Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Space Travel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wigglypuff
Msg: 1
Space TravelPage 1 of 1    
I envy our future generations who will have the chance to travel to space just for the hell of it. Does anyone here think it'll be be an affordable option in the next 50-60 years? I hope so. It would be an incredible view to see Earth from space. Maybe a vacation on the moon.
 KorageHu
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Space Travel
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:57:46 AM
more like 200-500years...
 Anzhelina
Msg: 3
Space Travel
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:58:39 PM
Noway. Has to be sooner than that. Technology is increasing at a faster pace than we all think!
 neck romancer
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Space Travel
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:48:06 PM
I think Russia will fly you up into space in one of their MIG's but I dont think its affordable.

oh here http://www.virgingalactic.com/ only $200,000
 Rheostatic
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Space Travel
Posted: 5/1/2012 7:57:51 AM

more like 200-500years...

What century are you living in? Space X just test-fired their Falcon 9 engine yesterday. It's literally becoming a reality.

It will be an option in our lifetimes, and will be an affordable one in our children's.
 KorageHu
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Space Travel
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:51:08 AM
In the 1960.. they thought all humans by 2000 would meet aliens and fly on rockets...

asking me about what century I live in... you dare insult. Good... you set yourself up to be mocked. I always like payback.

"It will be an option in our lifetimes, and will be an affordable one in our children's."

LOL Yeah, with our national debt.. you expect us all for space travel like the train of ppl moving to Mars.

haha... how many countries can go to space? Currently Russia, USA, and China.

Pointing out space travel within our children's generation is deluded.

At most, standby to my 200-500years forcast.

We might need to separate ourselves. My common sense at a reasonable time frame vs your made up fantasy to escape earth immediately. "It will be an option in our lifetimes"... sike..

Plus,... your too fat to head to space in our life time...
 Rheostatic
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Space Travel
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:47:21 AM
lol...you called me fat on the internet...good to know you're easily offended, I will use that. I enjoy seeing fragile egos displaying their peacock feathers on the internet.

I'd retort, but we all know what they say about arguing on the internet.

Anyways, if you don't think it'll be a relatively affordable option by the 22nd century, you really have very little faith in science. Look how much we've progressed since 1912. And that included two world wars, countless other wars, and a depression far greater than the US finds itself now. Hell, look how much we've progressed in the last TEN years.

I'm not deluded. I'm optimistic. I don't even know why I'm responding, as your opinion means less than nothing. It's the scientists and science bloggers I follow whose opinions on the subject actually matter. I'm not saying we'll be flying to hotels on Mars in the next 100 years, I'm saying that orbital spaceflight will be more affordable in 100 years than it was when the first "space tourist" went up to the ISS in 2001.
 LimesnAppl
Msg: 8
Space Travel
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:20:48 AM
Well technology doubles every year, look at cell phones for example.

The 60's to 80's wasn't that big a jump. In the last 10 years has been quite large. The price of tech is quite cheap now.

I forget where I saw this but he was explaining how we walk into a room expecting there to be a light switch and power,
the next step will be the internet. Just look at all the hotspots now. Even look at your (iphone), in years cell phones might replace point and shoot camera's.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Space Travel