suppose.

As for the fact that I haven't listed what I want in a relationship... that might be due to the fact that I'm not completely sure. Is admitting that a no-no or just honest?
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 4
Lay it on me...
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:17:46 PM
I definitely would not write in your profile that you don't know what you want. That will make a guy click "next" very quickly. Take a look at my profile to get an idea of what I mean by "write about what you want in a relationship". i am not saying you should write that you hope to be married within a year, or anything too specific, but just generally what you like when you are with someone.

VVV Edit for below

I wrote it here already.. guess I'm screwed.

Well, that is very perceptive of you, but not necessarily true. Many people are not even aware of the forums, so the likelihood of someone interested in you reading this is slim.
 FixedVariable
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Lay it on me...
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:21:11 PM
I wrote it here already.. guess I'm screwed.

I know I want a relationship, but I am fuzzy on specifics. As in I'm not trying to find a hubby or start a family.
 sjones65
Msg: 6
Lay it on me...
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:21:14 PM
Yea I'd say the same thing. It's a lot of information to take in all at once. It seems like its well thought out, but maybe a bit too much. Some of the info in your profile could be found out later in emails, such as your favorite number and such. Listing what you want in a relationship can be tricky as well. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to "Break" any of your own rules. Hope that helps
 mrkurns
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Lay it on me...
Posted: 3/29/2012 1:56:54 PM
Thanks for the review, I'll help out too.

It is a solid write up, the little facts can certainly be endearing but perhaps include more about your fundamental personality...ie. dislikes, likes, aspirations etc.
 FixedVariable
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Lay it on me...
Posted: 5/27/2012 11:54:25 AM
Good God.

I ask for reviews and actually tried to do some of the suggestions.. and then I forget I even asked.. Whoops.

Anyway, thanks for the 2 new reviews (although not new anymore). I did try to edit it down a bit.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Lay it on me...